PDA

View Full Version : Keep hope alive.

HAMMER
08-18-2014, 05:34 PM
Rant on; I am trying to remain positive but it is getting very hard.

We STILL have an unsettled O-Line situation, we have a "starting" QB that looks like a backup, we have a backup QB that looked pretty solid last year but appears to have had a seizure during the offseason and forgot how to play QB. We lost Byrd and now have a defense that can't defend the pass. As in years past we move the ball well between the 20's and then settle for FG's.

We have a 90 year old punter, a 90 year old RB, no cheerleaders, no owner, no plan for a future stadium. Anything I am missing?

This team looks like schnit once again, same old BS.

Rant off.
:monkeyp:

imbondz
08-18-2014, 05:50 PM
we're a franchise that can only be good at one unit at a time. for a long stretch in the mid 2000's we were only good at special teams. then we were only good at offense for a couple of quick years, and every few years we're only good at defense, which I think will be this year.

The Jokeman
08-18-2014, 06:34 PM
we're a franchise that can only be good at one unit at a time. for a long stretch in the mid 2000's we were only good at special teams. then we were only good at offense for a couple of quick years, and every few years we're only good at defense, which I think will be this year.

I think our D will be top 10 good, I have a feeling our ST will be average and if the offense can be average (see improve red zone efficiency to be middle of the pack versus toward the bottom) then we have a very good chance at being 8-8 if not better.

Luisito23
08-18-2014, 06:45 PM
:negrep:

HAMMER
08-18-2014, 06:56 PM
I think our D will be top 10 good, I have a feeling our ST will be average and if the offense can be average (see improve red zone efficiency to be middle of the pack versus toward the bottom) then we have a very good chance at being 8-8 if not better.

8-8, ooooooh, such lofty goals. Sad.

The Jokeman
08-18-2014, 07:01 PM
8-8, ooooooh, such lofty goals. Sad.

It might be good enough to make the playoffs.

HAMMER
08-18-2014, 07:21 PM

Not even close.

The Jokeman
08-19-2014, 05:57 AM
Not even close.

You're right 9-7 would have gotten us in the playoffs last year. I mean all it would have taken was a win over the Browns, Bengals, Chiefs and/or Falcons last year. Four winnable games IMHO.

Fletch
08-19-2014, 07:22 AM

I think

I have a feeling

if

then

Bravo! Just Bravo!

Are those feelings based on anything concrete or relevant, or is just one of those August in Buffalo type of feelings?

Anything else you want to add?

justasportsfan
08-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Looks like OP got Hammers password.

The Jokeman
08-19-2014, 07:59 AM
Bravo! Just Bravo!

Are those feelings based on anything concrete or relevant, or is just one of those August in Buffalo type of feelings?

Anything else you want to add?

I would but I don't want to get banned from this site.

SpikedLemonade
08-19-2014, 09:54 AM

This team will do very well to get to 8-8.

OpIv37
08-19-2014, 10:20 AM

It goes like this:

As a Bills fan, of course I hope the Bills win the Super Bowl every year. Of course, that's not realistic, especially given the cluster**** of the last few decades. So, more realistically, I just want the team to make every game count- to go into Week 17 with a shot at the playoffs. The worst thing about the last 14 years is the appalling number of meaningless games because we get eliminated with 4-6 games left most seasons.

Now, do I actually think the team can meet even that horribly reduced standard this season? I'm not so sure. I think the rest of the team is good enough to be competitive barring no significant injuries, but we both know there will be injuries. And I think QB play is going to hold them back.

The Jokeman
08-19-2014, 04:18 PM
It goes like this:

As a Bills fan, of course I hope the Bills win the Super Bowl every year. Of course, that's not realistic, especially given the cluster**** of the last few decades. So, more realistically, I just want the team to make every game count- to go into Week 17 with a shot at the playoffs. The worst thing about the last 14 years is the appalling number of meaningless games because we get eliminated with 4-6 games left most seasons.

Now, do I actually think the team can meet even that horribly reduced standard this season? I'm not so sure. I think the rest of the team is good enough to be competitive barring no significant injuries, but we both know there will be injuries. And I think QB play is going to hold them back.

I like to think I'm a realist too. As ironically if you look back on 3 of those 4 games I cited as winnable games 3 were lost in part because our starting QB wasn't on the field for part or the whole game in question. Toss in it can be debated we lost the Atlanta game because of factors not related to EJ. Of course the debate is always what if as it's mere speculation that we'd win if EJ doesn't get hurt in Cleveland and also speculation that EJ wouldn't throw the INT for a TD that Tuel threw against KC and/or maybe not get stopped at the goal line like Lewis was in the early going against the Bengals last year. I'll agree EJ might hold them back from being an elite (see win 10 or more games) but don't think it's unrealistic that we could win between 8-9 games this season if he can stay healthy and the rest of the team lives up to expectations.