• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Forbes- All potential Bills buyers under $900 Million

The circus that has been masquerading as the sale of the Buffalo Bills has received three non-binding bids to date, each below $900 million, according to two sources familiar with the sale of the National Football League team. Both of these sources are not directly involved in the sale as [...]

Terry Pegula: $890 million.

Toronto Group (Larry Tanenbaum, Bon Jovi, Ed Rogers): $820 million.
    Donald Trump: $809 million
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Forbes- All potential Bills buyers under $900 Million

There is no economic reason why the Bills must be sold during the few months.
    This is actually not true. As I understand it, the estate taxes need to be paid withing 9 months of Ralph's passing.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

As if a less restrictive non disclosure agreement would have a huge impact on the sale of the team.

LMAO at that writer.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Odd that the writer used his own valuation of the team at $935 mm and not the $850 estimate that Forbes released just a few months ago...

I guess "most likely owner bids $40 mill more than the value" isn't as interesting as "OMG no one wants the Buffalo bills because they didn't bid as much as the number I made up"
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
          This is actually not true. As I understand it, the estate taxes need to be paid withing 9 months of Ralph's passing.
          Mary is alive, so why wouldn't she get all of the money without tax liabilities ?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            Odd that the writer used his own valuation of the team at $935 mm and not the $850 estimate that Forbes released just a few months ago...

I guess "most likely owner bids $40 mill more than the value" isn't as interesting as "OMG no one wants the Buffalo bills because they didn't bid as much as the number I made up"
            I thought about that too.

And that is one reason I question Forbes on some of the reporting. This is not to say other reports are accurate. But their stories have been shoddy and full of holes.

And earlier they had Trump at 850. Now it is 809? Why are these soures better?

It just seems like the re-estimate the value of the team and then publish these values that are all lower than their new estimate.

And the two sources are not directly involved in the sale of the team?
            Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 08-21-2014, 09:30 AM.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

I thought about that too.

And that is one reason I question Forbes on some of the reporting. This is not to say other reports are accurate. But their stories have been shoddy and full of holes.

And didn't they earlier report that Trump bid 850?

It just seems like the re-estimate the value of the team and then publish these values that are all lower than their new estimate.

And the two sources are not directly involved in the sale of the team?
              I haven't seen this many conflicting stories in a long time.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

.....The best thing NFL commissioner Roger Goodell could do right now is convince the Wilson trust to fire Morgan Stanley and start over. There is no economic reason why the Bills must be sold during the few months. Let the Wilson trust hire a banker that will not require potential bidders to sign an ultra-restrictive non disclosure agreements, so that people interested in buying the team could speak with each other and the NFL.

But the Wilson trust and NFL need to move quickly if they want to restore interest in the team. Rumors have surfaced that Tim Leweike is leaving Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. The CEO of MLS&E has denied he is departing the company any time soon.

But if Leweike is indeed thinking of moving on, then I take it as a sign that Tanenbaum, the chairman and minority owner of MLS&E who hired Leweike in part to help him buy an NFL team, is losing interest in the Bills. That would all but guarantee the team is sold for less than $900 million unless Rogers were to up the ante without Tanenbaum.

Well this part actually did happen...

LEIWEKE DEPARTING FROM MAPLE LEAF SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT

Last edited by Guest; 08-21-2014, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

Seems like Pegula's alleged non-binding bid of $1.3B was merely fantasy.

He is no idiot.
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-21-2014, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                    Mary is alive, so why wouldn't she get all of the money without tax liabilities ?
                    Because the majority of his estate is probably going to his 2 daughters.

Comment

• BB4ever
                      • Apr 2014

First sentence man. She would be paying a 40% tax on 900 mil then paying taxes again when she sold it.
                      Get information on how the estate tax may apply to your taxable estate at your death.

Comment

• Blondie
                        Smarter than most men here :-)
                        • Aug 2012

I'd like to see Bon Jovi buy the Bills ... he is hot which would make the bills hot! ♡♡♡♡
                        I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Mary is not the only person getting the money from Ralph's estate.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Donald Trump: $809 million
                            I guess the Donald rounded up when he said he bid a billion.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Actually Ralph can pass his entire estate to Mary free of tax, Mary would be subject to estate taxes when she dies. It's called the unlimited marital deduction.

Comment

Working...
                              X