PDA

View Full Version : Henry intent on rushing out of Lewis' shadow

lordofgun
09-13-2002, 08:50 AM
To establish his place in the future, Travis Henry is busy chasing his past. Five years later, the Buffalo Bills running back's motivation remains getting out from Jamal Lewis' shadow.

"I guess it's a running back thing, this competing," Henry said. "Really, I'm always going to be trying to compete against him. That's something that we will always have."

It began in 1997 when, as a highly touted recruit, Henry arrived at Tennessee only to find his hopes to be the starter placed on hold by Lewis.

And it remains that way today, with Henry entering his second year in Buffalo, and Lewis into his third season with Baltimore.

http://www.syracuse.com/sportsflash/bills/index.ssf?/cgi-free/getstory_ssf.cgi?n0651_BC_FBN--Bills-Henry&&sports&bills

Pride
09-13-2002, 10:22 AM
Most hall of fame players can attribute their motivation to some unobtainable goal that they hope to fulfill.

Not that TH's goal is unobtainable, but it is something that is not tangable. It isn't 12,000 yards, or 3 super bowls, it is being "better" than someone else.

That is a great motivation!

On the other hand, Moss's motiv... is he wants 2000 yards receiving.

Theres a Big Difference!

northernbillfan
09-13-2002, 12:00 PM
Henry is and will be the better back between the two of them.

casdhf
09-13-2002, 12:02 PM
he wasn't until Lewis got hurt. Hopefully, it will stay that way

MissBuffalo
09-13-2002, 04:21 PM
How ironic!!!! I have Henry and Lewis as my fantasy backs (along with LD) and dumb 'ole me played Lewis and sat Henry last week. DOH!!!!!! I've kicked myself about 10 times already.

venis2k1
09-13-2002, 04:35 PM
Dont feel bad, i sat henry to put in A. Smith.

Bert102176
09-13-2002, 11:56 PM
heck a friend of mine cut Henry and I picked him up, and wanted to start him but that thursday night game made it so I couldn't have him in cause of the way Sandbox.com is.

Butch
09-14-2002, 10:11 AM
Henry is on his way to being the better back with the help of Lewis' injury. But Henry should just keep on doing what he is doing, whether or not he gets out of the shadow of Lewis.