PDA

View Full Version : BonJovi >>> Pegula

YardRat
08-17-2014, 08:22 AM
Why?

1--Business ability--JBJ is probably one of the sharpest businessmen in the music industry. He knows how to market, he knows how to publicize, he knows how to maximize his profits, he knows how to create a quality product that succeeds. He built a multi-million dollar corporation from basically nothing. Pegula and his fracking fortune concern me. One doesn't make that amount of money, that quickly, without cutting corners and/or ****ing somebody along the way. Pegs probably has a better chance of being the next Rigas, not the next Wilson, and if **** does happen to hit the fan while he is owner and prior to any long term lease/ new stadium this team will be sold and moved in a blink.

2--National exposure--JBJ ownership will have the Bills all over the national media outlets, just by virtue of his presence. Nobody outside of WNY and Pennsylvania probably even knows who the hell Terry Pegula is, let alone how to pronounce his last name.

3--Corporate sponsorship--A necessary evil in today's NFL. JBJ and the Toronto group have a far larger corporate network, and much better possibility of selling those corporations on advertising, suites, PSL's etc. Pegs brings nothing to the table except the same-ol'/same ol' lightweight Buffalo businesses that already don't support the two professional teams enough.

4--NFL Insider--In all honesty, one of the things I like least about JBJ is his ties with Bob Kraft, but one has to face reality...by virtue of their relationship, JBJ already has connections and access to the power players in the league. JBJ, with Kraft's support, will automatically bring credibility to the team within the ownership circles, while Pegula is an outsider trying to buy his way in.

5--Track record--Granted, Bon Jovi has none (well, except for the Soul of the AFL). Pegula, however, has the feather in his cap of taking an existing professional franchise and driving it to the bottom of the standings. Woo-hoo...just what we need for a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in a decade and a half.

6--The Jimbo Factor--IMO Pegs wants nothing more out of Kelly than what his current role is...a team ambassador on the payroll. Maybe even not that. JBJ's group at least recognizes at this point the value of including Kelly on a larger scale, and is willing to consider it.

7--Passion--Bon Jovi wants to own an NFL team. JBJ loves football, and the NFL. The Buffalo Bills would instantly become a part of JBJ's everyday life, and nobody would work harder to create a winner. Pegs is a hockey fan, first and foremost, and his priority will always be Sabres #1, Bills #2. JBJ would eventually bleed Bills red and blue, Pegula will be passing the buck to others (Brandon?) and trying to find time to pay attention to the team.

8--New stadium--Yes, Pegs has the money to build it himself. That also means he has the ability to rely on public funding less, which could (should, if he's any kind of a businessman) lead to a less restrictive lease with any county, city or state. Kind of hard to ask for non-relocation clauses or exorbitant fees if you don't have much invested into the venture. Whether or not one agrees with the concept and practice of investing public monies into sports venues, a JBJ new stadium will A)Grease the skids for the state, county and city (possibly) to pony up, and give those public entities some ground to stand on when requiring terms that will keep the team in WNY for the long time, and B)Eliminate the possibility of some point in the future Pegs just pulling up stakes from his own building and heading to greener pastures.

Other than cash, which Pegula has already proven won't buy a winner or championship, and the public perception that Pegs is a 'home-boy' that'll keep the team in Buffalo as opposed to the rumors and speculation of JBJ/Toronto moving to Canada, the facts are Bon Jovi would probably be a better immediate, and long-term, ownership solution than Terry Pegula.

Skooby
08-17-2014, 08:25 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=17lkdqoLt44

better days
08-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Why?

1--Business ability--JBJ is probably one of the sharpest businessmen in the music industry. He knows how to market, he knows how to publicize, he knows how to maximize his profits, he knows how to create a quality product that succeeds. He built a multi-million dollar corporation from basically nothing. Pegula and his fracking fortune concern me. One doesn't make that amount of money, that quickly, without cutting corners and/or ****ing somebody along the way. Pegs probably has a better chance of being the next Rigas, not the next Wilson, and if **** does happen to hit the fan while he is owner and prior to any long term lease/ new stadium this team will be sold and moved in a blink.

2--National exposure--JBJ ownership will have the Bills all over the national media outlets, just by virtue of his presence. Nobody outside of WNY and Pennsylvania probably even knows who the hell Terry Pegula is, let alone how to pronounce his last name.

3--Corporate sponsorship--A necessary evil in today's NFL. JBJ and the Toronto group have a far larger corporate network, and much better possibility of selling those corporations on advertising, suites, PSL's etc. Pegs brings nothing to the table except the same-ol'/same ol' lightweight Buffalo businesses that already don't support the two professional teams enough.

4--NFL Insider--In all honesty, one of the things I like least about JBJ is his ties with Bob Kraft, but one has to face reality...by virtue of their relationship, JBJ already has connections and access to the power players in the league. JBJ, with Kraft's support, will automatically bring credibility to the team within the ownership circles, while Pegula is an outsider trying to buy his way in.

5--Track record--Granted, Bon Jovi has none (well, except for the Soul of the AFL). Pegula, however, has the feather in his cap of taking an existing professional franchise and driving it to the bottom of the standings. Woo-hoo...just what we need for a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in a decade and a half.

6--The Jimbo Factor--IMO Pegs wants nothing more out of Kelly than what his current role is...a team ambassador on the payroll. Maybe even not that. JBJ's group at least recognizes at this point the value of including Kelly on a larger scale, and is willing to consider it.

7--Passion--Bon Jovi wants to own an NFL team. JBJ loves football, and the NFL. The Buffalo Bills would instantly become a part of JBJ's everyday life, and nobody would work harder to create a winner. Pegs is a hockey fan, first and foremost, and his priority will always be Sabres #1, Bills #2. JBJ would eventually bleed Bills red and blue, Pegula will be passing the buck to others (Brandon?) and trying to find time to pay attention to the team.

8--New stadium--Yes, Pegs has the money to build it himself. That also means he has the ability to rely on public funding less, which could (should, if he's any kind of a businessman) lead to a less restrictive lease with any county, city or state. Kind of hard to ask for non-relocation clauses or exorbitant fees if you don't have much invested into the venture. Whether or not one agrees with the concept and practice of investing public monies into sports venues, a JBJ new stadium will A)Grease the skids for the state, county and city (possibly) to pony up, and give those public entities some ground to stand on when requiring terms that will keep the team in WNY for the long time, and B)Eliminate the possibility of some point in the future Pegs just pulling up stakes from his own building and heading to greener pastures.

Other than cash, which Pegula has already proven won't buy a winner or championship, and the public perception that Pegs is a 'home-boy' that'll keep the team in Buffalo as opposed to the rumors and speculation of JBJ/Toronto moving to Canada, the facts are Bon Jovi would probably be a better immediate, and long-term, ownership solution than Terry Pegula.

So selling land for $1.75 BILLION DOLLARS is a sign of a poor business ability?

And YES the fact there is speculation Bon Jovi would move the team plays a huge part in how he is perceived.

This is the worst post you have ever posted.

YardRat
08-17-2014, 08:38 AM
I never said Pegs had 'poor business ability', I said his business concerns me.

I acknowledged the connection between the speculation and the perception of the two sides.

I didn't expect you to like this post, at all.

Dr. Lecter
08-17-2014, 08:40 AM
Why?

Why is JBJ a better businessman? Pegula built his business from nothing as well and it is multi-billion. Who are these people he screwed over? Where are the accounts of him doing that? Or is that an assumption on you part? Did JBJ screw anybody over? Or is his success largely based on somebody else marketing him?
Why is national exposure important to the success of the team and how does JBJ provide that? Do people really care who owns the team in the long run? How much has the well known names tied up with the Dolphins helped their national exposure?
What will he do to bring corporate sponsorship to the team when the real problem is that the area has no Fortune 500 companies and the fact that sponsorship spends fewer dollars here because there is less money to be made with the smaller population that also tends to be less wealthy than other NFL markets. And I would hardly call Pegula a lightweight. He has many more resources than JBJ
So because he is buddies with Kraft that somehow helps? How so? Wouldn’t Pegula’s wealth also be looked upon favorably?
The team was already on its way down and you seem to ignore that he finally cleaned house with the Sabres and is starting over. Perhaps, that means he learned his lesson and would do the same with the Bills.
Why is including Kelly important? His status as a local icon really does not mean anything in terms of running an NFL franchise. And if the stories are true that he and his brother want final decision on football decisions, they can stay far away.
That is a lot of assumption on your part about Pegula. I don’t think somebody sinks a billion dollars into something they are going to treat as secondary to something they paid 200 million for.
Are you saying you would prefer that the city, state and county pay for the stadium or not? Certainly a privately held stadium does limit the connection the team has to the area. But moving a NFL team is still not always as easy as you make it sound. And, if he builds a stadium and then moves the team then his investment on the stadium is a waste. Wouldn’t that be more of a deterrent then waiting for a lease to expire and then bolting the area? If he spends 800 million to build a stadium downtown with all of the rest of his businesses, he is not going to want to leave that investment in 10 years and essentially throw that money away.

Sorry – I just don’t see why JBJ would be a better choice.

better days
08-17-2014, 08:43 AM
I never said Pegs had 'poor business ability', I said his business concerns me.

I acknowledged the connection between the speculation and the perception of the two sides.

I didn't expect you to like this post, at all.

You put business ability #1 on your list, then described what a great businessman Bon Jovi is.

Yeah, that IMPLIES he is a better businessman than Pegula.

And for BUFFALO BILLS fans keeping the Bills in Buffalo is the #1 priority at this time.

There is paperwork that PROVES the Toronto group has plans to move the Bills,FACT.

Like I said, your WORST post ever.

DynaPaul
08-17-2014, 08:44 AM
This post has to be a joke.

Tiburon1724
08-17-2014, 09:01 AM
since he'll move it to Toronto its all irrelevant.

JoeMama
08-17-2014, 09:01 AM
A pile of puke > Bon Jovi

Sorry Yardie but no one thinks it's cool that you're stuck in 1989 and you still listen to mom rock and cry your eyes out at the front row of Bon Jovi concerts.

We'll keep our team. You can keep your crappy gay crush on a hairband boy.

Fair deal.

Dr. Lecter
08-17-2014, 09:04 AM
you're stuck in 1989 and you still listen to mom rock and cry your eyes out at the front row of Bon Jovi concerts.
You can keep your crappy gay crush on a hairband boy.

Hey!!!

There is NOTHING wrong with that.

JoeMama
08-17-2014, 09:05 AM
On the plus side of this potential tragedy, maybe if the Bills move to Toronto, Yardie will go with them so we don't have to witness anymore of cringe-worthy rationalizations about how everyone due for a payday magically sucks overnight and the wizards of conventional wisdom in our front office are the smartest men assembled in one room since the Declaration of Independence was drafted.

Go away forever. Thanks.

We're Bills fans. Not cap whores masquerading as Bills fans.

JoeMama
08-17-2014, 09:07 AM
Hey!!!

There is NOTHING wrong with that.

The rules are different for you.

You're Tommy!

You're like the Fred Jackson of this forum. It would be criminal if somebody didn't like you.

That means you can rock at at every Poison/Bon Jovi/Def Lepperd/Ratt concert you want. You get a free pass from me, brother.

Turf
08-17-2014, 09:16 AM
If you can't see that Pegula is the obvious choice ten fold over Bon Jovi, then I going to use a line from the judge in"My Cousin Vinny".

Are you on druuugs?

coastal
08-17-2014, 09:25 AM
6--The Jimbo Factor--IMO Pegs wants nothing more out of Kelly than what his current role is...a team ambassador on the payroll. Maybe even not that. JBJ's group at least recognizes at this point the value of including Kelly on a larger scale, and is willing to consider it.what exactly is this larger scale that Jim should be framed into? Realizing he's an icon and all that... hes been the default face of the franchise because outside of his tenure... the team has sucked.

hes nothing more than a marketing arm for the team... albeit a very popular one and that can be capitalized on.

as far as someone who is deciding on the direction of the organization and the team.... I want nothing to do with him.

not to mention or to be harsh here, but he's likely on borrowed time.

YardRat
08-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Why is JBJ a better businessman? Pegula built his business from nothing as well and it is multi-billion. Who are these people he screwed over? Where are the accounts of him doing that? Or is that an assumption on you part? Did JBJ screw anybody over? Or is his success largely based on somebody else marketing him?
Why is national exposure important to the success of the team and how does JBJ provide that? Do people really care who owns the team in the long run? How much has the well known names tied up with the Dolphins helped their national exposure?
What will he do to bring corporate sponsorship to the team when the real problem is that the area has no Fortune 500 companies and the fact that sponsorship spends fewer dollars here because there is less money to be made with the smaller population that also tends to be less wealthy than other NFL markets. And I would hardly call Pegula a lightweight. He has many more resources than JBJ
So because he is buddies with Kraft that somehow helps? How so? Wouldn’t Pegula’s wealth also be looked upon favorably?
The team was already on its way down and you seem to ignore that he finally cleaned house with the Sabres and is starting over. Perhaps, that means he learned his lesson and would do the same with the Bills.
Why is including Kelly important? His status as a local icon really does not mean anything in terms of running an NFL franchise. And if the stories are true that he and his brother want final decision on football decisions, they can stay far away.
That is a lot of assumption on your part about Pegula. I don’t think somebody sinks a billion dollars into something they are going to treat as secondary to something they paid 200 million for.
Are you saying you would prefer that the city, state and county pay for the stadium or not? Certainly a privately held stadium does limit the connection the team has to the area. But moving a NFL team is still not always as easy as you make it sound. And, if he builds a stadium and then moves the team then his investment on the stadium is a waste. Wouldn’t that be more of a deterrent then waiting for a lease to expire and then bolting the area? If he spends 800 million to build a stadium downtown with all of the rest of his businesses, he is not going to want to leave that investment in 10 years and essentially throw that money away.

Sorry – I just don’t see why JBJ would be a better choice.

1. The fracking background and potential for litigation concerns me. Where were the accounts for Rigas before things went south? Pretty sure JBJ is the driving force behind his business, and he isn't being handled by others.
2. National exposure = TV. TV = ratings. Ratings = money. The NFL likes TV money.
3. JBJ brings national money. The rest of his group brings Canadian money. Toronto has far more potential for corporate sponsorship than Buffalo.
4. Of course it helps...JBJ is basically already part of the family thanks to Uncle Bob. Who do you think Kraft and his cronies are going to pimp...JBJ or Pegula?
5. It's easy to say the team was already going down, after the fact. Maybe the scorched earth policy he recently implemented will work...maybe it won't. The fact remains his track record to this point is documented, and not one of success.
6. If Kelly weren't important to the fan base, his possible connection to a future ownership group is a daily topic. Of course it's relevant, to the fans. I have to agree, If the reports are true, what they are asking for is ridiculous.
7. Pegs is a hockey fan...that's a fact.
8. I'm not stating a preference, just laying out the logistics. The stadium scenario's I laid out are very feasible. Do you really think somebody that can turn $1.7bil in cash in the matter of a couple of weeks is really going to worry about a piddly $800 million dollar building? Hell, the new location's incentive payments will probably wipe out that expense, and put a little spending cash in his pocket to boot.

YardRat
08-17-2014, 09:29 AM
A pile of puke > Bon Jovi

Sorry Yardie but no one thinks it's cool that you're stuck in 1989 and you still listen to mom rock and cry your eyes out at the front row of Bon Jovi concerts.

We'll keep our team. You can keep your crappy gay crush on a hairband boy.

Fair deal.

On the plus side of this potential tragedy, maybe if the Bills move to Toronto, Yardie will go with them so we don't have to witness anymore of cringe-worthy rationalizations about how everyone due for a payday magically sucks overnight and the wizards of conventional wisdom in our front office are the smartest men assembled in one room since the Declaration of Independence was drafted.

Go away forever. Thanks.

We're Bills fans. Not cap whores masquerading as Bills fans.

If you'll notice, there are examples in this thread of how adults can discuss a topic. I would suggest taking notes.

Or are you still busy looking for the cash Ralph stuffed under his mattress by not paying Levitre and Byrd? Come up with any numbers yet?

I didn't think so.

better days
08-17-2014, 09:32 AM
1. The fracking background and potential for litigation concerns me. Where were the accounts for Rigas before things went south? Pretty sure JBJ is the driving force behind his business, and he isn't being handled by others.
2. National exposure = TV. TV = ratings. Ratings = money. The NFL likes TV money.
3. JBJ brings national money. The rest of his group brings Canadian money. Toronto has far more potential for corporate sponsorship than Buffalo.
4. Of course it helps...JBJ is basically already part of the family thanks to Uncle Bob. Who do you think Kraft and his cronies are going to pimp...JBJ or Pegula?
5. It's easy to say the team was already going down, after the fact. Maybe the scorched earth policy he recently implemented will work...maybe it won't. The fact remains his track record to this point is documented, and not one of success.
6. If Kelly weren't important to the fan base, his possible connection to a future ownership group is a daily topic. Of course it's relevant, to the fans. I have to agree, If the reports are true, what they are asking for is ridiculous.
8. I'm not stating a preference, just laying out the logistics. The stadium scenario's I laid out are very feasible. Do you really think somebody that can turn $1.7bil in cash in the matter of a couple of weeks is really going to worry about a piddly $800 million dollar building? Hell, the new location's incentive payments will probably wipe out that expense, and put a little spending cash in his pocket to boot.

9. Bon Jovi & the Toronto group want to move the Bills to Toronto...that's a fact.

YardRat
08-17-2014, 09:33 AM
what exactly is this larger scale that Jim should be framed into? Realizing he's an icon and all that... hes been the default face of the franchise because outside of his tenure... the team has sucked.

hes nothing more than a marketing arm for the team... albeit a very popular one and that can be capitalized on.

as far as someone who is deciding on the direction of the organization and the team.... I want nothing to do with him.

not to mention or to be harsh here, but he's likely on borrowed time.

Partial ownership would go a long way with the fan base...that's about it really.

I agree with your thoughts for anything beyond that. 1 or 2% owner, and ambassador for a small salary? I'm OK with that. LIFETIME jobs for him and Dan, final decisions on all football related items? No way. Jimbo is an icon and the face of the franchise, but only a fool would agree to that.

YardRat
08-17-2014, 09:38 AM
9. Bon Jovi & the Toronto group want to move the Bills to Toronto...that's a fact.

Bon Jovi and the Toronto group have explored potential stadium sites in Toronto.
Bon Jovi has publicly stated he will not move the team.
It's been reported that the JBJ group has been asked to re-submit their bids, twice, allegedly over $ amount and non-relocation assurances.
Nowhere, unless I have missed it, has it been accurately reported that JBJ and the Toronto group have stated that their intention is to buy the team and move it. Not speculated, not from some mystery 'source'...accurately reported.

Those are the facts.

better days
08-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Bon Jovi and the Toronto group have explored potential stadium sites in Toronto.
It's been reported that the JBJ group has been asked to re-submit their bids, twice, allegedly over $ amount and non-relocation assurances.
Nowhere, unless I have missed it, has it been accurately reported that JBJ and the Toronto group have stated that their intention is to buy the team and move it. Not speculated, not from some mystery 'source'...accurately reported.

Those are the facts.

It was accurately reported that in papers filed with the Canadian Government, a person was described in those papers as a member of the Totonto group "attempting to buy the Buffalo Bills and move them to Toronto."

This paper was a legal document submitted to the Canadian Government, not just some press release.

Skooby
08-17-2014, 09:46 AM

Those are the facts.

I'll put this in human terms:

If a guy comes around & porks your wife, then your wife goes to his house to get porked, then he goes house hunting for himself & your wife as his new bride, you still want to invite him around your wife ?

If you want to lose your wife, then it's a great idea. Otherwise his promises that he won't pork her again & you believing it makes you a fool.

DetDannyWilliams
08-17-2014, 10:10 AM
IMO I think Kelly would be bad for the Bills...in the 90's Jim and his brother owned a sportsbar here in Buffalo and after one year it was closed, "Now if he couldn't run a sportsbar how does he think he can run an NFL team!"

coastal
08-17-2014, 10:12 AM
IMO I think Kelly would be bad for the Bills...in the 90's Jim and his brother owned a sportsbar here in Buffalo and after one year it was closed, "Now if he couldn't run a sportsbar how does he think he can run an NFL team!"
guess who their general manager was?

lulz.

justasportsfan
08-17-2014, 10:47 AM
billions >>> Millions .... nuff said

Novacane
08-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Did you get into some bad weed Yard? I usually agree with your posting but this is waaaaaaaaaaaay out there . I can't believe any Bills fan would seriously prefer JBJ over Pegula!

OLDSRIP
08-17-2014, 11:12 AM

I think you you make some good points. And are wrong on others.

I don't know how well Pegula is isolated from any fracking lawsuits.
It's a relatively new business full of lawyers on all sides.

I once heard someone say "Pegula better win a Stanley cup before he catches hell for all the mess his fracking operations made".

Future legal problems possible? I hope not, hut who knows

I think on #'s 2-3 and 4 you have some good points.Bon Jovi is a world wide brand. Like it or not.

YardRat
08-17-2014, 11:16 AM
I'll put this in human terms:

If a guy comes around & porks your wife, then your wife goes to his house to get porked, then he goes house hunting for himself & your wife as his new bride, you still want to invite him around your wife ?

If you want to lose your wife, then it's a great idea. Otherwise his promises that he won't pork her again & you believing it makes you a fool.

Well, now we know what Mitch's wife was doing the last time JBJ toured.

Novacane
08-17-2014, 11:17 AM

You are right about short term if it's only attention we crave. JBJ would be a big story nationally. WHO CARES!!! I don't want our owner to be the story! There won't be a long term if JBJ owns the Bills. That you take him at his word that he doesn't intend to move the team is astonishing.

OLDSRIP
08-17-2014, 11:20 AM
Sorry didn't finish before hitting send.

#5 Pegula made a choice to go all in with Ruff and Regier and the team they built.
was it the wrong choice, sure it was. Easy to say now. once he realized he failed he went the other direction in a big way. It will take 2-3 years to see if this works.

6 Jim Kelly should be involved at least in pr duties. Other than that, no opinion.

7 it's said this would be Mrs Pegulas team to run. She is supposed to be a huge Bills fan.

8. Pegula seems to have a definate advantage in available cash. And he does love Buffalo and puts his money where his mouth is.

personally I don't care. I just want a happy ending.

BertSquirtgum
08-17-2014, 11:31 AM
No Yardrat, just no.

Skooby
08-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Well, now we know what Mitch's wife was doing the last time JBJ toured.

Those backstage passes are so tempting.

swiper
08-17-2014, 11:53 AM
You put business ability #1 on your list, then described what a great businessman Bon Jovi is.

Yeah, that IMPLIES he is a better businessman than Pegula.

And for BUFFALO BILLS fans keeping the Bills in Buffalo is the #1 priority at this time.

There is paperwork that PROVES the Toronto group has plans to move the Bills,FACT.

Like I said, your WORST post ever.

Here's the resident dope putting words in other posters mouths once again.

Dr. Lecter
08-17-2014, 12:07 PM

yeah - that has nothing to do with running an NFL team.

WagonCircler
08-17-2014, 12:38 PM
This thread is spam.

Dr. Lecter
08-17-2014, 01:43 PM
The rules are different for you.

You're Tommy!

You're like the Fred Jackson of this forum. It would be criminal if somebody didn't like you.

That means you can rock at at every Poison/Bon Jovi/Def Lepperd/Ratt concert you want. You get a free pass from me, brother.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C8mXFRolx8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kishoph
08-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Pegula has Buisness ties to Buffalo in the Sabres and near $200 Million invested into the Harbor Center, Bon Jovi has no ties to the city. I would say that the chances are far greater that Bon Jovi would move the team before Pegula.

Dr. Lecter
08-17-2014, 02:04 PM

1. Rigas was breaking the law. That is much different from litigation and lawsuits. You don't think JBJ has business managers and agents handling much of the business side of what he does?
2. How does an owner increase ratings? People don't watch football for the owners. They watch it to see good football. If the Bills become good and produce good football people will watch whether Pegula, JBJ or you or me own the team. There might be a brief short term boost as curiosity. But if the team continues to suck it won't be on national TV regardless.
3. Right. If the team is in Toronto. Not if it is here. National people won't want a local presence because there is no local ROI.
4. I don't think Kraft and people really care. In fact, there have been reports that Kraft told JBJ to get out of the bidding. You also said that they like money. Now you are saying they want the guy with less money in their group. Which is it?
5. And yet hockey and football are also two totally different systems of building teams. I don't think comparing the two is relevant at all.
6. What the fans want is ultimately irrelevant to who wins the bidding process. Anybody that buys the team and keeps them here will make them happy. Kelly just gives people warm fuzzy feelings, which really mean nothing.
7. True. He is . He is also a Bills fan

In the months before he purchased the Sabres, people around Pegula said numerous times that the Bills were on his radar. The Sabres were his favorite hockey team going back to the French Connection, but he also loved the Bills and was a longtime season-ticket holder while living in Orchard Park.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/06/16/gleason-pegula-buying-bills-would-carry-risk/

and

Other investors either aren’t aware or grossly underestimate Pegula’s obsession with owning an NFL team, in this case the Bills. Long before he purchased the Sabres, people in his inner circle insisted that he had his eye on buying the Bills after Wilson passed. Now, he wants his hands on them.

It’s a great story, really, about a young man who worked in Pennsylvania mines, grew up and discovered a gold mine. Money may not grow on trees, but Pegula has proven it flows underground in the form of natural gas. He’s a businessman by trade, a diehard Buffalo fan at heart.
Pegula is a former season-ticket holder who lived in Orchard Park and spent many a Sunday afternoon in the parking lots along One Bills Drive. His professional success has fueled his personal passion since he became a millionaire, long before he sold his company and became a multibillionaire.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/07/30/in-chase-for-the-bills-terry-pegula-is-the-quiet-bidder-who-will-refuse-to-lose/
8. Of course he will care about the 800 million investment. That is why he raised the capital. So he can make the investment. He did not make it to throw the money away

djjimkelly
08-17-2014, 03:06 PM
i was just about to jump all over point one john bon jovi is a terrible business man compared to pegula

bon jovi needs investors

pegula needs himself

comparing them is like comparing a pop warner player to mario williams

Bill Cody
08-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Why?

JBJ's net worth is about .1% of Peg's. In boxing terms that's a heavyweight against a featherweight. And Peg has an army of high priced lawyers to make sure he is not personally at risk for any of his business dealings. This is a really laughable comparison.

To this I would also have to laugh. Who really cares whether the owner is known? Did anyone know who Bob Kraft was before he bought the Patriots? Anyone? The only time any true Bills fan gives a damn about national exposure is when we have a good team, and when we do we won't need a well known owner to get us pub, the team will do that all by itself, thank you very much.

This makes literally zero sense, unless you're touting the benefits of a move of the team to Toronto. If you think people in Toronto give a damn about Buffalo and are going to line up to sponsor the Bills you're nuts.

LOL. Know who billionaire's respect the most? OTHER BILLIONAIRE'S.

All experience, even bad, is more helpful than none. And this smells like a troll point, the Sabres situation is a lot more complicated than what you describe, I suspect you know that, either way very lame post.

This is pretty irrelevant in my opinion and I say that with no offense intended to Kelly. Whether Kelley has a bigger role or not is pretty low on the list of issues. #1 on the list is which group is most likely to move the team. It would seem extremely obvious to anyone with a brain who that person is.

This is your own speculation and it seems poorly thought out. You really have no idea, none which man would make the Bills a higher priority. But the fact is JBJ would be a figure head owner since very little of the money would be coming from him. If it's all your money in the game that would make for a lot of passion, no? Edge Peg.

Really really beyond stupid logic here. So a guy needs a more restrictive lease to not walk away from his own $1B investment? What person on earth would do that?

Other than her husband getting shot it's said Mrs. Lincoln really enjoyed the play.