PDA

View Full Version : Ram's Bradford out for season - that should spice up the vet QB market

stuckincincy
08-24-2014, 02:54 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24678022/report-rams-qb-sam-bradford-out-for-season-with-torn-acl

Crisis
08-24-2014, 02:57 PM
I always liked Bradford. Wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in if STL ends up cutting him next offseason. Can't be any worse than EJ and since we don't have first next year anyways.

Night Train
08-24-2014, 03:15 PM
I always liked Bradford. Wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in if STL ends up cutting him next offseason. Can't be any worse than EJ and since we don't have first next year anyways.

2 injuries in college, then 3 major injuries in 5 NFL seasons. Zero mobility and tissue paper for knees.

Sounds perfect.

Homegrown
08-24-2014, 03:41 PM
Trade EJ for the Ram's 2015 #1....git er dun OBD

Jaybird
08-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Trade EJ for the Ram's 2015 #1....git er dun OBD

why on earth would the rams even consider that... for a late round pick maybe, and that doesn't make sense for the bills... he is still the best option on the team

BertSquirtgum
08-24-2014, 03:54 PM
I guess the worries about Bradford were correct after all. He is made of glass.

John Doe
08-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Why wasn't this guy wearing a knee brace?

Homegrown
08-24-2014, 03:58 PM
why on earth would the rams even consider that... for a late round pick maybe, and that doesn't make sense for the bills... he is still the best option on the team

The comment was made in jest...tongue-in-cheek, kind Sir

EDS
08-24-2014, 04:09 PM
2 injuries in college, then 3 major injuries in 5 NFL seasons. Zero mobility and tissue paper for knees.

Sounds perfect.

Sounds almost like a certain QB near and dear to our hearts.

SpikedLemonade
08-24-2014, 04:11 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24678022/report-rams-qb-sam-bradford-out-for-season-with-torn-acl

...If the Rams decide they don't want to go with Hill, they have a few marginal options in free agency. The team could sign Josh Freeman, Kyle Orton or Tyler Thigpen.

There's also a few trades the team could possibly look into. Eagles coach Chip Kelly said last week that he'd listen to offers for (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24666630/chip-kelly-eagles-would-listen-to-offers-for-mark-sanchez) Mark Sanchez, but also added that 'it better be a pretty good deal in terms of what it is.'

The Rams could also gauge the Redskins' interest in trading Kirk Cousins. Jay Gruden could get himself out of a possible quarterback controversy in Washington if he's willing to dump Cousins.

Former Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann said on Saturday that he (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24677942/joe-theismann-redskins-backup-qb-kirk-cousins-has-outplayed-rg3) thought Cousins was outplaying Redskins starter Robert Griffin III. Gruden insisted since the day he was hired though that RG3 is the team's starting quarterback.....

Those are basically our options as well if we want or need to replace EJ.

Mad Max
08-24-2014, 04:43 PM
...If the Rams decide they don't want to go with Hill, they have a few marginal options in free agency. The team could sign Josh Freeman, Kyle Orton or Tyler Thigpen.

There's also a few trades the team could possibly look into. Eagles coach Chip Kelly said last week that he'd listen to offers for (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24666630/chip-kelly-eagles-would-listen-to-offers-for-mark-sanchez) Mark Sanchez, but also added that 'it better be a pretty good deal in terms of what it is.'

The Rams could also gauge the Redskins' interest in trading Kirk Cousins. Jay Gruden could get himself out of a possible quarterback controversy in Washington if he's willing to dump Cousins.

Former Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann said on Saturday that he (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24677942/joe-theismann-redskins-backup-qb-kirk-cousins-has-outplayed-rg3) thought Cousins was outplaying Redskins starter Robert Griffin III. Gruden insisted since the day he was hired though that RG3 is the team's starting quarterback.....

Those are basically our options as well if we want or need to replace EJ.

If the skins would take a 2nd round pick for Cousins i do it
immediately. At worst he's a legitimate backup. At best he is our franchise if/when the EJ experiment is
deemed a failure.

BertSquirtgum
08-24-2014, 04:50 PM
Sounds almost like a certain QB near and dear to our hearts.

No it doesn't.

swiper
08-24-2014, 04:51 PM
As mentioned three posts above... if the Rams are able to wiggle Cousins out of the Redskins and the Bills didn't even try to do that - I'll be.... well I can't be any more disappointed in the Bills than I already am.

Crisis
08-24-2014, 06:52 PM

Sounds perfect.

He's pretty much EJ except he's actually decent when he plays.

Ingtar33
08-24-2014, 07:14 PM
remember chris chandler? he was actually a fairly good qb when he was on the field. the trick was getting him healthy long enough to be effective. he did qb that falcons team to the superbowl

jamze132
08-24-2014, 08:41 PM
Skins ain't tradin' no Cousins. RG3 will be injured by the bye.

Mad Max
08-25-2014, 07:36 AM
Skins ain't tradin' no Cousins. RG3 will be injured by the bye.

this.

I sense a QB controversy happening there pretty soon after said injury.

Ed
08-25-2014, 10:00 AM
If the Redskins trade Cousins it probably won't be until after the season. They don't have anything to gain in 2014 by trading him for 2015 draft picks. They're better off keeping him in case they need him and then trading him in the off-season.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-25-2014, 10:08 AM
FWIW, it was this time last year that Whaley pulled off a player-for-player trade to get Thad Lewis. Not sure who is sitting on QB depth that we could snag or what they'd want, but it doesn't have to be picks.

better days
08-25-2014, 12:44 PM

Bradford is no better than EJ when both are healthy.

SpikedLemonade
08-25-2014, 12:51 PM
******ed.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2014, 02:15 PM

Bradford's season in 7 games last year was better than EJs season in 10.

You post some of the most outlandish shiz man, I gotta tell you.

better days
08-25-2014, 05:18 PM

Yeah, because Bradford was a ROOKIE that missed most of training camp like EJ last year, IDIOT.

And last year, EJ had a completion % of 58.8

For his career, Bradford has a completion % of 58.6

Look like two peas in a pod to me.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2014, 07:18 PM
I actually saw Bradford's injury for the first time.

His knee must be made of tissue paper or glass, he should hang up the cleats.

The Jokeman
08-25-2014, 07:27 PM

Bradford might have benefited playing 42 NFL games prior to last year, don't you think?

Mr. Pink
08-25-2014, 07:29 PM
Bradford might have benefited playing 42 NFL games prior to last year, don't you think?

better claimed the Bradford is no better than EJ when healthy, stats show otherwise.

That and EJ won't get 42 NFL games on his resume.

GingerP
08-25-2014, 07:33 PM

When Bradford was a rookie, he won Offensive ROY. Before injuries derailed his career, he showed promise, which is more than you can say for EJ.

The Jokeman
08-25-2014, 07:38 PM
better claimed the Bradford is no better than EJ when healthy, stats show otherwise.

I hope you're wrong.

The Jokeman
08-25-2014, 07:42 PM
When Bradford was a rookie, he won Offensive ROY. Before injuries derailed his career, he showed promise, which is more than you can say for EJ.

Posts like this frost me to no end, 10 games does not make an NFL career for any QB. Yet I can't see how you don't think winning 40% of your games as an NFL rookie QB with one of the worst WR corps around him didn't help his cause? As let's not forget that Fitzpatrick as a seasoned vet won 37.5% of his game the year before. Am I say EJ will ever be elite? Doubtful but if he can be average we might turn things around this season.

GingerP
08-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Posts like this frost me to no end, 10 games does not make an NFL career for any QB. Yet I can't see how you don't think winning 40% of your games as an NFL rookie QB with one of the worst WR corps around him didn't help his cause? As let's not forget that Fitzpatrick as a seasoned vet won 37.5% of his game the year before. Am I say EJ will ever be elite? Doubtful but if he can be average we might turn things around this season.

Yeah, I'm not sure what you are getting at here. First of all, wins are a team stat, the QB may get all the glory or blame, but teams win games.

I just pointed out that Sam Bradford was the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, which means a lot of people thought he had promise to develop into a good QB. EJ hasn't played well enough, as a rookie or since, to make one think he can develop into a good QB. The one thing he has shown is inconsistency.

That isn't to say he can't still develop into a good QB. He very well may, though there is no evidence to date to support that. In fact, the evidence points in the opposite direction. I guess we will find out this year once and for all.

Bradford at one time showed promise before it came off the rails. He was a highly-touted prospect that was drafted #1 overall, then had a promising rookie campaign that made people think he was going to be a real good player. Then he started having injuries, especially to his legs. Then he blew out his ACL, and he blew it out again this year. Kind of sad, but that is the NFL. Some guys get hurt and never are the same.

Crisis
08-25-2014, 10:36 PM

Lol. You EJ apologists are absurd.

better days
08-25-2014, 11:25 PM

BS, I showed that EJ actually has a better completion % than Bradford does for his career.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2014, 11:52 PM
BS, I showed that EJ actually has a better completion % than Bradford does for his career.

Bradford had a huge sophomore slump along with getting hurt. His other 3 seasons he has a 60% completion rate.

I guarantee you that if EJ has a sophomore slump like Bradford did, people will be clamoring for him to be replaced by midseason.

Interesting you use stats for this argument when you won't acknowledge that Thad Lewis had a better year than EJ, even though the stats said that the did, btw.

imbondz
08-26-2014, 07:00 AM
This sucks. Rams are my 2nd favorite team and I was hoping this was going to be the year Bradford went to the next level. What's up with all these torn ACLs? Is this a recent phenomenon over the past 10 years or so? I don't remember QBs going down so regularly with torn acls back in the 90's.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-26-2014, 07:30 AM
This sucks. Rams are my 2nd favorite team and I was hoping this was going to be the year Bradford went to the next level. What's up with all these torn ACLs? Is this a recent phenomenon over the past 10 years or so? I don't remember QBs going down so regularly with torn acls back in the 90's.

Some suggest that that emphasis on protecting the head means tacklers are going to go lower, and will lead to a corresponding increase in knee and hip injuries.

The Jokeman
08-26-2014, 07:59 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure what you are getting at here. First of all, wins are a team stat, the QB may get all the glory or blame, but teams win games.

I just pointed out that Sam Bradford was the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, which means a lot of people thought he had promise to develop into a good QB. EJ hasn't played well enough, as a rookie or since, to make one think he can develop into a good QB. The one thing he has shown is inconsistency.

That isn't to say he can't still develop into a good QB. He very well may, though there is no evidence to date to support that. In fact, the evidence points in the opposite direction. I guess we will find out this year once and for all.

Bradford at one time showed promise before it came off the rails. He was a highly-touted prospect that was drafted #1 overall, then had a promising rookie campaign that made people think he was going to be a real good player. Then he started having injuries, especially to his legs. Then he blew out his ACL, and he blew it out again this year. Kind of sad, but that is the NFL. Some guys get hurt and never are the same.

I get teams win games but it just kills me that people act like EJ played horribly (see Tuel like bad) last season when he wasn't that putrid. The reality is EJ wasn't as great as Bradford true but I think we need to give him a few more games before we run him out of town. As to me he played better than JP Losman played in his first year. Yes he played similar to Trent Edwards did but the thing is Trent regressed and maybe it's false hope but I don't think Manuel will toss in he seems to have more leadership skills than Trent had.

GingerP
08-26-2014, 08:13 AM

Trent Edwards does as well.

GingerP
08-26-2014, 08:17 AM
I get teams win games but it just kills me that people act like EJ played horribly (see Tuel like bad) last season when he wasn't that putrid. The reality is EJ wasn't as great as Bradford true but I think we need to give him a few more games before we run him out of town.

I agree EJ needs to be given more time, really they went all-in with him this year so there is no other choice. However, EJ's major issue is inconsistency. He has flashed at times, but really he has been up-and-down. What you want to see from his is progress, his getting better over time. To date, he hasn't shown that, but maybe this season he will.

better days
08-26-2014, 08:19 AM
Bradford had a huge sophomore slump along with getting hurt. His other 3 seasons he has a 60% completion rate.

I guarantee you that if EJ has a sophomore slump like Bradford did, people will be clamoring for him to be replaced by midseason.

Interesting you use stats for this argument when you won't acknowledge that Thad Lewis had a better year than EJ, even though the stats said that the did, btw.

Did you watch Bradford against the Browns before he was injured?

He was every bit as erratic as EJ is in that game.

And the fact is his completion % is LOWER than EJ's FACT.