PDA

View Full Version : Our Base Offesive Set Should Be 3 WRs

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2014, 09:18 PM
Whether that means no FB and/or TE is besides the point.

We need Woods on the field as much as possible.

YardRat
08-16-2014, 09:23 PM
It probably will be.

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2014, 09:30 PM
It probably will be.

OK.

So no TE or no FB?

Here you go Mace....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYBHNLWDDwY

YardRat
08-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Gotta have a TE to help the oline, unfortunately.

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2014, 09:38 PM

So no FB.

I agree.

In today's NFL, no FB does not telegraph a run play.

swiper
08-16-2014, 09:59 PM
If Marrone is really being honest about keeping Woods s second string, then he's nuts.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-17-2014, 12:03 AM

It already is. Buffalo ran 3WR, 1TE, 1RB ("11 personnel") on nearly 60% of our snaps last year.

elltrain22
08-18-2014, 05:49 PM
You can have a TE on the field along with 3 wf's

put Watkins on the line, while Williams and Woods are in the slot. Watkins & Williams line up on one side, with Chandler & Woods line up on the other side. We would have to go 1 back, but I still think this formation gives us the most amount of talent on the field at the same time.

The Jokeman
08-18-2014, 06:03 PM

Or run a traditional base offense and have Woods on the outside until Watkins earn a starting spot opposite Mike Williams and then kick Woods to the slot. As yes, Watkins been great in practice but he hasn't shown it in game situations but will say he's only got 1 game of action behind his belt.

The Jokeman
08-18-2014, 06:07 PM
You can have a TE on the field along with 3 wf's

put Watkins on the line, while Williams and Woods are in the slot. Watkins & Williams line up on one side, with Chandler & Woods line up on the other side. We would have to go 1 back, but I still think this formation gives us the most amount of talent on the field at the same time.

If we play 3 wide in my mind I see Williams on the strong side and Woods in the slot with Watkins outside him. Yet I wouldn't mind seeing Woods and Williams on the outside with CJ Spiller and Dixon in the backfield together. Then on 3rd downs taking Dixon and Spiller out and replace them with FJax and Watkins.

BillsImpossible
08-18-2014, 07:01 PM

Seantrel Henderson can change that at RT.

How about a base offensive set with 4 WR?