PDA

View Full Version : New Bills store opens...renovations ONLY 90% DONE.

DetDannyWilliams
08-19-2014, 04:00 PM
We're also looking tonight at the new and improved Ralph Wilson stadium that will welcome fans for the first time Saturday. The team says the renovations are 90 percent done. Inside the stadium, new concessions, seats renovations and the creation of the "monumental staircase" are all finished. Some work still needs to be done.
The back of the new scoreboard on the Abbott Road side of the stadium won't be lit up until the season home opener on September 14th.
"Some of the graphic treatments that will appear on the concourse and over at the concession stands some of that work won't be done until after we finish the preseason but for the most part when fans come here on Saturday they're going to see a brand new Ralph Wilson stadium," said Marc Honan, Chief Marketing Officer of the Buffalo Bills.
Today the new bills store opened at it's new location on the Abbott Road side of the stadium. The Bills' nicknamed the store "the front door to the stadium."
The old Bills store, which was at the Bills field house, was two thousand square feet whereas the new store is four times larger at eight thousand square feet
http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/local/2014/08/18/bills-bidders-and-a-new-stadium-for-fans/14263115/

THE :question: HERE IS WHY AREN'T THE RENOVATIONS DONE :question: THERE IS NO EXCUSE WHY THE RENOVATIONS AREN'T COMPLETE! THEY STARTED RIGHT AFTER THE SEASON ENDED AND THEY HAD ALL DAMN SUMMER TO FINISH THE RENOVATIONS! THE BILLS EVEN TOLD FANS NOT TO COME OUT TO RWS WHEN RALPH WILSON HAD PASSED BECAUSE OF THE RENOVATING OF THE STADIUM. ONCE AGAIN THE BILLS FUMBLE THE BALL THIS TIME IT'S OFF THE FIELD! :rant:

ServoBillieves
08-19-2014, 04:02 PM
90% done... not 90% not done...

Skooby
08-19-2014, 04:03 PM
WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT !!!!!! Oh wait, reverse that.

better days
08-19-2014, 04:10 PM
We're also looking tonight at the new and improved Ralph Wilson stadium that will welcome fans for the first time Saturday. The team says the renovations are 90 percent done. Inside the stadium, new concessions, seats renovations and the creation of the "monumental staircase" are all finished. Some work still needs to be done.
The back of the new scoreboard on the Abbott Road side of the stadium won't be lit up until the season home opener on September 14th.
"Some of the graphic treatments that will appear on the concourse and over at the concession stands some of that work won't be done until after we finish the preseason but for the most part when fans come here on Saturday they're going to see a brand new Ralph Wilson stadium," said Marc Honan, Chief Marketing Officer of the Buffalo Bills.
Today the new bills store opened at it's new location on the Abbott Road side of the stadium. The Bills' nicknamed the store "the front door to the stadium."
The old Bills store, which was at the Bills field house, was two thousand square feet whereas the new store is four times larger at eight thousand square feet
http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/local/2014/08/18/bills-bidders-and-a-new-stadium-for-fans/14263115/

THE :question: HERE IS WHY AREN'T THE RENOVATIONS DONE :question: THERE IS NO EXCUSE WHY THE RENOVATIONS AREN'T COMPLETE! THEY STARTED RIGHT AFTER THE SEASON ENDED AND THEY HAD ALL DAMN SUMMER TO FINISH THE RENOVATIONS! THE BILLS EVEN TOLD FANS NOT TO COME OUT TO RWS WHEN RALPH WILSON HAD PASSED BECAUSE OF THE RENOVATING OF THE STADIUM. ONCE AGAIN THE BILLS FUMBLE THE BALL THIS TIME IT'S OFF THE FIELD! :rant:

I guess you didn't hear, the entire North East of the United States had severely BAD weather this winter.

DetDannyWilliams
08-19-2014, 04:23 PM
I guess you didn't hear, the entire North East of the United States had severely BAD weather this winter.

NO EXCUSE!...workers at the Harbor Center worked right through the winter to get the Harbor Center open! they were up on the steel beams 100 stories high and even when the City of Buffalo got socked by winter storms they were STILL up there working.

Homegrown
08-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Work Union - Live Better

SquishDaFish
08-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Who gives a flying ****. As long as they are done for the season opener I dont give a ****

bleve
08-19-2014, 06:26 PM
somebody's cheap

Historian
08-19-2014, 06:31 PM
You should have been there for the inaugural game in 1973.

It wasn't pretty.

Turf
08-19-2014, 07:12 PM
What's with the huge pictures we have to look at over and over of Alex Baldwin and everyone else. What purpose does this serve?

bleve
08-19-2014, 07:31 PM
What's with the huge pictures we have to look at over and over of Alex Baldwin and everyone else. What purpose does this serve?

User CP-->General Settings-->Thread Display Options-->

Uncheck "Show Signatures"

Skooby
08-19-2014, 07:41 PM

Always Be Closing = ABC, see you learned something from the picture.

better days
08-19-2014, 11:26 PM
NO EXCUSE!...workers at the Harbor Center worked right through the winter to get the Harbor Center open! they were up on the steel beams 100 stories high and even when the City of Buffalo got socked by winter storms they were STILL up there working.

They worked on the Ralph right through winter as well. It will be open for the first preseason home game.

THATHURMANATOR
08-20-2014, 12:16 AM

Calm the **** down...
Who cares?

Night Train
08-20-2014, 04:18 AM

You obviously are young and have never dealt with some unions.

Historian
08-20-2014, 06:21 AM
I drove past there last week.

It looked like all that was missing was the landscaping.

OLDSRIP
08-20-2014, 11:18 AM
Who gives a flying ****. As long as they are done for the season opener I dont give a ****

No kidding.

I thought this this was a joke when I opened it.

people ***** and worry about the weirdest things.

justasportsfan
08-20-2014, 11:40 AM
As far as bills fans go, all that matters is that the beer concession stands are done.

better days
08-20-2014, 11:51 AM
As far as bills fans go, all that matters is that the beer concession stands are done.

And the food concessions as well, people get hungry by half time.

stuckincincy
08-20-2014, 11:55 AM
And the food concessions as well, people get hungry by half time.

I still say, if a club is worried about sell-outs, announce a half-price-for-the-first half deal.

better days
08-20-2014, 12:20 PM
I still say, if a club is worried about sell-outs, announce a half-price-for-the-first half deal.

I don't think sell outs are a big concern at this point.

With over 47,000 season tickets sold I expect all but the last game or two to be close to sold out already.

stuckincincy
08-20-2014, 12:49 PM

With over 47,000 season tickets sold I expect all but the last game or two to be close to sold out already.

Sell-outs are important. There are pacts between local stations, their local revenue (they rightly pump up their rates for NFL showing) and the NFL and the networks. Not haivng a sell-out means no local tv exposure in that local market.

What would happen to the Bucs, if the locals decided not to show any games? They wont, but if they did and stuck to it, the non-coverage would in time make the NFL Bucs fade from memory

BillyT92679
08-20-2014, 01:06 PM

The Packers game is about sold out. The Chiefs, Jets, and Browns games have a way to go.

better days
08-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Sell-outs are important. There are pacts between local stations, their local revenue (they rightly pump up their rates for NFL showing) and the NFL and the networks. Not haivng a sell-out means no local tv exposure in that local market.

What would happen to the Bucs, if the locals decided not to show any games? They wont, but if they did and stuck to it, the non-coverage would in time make the NFL Bucs fade from memory

A few years ago, I don't think a single home game was televised in Tampa.

Lucky for me, I can get the Ft Myers channels OTA.