PDA

View Full Version : This team is not ready for no huddle!

ghz in pittsburgh
08-25-2014, 06:36 AM
The Bills practiced no huddle all week according to Chris Brown and they came out doing exactly that the first half in Bucs game.

Guess what, they are not ready for that. Just like last year, the so-called fast pace offense.

I know Ben Roethlisbeerger did the no huddle (and spread) to the Bills D the week before and had great success. The Eagles did the same to the Steelers last Thursday. I'm not sure, though, EJ is ready to handle that, despite the fact he had some success in the 2nd half against 2nd team D. I maintain that EJ is a slow starter based on what we've seen from him thus far. Pushing him to go 100 m/h from the get-go when he's only ready to go 10 m/h is NOT smart for the coaching staff. I don't want to see the Bills come out for the 3rd quarter in Chicago trailing 31-0.

Fletch
08-25-2014, 06:45 AM
This team isn't ready to compete effectively with 20-some other teams in the NFL, no-huddle, traditional pro-set offense, or whatever.

Systems don't win, players do.

We don't have the proper players and we definitely don't have the proper coaching.

Speaking of coaching, I'm curious how everyone thinks that Downing is doing? I mean is anyone even remotely impressed?

It seems like the enthusiasm on the part of the "non-realists" has already been tempered and we haven't even technically finished the preseason. I see fewer and fewer posters crowing about how we're going to be 7-9 or better.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-25-2014, 08:01 AM
This team isn't ready to compete effectively with 20-some other teams in the NFL, no-huddle, traditional pro-set offense, or whatever.

Systems don't win, players do.

We don't have the proper players and we definitely don't have the proper coaching.

Speaking of coaching, I'm curious how everyone thinks that Downing is doing? I mean is anyone even remotely impressed?

It seems like the enthusiasm on the part of the "non-realists" has already been tempered and we haven't even technically finished the preseason. I see fewer and fewer posters crowing about how we're going to be 7-9 or better.

I'm not a complete homer like some, nor a complete pessimist like some. I'm somewhere in between, but I couldn't agree more with this post. This doesn't look good at all.