PDA

View Full Version : Money spent on obsolete stadium was mostly for income gains, not fan enjoyment

Skooby
08-24-2014, 04:58 AM
The new scoreboard is strictly for running ads all game long, it's the exact same TV size for viewing as before. :check:

New store in an obsolete stadium when you can buy the same merchandise online? Wonderful new income opportunity for the team. :check:

Smell of fresh paint in the somewhat wider hallways ?? Well, there's something for the fans. :check:

coastal
08-24-2014, 06:02 AM
As long as they don't get rid of the half-moon, community-sized, urinals... Errr... I mean hand basins, I could care less.

Fletch
08-24-2014, 07:14 AM
As long as they don't get rid of the half-moon, community-sized, urinals... Errr... I mean hand basins, I could care less.

LOL

I wonder if anyone even washes their hands in those things.

Novacane
08-24-2014, 07:34 AM
I liked the changes though my first thought was you don't get a lot for $130 million these days.

fasteddie
08-24-2014, 07:43 AM
But they do play loud music between plays so that the PA announcer is drowned out. Maybe the less you know, the better? Oy vey!

Skooby
08-24-2014, 07:43 AM
But they do play loud music between plays so that the PA announcer is drowned out. Maybe the less you know, the better? Oy vey!

Was the bell louder ?

Tiburon1724
08-24-2014, 09:27 AM
everything is for income/profit...duh..

Skooby
08-24-2014, 09:41 AM
everything is for income/profit...duh..

Like new Bathrooms, more open / wider hallways & better seating comfort ?

Typ0
08-24-2014, 11:24 AM

are they still there? I have seen women peeing in them it was hilarious!

Historian
08-24-2014, 02:34 PM
Yea, I gotta admit, I wasn't terribly impressed.

And one thing I thought was funny, was that the sportsbar is at my section, at the bottom of the old administration building.

30 or 40 beer taps....right across from the no alcohol seats.

And they don't even serve pop.

Sorry, I thought that was comical.

ParanoidAndroid
08-24-2014, 03:42 PM
If they have the same turf in front of the store as on the field, I hope they are well covered for slip-and-fall injuries.

Tiburon1724
08-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Like new Bathrooms, more open / wider hallways & better seating comfort ?

of course. When there's a literal sea of feces floating through the tunnels it makes some people not want to come back.

Skooby
08-24-2014, 05:42 PM
of course. When there's a literal sea of feces floating through the tunnels it makes some people not want to come back.

Yeah, go figure.

SpikedLemonade
08-24-2014, 05:47 PM

Combined with the feces on the field.

stuckincincy
08-24-2014, 05:51 PM
A wise man would park in the lots and sell Depends out of his trunk.

Historian
08-25-2014, 05:45 AM
Skoobs first post also mentions the scoreboard.

Yea, it's nice, but they're running commercials on it through the whole game.

On the far left panel, they kept running a commercial of some broad squeegieing windows...it was ****ing annoying.

the next panel had the score and the clock.

The center panel had the game.

Right of the game were stats I believe, and far right was a constant M and T bank ad.

The game part was actually smaller than the old scoreboard due to all the crap on the sides.

And we payed for this.

I give.

Turf
08-25-2014, 06:03 AM
We need a new owner desperately. Hopefully whoever comes in cleans house.

Fletch
08-25-2014, 06:36 AM

The stadium experience is increasingly become, or maybe has become, for people with ADD. Or at least that's the way that they treat everyone.

What ever happened to just the PAs and cheerleaders and talking to your friends next to you between plays or just checking your phone for stuff. It's like someone assumed that fans can't possibly be without some kind of stimulus every minute of the time that they're in the stadium grounds. Ribbon scoreboards constantly flashing something or even worse, ads.

- - - Updated - - -

are they still there? I have seen women peeing in them it was hilarious!

In the men's room?

Or were you in the women's room?

Fletch
08-25-2014, 06:38 AM
Yea, I gotta admit, I wasn't terribly impressed.

And one thing I thought was funny, was that the sportsbar is at my section, at the bottom of the old administration building.

30 or 40 beer taps....right across from the no alcohol seats.

And they don't even serve pop.

Sorry, I thought that was comical.

That's because they know that increasingly the only way to make it through the game-day experience there is drunk.

Typ0
08-25-2014, 03:47 PM
The stadium experience is increasingly become, or maybe has become, for people with ADD. Or at least that's the way that they treat everyone.

What ever happened to just the PAs and cheerleaders and talking to your friends next to you between plays or just checking your phone for stuff. It's like someone assumed that fans can't possibly be without some kind of stimulus every minute of the time that they're in the stadium grounds. Ribbon scoreboards constantly flashing something or even worse, ads.

- - - Updated - - -

In the men's room?

Or were you in the women's room?

mens room ...