PDA

View Full Version : BFT Deliver 13,000 letters against JBJ

Skooby
08-19-2014, 05:38 PM
http://imgick.syracuse.com/home/syr-media/width620/img/buffalo-bills/photo/2014/08/19/15653557-mmmain.jpeg

Pittsford, N.Y. — It hasn't been a good week for Jon Bon Jovi.

After Jim Kelly decided not to partner with Bon Jovi and his group out of fear that they would move the team to Buffalo, a group of Bills fans delivered 13,000 letters to training camp on Friday, one for every person who signed a petition against Bon Jovi being the next owner of the franchise.

"Every single one those letters says the same thing: We will not support the Bills if Bon Jovi buys the team because we know he's going to move it to Toronto," Bills Fan Thunder founder Charles Pellien said.

The group of fans known as Bills Fan Thunder wanted to get the final message across to those in charge of the team. Due to rules against solicitation at training camp, they had to drop off the letters at the gate.

They're still confident the message was delivered and Bon Jovi won't be the next owner of the Bills.

"You can kind of see the end for him," Paul Roorda, one of the founders of Bills Fan Thunder, said. "It's not official, but it's not looking good in any shape or form.

Historian
08-19-2014, 06:31 PM
What's next....a road sign?

Homegrown
08-19-2014, 06:42 PM

Nope, a billboard... La-dee-da

swiper
08-19-2014, 07:02 PM
More crap posts from Skooby. Do you really believe what you posted? NOBODY WRITES letters anymore. Not for that. Not for anything. You've not heard of e-mail? Don't believe this story for a minute.

ServoBillieves
08-19-2014, 07:17 PM
"Out of fear that they would move the team to Buffalo." Wss I the only one to see that?

Skooby
08-19-2014, 07:43 PM
"Out of fear that they would move the team to Buffalo." Wss I the only one to see that?

Maybe they don't want the team to go Downtown?

Skooby
08-19-2014, 07:44 PM
NOBODY WRITES letters anymore. Not for that. Not for anything. You've not heard of e-mail? Don't believe this story for a minute.

Writing is for the literate, so I can see why this is so perplexing for you.

swiper
08-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Writing is for the literate, so I can see why this is so perplexing for you.

Any time you want to compare college degrees just let me know. I have a couple of extra letters after my name from mine.

Skooby
08-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Any time you want to compare college degrees just let me know. I have a couple of extra letters after my name from mine.

Let me guess......PUD ?

swiper
08-19-2014, 08:28 PM
Let me guess......PUD ?

No. I didn't go to the school you did. So they wouldn't be the same letters as you have.

Skooby
08-19-2014, 08:37 PM
No. I didn't go to the school you did. So they wouldn't be the same letters as you have.

No this is your diagnosis, PUD - Post-Urinary Drip. There's only one gift to give to a guy like you who has everything, penicillin.

stuckincincy
08-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Heh - when I read the thread title, I immediately though Buffalo Teachers Federation. That union wouldn't lift a finger - unless it was covered by their free cosmetic surgery for life clause... :redlove:

Yasgur's Farm
08-20-2014, 01:50 PM
More crap posts from Skooby. Do you really believe what you posted? NOBODY WRITES letters anymore. Not for that. Not for anything. You've not heard of e-mail? Don't believe this story for a minute.
a group of Bills fans delivered 13,000 letters to training camp on Friday, one for every person who signed a petition against Bon Jovi being the next owner of the franchise.

"Every single one those letters says the same thing: We will not support the Bills if Bon Jovi buys the team because we know he's going to move it to Toronto," Bills Fan Thunder founder Charles Pellien said.

better days
08-20-2014, 02:14 PM

WOW what a CRAP post from Swiper.

You do realize Mitch just posted what reputable newspapers reported right?

Skooby
08-20-2014, 02:30 PM

He has initials after his name, so lets show some respect to the very well educated.

J/K. The only initials Swiper has is CCBW.

stuckincincy
08-20-2014, 02:34 PM
He has initials after his name, so lets show some respect to the very well educated.

J/K. The only initials are CCBW.

Pud was the main character in Fleer brand 1 cent bubble gum for years...

http://www.bubblegum-comics.com/FleerFunnies.html

swiper
08-20-2014, 02:40 PM

What? That Yasgur points out that one angry fan photo copied 13,000 form letters and put the names of each person on a petition on each? LOL. There are a few idiots here.

Famous Amos
08-20-2014, 03:05 PM
I stand by the billboard.

Skooby
08-20-2014, 09:21 PM
I stand by the billboard.

As you should, LOL. J/K.

better days
08-20-2014, 11:15 PM
What? That Yasgur points out that one angry fan photo copied 13,000 form letters and put the names of each person on a petition on each? LOL. There are a few idiots here.

Why, you do not believe at least 13,000 Bills fans would want nothing to do with the team if Bon Jovi bought it?

Fletch
08-21-2014, 06:57 AM

Richie Sambora teaming up with Kelly and a richie to buy the team.

:chuckle:

Fletch
08-21-2014, 07:00 AM

That's a bit harsh for today's day and age.

Let's call them reaction-time-challenged.

And when we're talking about time we're measuring in months or years.

Fletch
08-21-2014, 07:05 AM

Sounds to me like someone had a whole lot of blank letters typed up and either had people, probably going to training camp, sign either a petition or a letter or both, and then mailed one letter for every signature. Not that there would be any duplicates in there or anything.

I find it impossible to imagine that 13,000 people actually wrote hardcopy letters in this day and age.

Funny thread though.

better days
08-21-2014, 07:53 AM
Sounds to me like someone had a whole lot of blank letters typed up and either had people, probably going to training camp, sign either a petition or a letter or both, and then mailed one letter for every signature. Not that there would be any duplicates in there or anything.

I find it impossible to imagine that 13,000 people actually wrote hardcopy letters in this day and age.

Funny thread though.

It may have been a form letter.

So what?

Yasgur's Farm
08-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Guess I gotta repeat the post with the quote from the article...
a group of Bills fans delivered 13,000 letters to training camp on Friday, one for every person who signed a petition against Bon Jovi being the next owner of the franchise.