PDA

View Full Version : Thank goodness we drafted Sammy Watkins

Skooby
08-24-2014, 07:37 AM
After watching the Tampa first half again, I can see how spending 2 first round picks on a WR increases our chances of winning games. The planning of this must of been immense & the additional depth of Cyrus in the second round to help protect the QB, well it just reeks of brilliance.

Please forgive my enthusiasm for these events, bravo to Doug Whaley & crew for a delightful Saturday afternoon.

Goobylal
08-24-2014, 07:55 AM
They got Henderson in the 7th, which essentially negates Cyrus. They already had Glenn, who had a mystery illness and missed a lot of time, and Wood. They signed Chris Williams, who has been injured. They drafted Richardson. And they moved Pears to RG. Not sure how staying at 9 would have changed much, especially if they took that chump Eric Ebron like many wanted.

Now where they made mistakes were not having Richardson compete at LG, where he played his last 2 years of college, and not moving Kujo inside to RG sooner. But the illness to Glenn and Urbik's decline changed a lot, as did Chris Williams' injury.

k-oneputt
08-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Chris Williams is always injured, get used to it. He is not that good anyways.

Watkins can play but with the garbage at qb he will be an underachiever here due to EJ.

Whaley and Marrone where stupid for tying their careers in Buffalo to "EJ the stiff". Who the hell was scouting EJ at FSU ???????
I forgot he has big hands. WTF !

Goobylal
08-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Chris Williams is always injured, get used to it. He is not that good anyways.
Yep, that's why I said it was a mistake to not put Richardson at LG from the beginning.

Watkins can play but with the garbage at qb he will be an underachiever here due to EJ.

Whaley and Marrone where stupid for tying their careers in Buffalo to "EJ the stiff". Who the hell was scouting EJ at FSU ???????
I forgot he has big hands. WTF !
Watkins has been sidelined for almost 2 full games because of a rib injury. He's not good on the sidelines. And I don't know if watched the game yesterday, but EJ wasn't even close to the biggest problem.

k-oneputt
08-24-2014, 10:37 AM
I was at the game and EJ was by far the biggest problem.

Typ0
08-24-2014, 11:21 AM
They needed a guy who could catch any ball thrown within 1.5 X arm reach radius of his vicinity. Manual really needs this guy to be successful it's quite obvious.

Goobylal
08-24-2014, 11:53 AM
Was EJ responsible for Chandler falling down? CJ fumbling? The OL comitting 20 yards in penalties on one drive? Moorman's lousy punts? The lack of a running game? The vanilla play-calling? The inexperience on the OL? If so, then I agree with you.

cookie G
08-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Was EJ responsible for Chandler falling down? CJ fumbling? The OL comitting 20 yards in penalties on one drive? Moorman's lousy punts? The lack of a running game? The vanilla play-calling? The inexperience on the OL? If so, then I agree with you.

Feel free to keep making excuses for him. People did this throughout the Trent Edwards era, if you'll remember.

The guy's got a real Captain Checkdown mentality going on right now..and if he doesn't get out of it..and out of it quickly, he goes nowhere, the offense goes nowhere and the team goes nowhere.

BertSquirtgum
08-24-2014, 12:23 PM

Wrong. It was his ****ty coach and his ****ty play calling.

paladin warrior
08-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Wrong. It was his ****ty coach and his ****ty play calling. :up:

Goobylal
08-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Feel free to keep making excuses for him. People did this throughout the Trent Edwards era, if you'll remember.

The guy's got a real Captain Checkdown mentality going on right now..and if he doesn't get out of it..and out of it quickly, he goes nowhere, the offense goes nowhere and the team goes nowhere.
What I said about the offense is hardly making excuses. It's what actually happened. I'll blame him for the sack and fumble and a misfire here or there, but that's about it. I won't blame him for mistakes others made.

k-oneputt
08-24-2014, 06:31 PM
NFL qb's don't miss wide open wr's.
NFL qb's don't have the "deer in headlights" look when their first option isn't there.

He is an NFL backup,,,,at best.

nice pick boys

Goobylal
08-24-2014, 06:52 PM
NFL qb's don't miss wide open wr's.
NFL qb's don't have the "deer in headlights" look when their first option isn't there.

He is an NFL backup,,,,at best.

nice pick boys
If you say so.

Crisis
08-24-2014, 06:53 PM
If EJ was starting for a divisional rival we'd all be laughing at how terrible he is right now.

SpikedLemonade
08-24-2014, 06:54 PM
If EJ was starting for a divisional rival we'd all be laughing at how terrible he is right now.

We did last year when Geno Smith was playing this way.

Geno has improved.

EJ hasn't.

Goobylal
08-24-2014, 07:22 PM
And that's the problem with basing things off of pre-season.

SpikedLemonade
08-24-2014, 07:30 PM
And that's the problem with basing things off of pre-season.

I hope you are right.

The alternative is another miserable season.

However, it has been much more than just a pre-season with EJ.

I hope he turns this around very quickly.

A road loss to Chicago is understandable, but if we lose to the Dolphins and Chargers at home due to the same kind of offensive production we have seen this off-season, I am firmly off the EJ bandwagon.

jamze132
08-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Who QB drafted!

(wrong kid died!)

jills
08-24-2014, 09:27 PM
Watkins needs to be better than Megatron to be worth 2 first rounders...

Thank you Whaley.

Goobylal
08-24-2014, 10:30 PM
I hope you are right.

The alternative is another miserable season.

However, it has been much more than just a pre-season with EJ.

I hope he turns this around very quickly.

A road loss to Chicago is understandable, but if we lose to the Dolphins and Chargers at home due to the same kind of offensive production we have seen this off-season, I am firmly off the EJ bandwagon.
If the supporting cast plays as poorly as it did against the Bucs, we'll be looking at losses to those teams.

Crisis
08-24-2014, 11:16 PM
We did last year when Geno Smith was playing this way.

Geno has improved.

EJ hasn't.

Geno is awful. I wouldn't want either of them.