Marrone and the coaching staff. Over thinkers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Marrone and the coaching staff. Over thinkers?

I'm beginning to feel that way. It seems like they are trying too hard calling safe plays, not going out to get a solid backup QB and are putting their faith in EJ, who's ok but not be ready to be a great QB. If they got a decent QB in here and develop EJ for the future, they're automatically 2 or more games better and that may get them a wildcard. I also believe that the secondary is going to be exploited and it looks like Gilmore is going to be the victim throughout the season. Sometimes the answer is right in front of their faces (the coaches) and yet, they're not getting it. I know it's preseason, but I'm having concerns about the staff. BTW, Tuel and Thad aren't the answers at QB backup or starting.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Marrone and the coaching staff. Over thinkers?

Originally posted by blackonyx89 View Post
    I'm beginning to feel that way. It seems like they are trying too hard calling safe plays, not going out to get a solid backup QB and are putting their faith in EJ, who's ok but not be ready to be a great QB. If they got a decent QB in here and develop EJ for the future, they're automatically 2 or more games better and that may get them a wildcard. I also believe that the secondary is going to be exploited and it looks like Gilmore is going to be the victim throughout the season. Sometimes the answer is right in front of their faces (the coaches) and yet, they're not getting it. I know it's preseason, but I'm having concerns about the staff. BTW, Tuel and Thad aren't the answers at QB backup or starting.
    What's ironic is the almost all of the positions have been deepened (3 O-linemen?) yet they put all their eggs in EJ's basket. If you simply simply use his health from last season as a gauge, it's a very risky play. Tuel / Lewis make EJ look like Manning (Fall down Jeff & the game goes to OT), so there's no real motivating factor or fear of losing his job there. I like when the players have competition, it's a fear of loss that makes the cream rise to the top. Right now, we have 2 rocks on the bottom of the barrel & one floater. It makes us look real sloppy, especially after watching many of the back-ups come in this weekend.
    Last edited by Skooby; 08-18-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

It is preseason. My God

If they are unimagitive and boring in the regular season then we will talk.

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

I see you are a Lions fan. You want Thad Lewis back?

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

It's preseason and the staff is keeping the awesome, revolutionary, redzone offense under tight wraps... this keeps it from being planned for and even videotaped (cough) Pats (cough). The Redzone offense is being practiced theoretically only. Boom championship!!!!!

Comment

• blackonyx89
            HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
            I see you are a Lions fan. You want Thad Lewis back?
            Not a Lions fan, that was an old joke back in the day Ha! and no, I don't want Thad as QB. Go out and get a better QB and if EJ doesn't pan out, the Bills need to spend some cash to upgrade the QB position. That may happen when the new owner gets the team.
            Last edited by blackonyx89; 08-18-2014, 10:50 AM.
            Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by blackonyx89 View Post
              Not a Lions fan, that was an old joke back in the day Ha! and no, I don't want Thad as QB. Go out and get a better QB and if EJ doesn't pan out, the Bills need to spend some cash to upgrade the QB position. That may happen when the new owner gets the team.
              Back several years ago Ralph Wilson agreed and did just that... getting Drew Bledsoe. Who the Bills managed to supplant with JP Losman. Yep. same old Bills.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sukie View Post
              It's preseason and the staff is keeping the awesome, revolutionary, redzone offense under tight wraps... this keeps it from being planned for and even videotaped (cough) Pats (cough). The Redzone offense is being practiced theoretically only. Boom championship!!!!!
              ROFL.

Comment

Working...
              X