PDA

View Full Version : Ponder, Mallett, Sanchez, Orton, Cousins..........

k-oneputt
08-25-2014, 07:44 AM
Do something Dougie. Even if your boy develops a little you still have the injury issue, and I doubt he is lasting the whole season.
Some of those qb's will be there for the taking. Make a move, your job is probably dependant on it.

The King
08-25-2014, 07:54 AM
To make a move now might not even help. They would still need to learn the system.

Historian
08-25-2014, 08:02 AM
Gotta bring someone in.

This is starting to look like Ferragamo-Mathison-Dufek.

k-oneputt
08-25-2014, 08:03 AM
Of course it will help. We all know this is EJ's year but what happens when he gets injured ? Since they screwed the pooch again by not bringing in any qb help they are behind, but they need to move now. As of now Tuel looks more like a #3, Lewis and Dixon are getting cut.
As for the system, the sooner the better to start learning it. From what I've seen any of those qb's is an upgrade.

streetkings01
08-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Sanchez? Wasn't he the laughing stock of this board at one time? We have to stick with EJ..........The Doug's made their beds by drafting this project of a QB.......now they need to lay in it!

The King
08-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Cousins is the most costly and Mallet is likely getting cut. Belichick isn't keeping 3 QB's. You also have to assume STL is going to be looking for depth.

GingerP
08-25-2014, 08:25 AM
You also have to assume STL is going to be looking for depth.

Unfortunately, the Rams have waiver priority over the Bills. That makes exploring a trade an option if they have a guy they think will be cut, because St. Louis may pick him up first.

coastal
08-25-2014, 08:34 AM
****ing Tim Tebow!!!!

and yes... I'm 100% serious!

OLDSRIP
08-25-2014, 08:39 AM
Gotta bring someone in.

Those were the days, weren't they?

Makes me want to go and get that as a tattoo.

streetkings01
08-25-2014, 08:47 AM
****ing Tim Tebow!!!!

and yes... I'm 100% serious!You think the offense looks bad with EJ under center..........just imagine how many 3 and outs and bad throws we'd see from Tebow......no thanks!

Historian
08-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Those were the days, weren't they?

Makes me want to go and get that as a tattoo.

Remember the two-man wave against Cleveland?

justasportsfan
08-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Nassib is looking great so far in preseason.

Marrone/Hackett should have scouted Nassib in college :ill:

swiper
08-25-2014, 09:19 AM
Gotta bring someone in.

As I stated here before, I would kill to have Ferragamo her right now. He would look like a world beater compared to the crap they have out on the field now.

justasportsfan
08-25-2014, 09:36 AM
Gotta bring someone in.

If neither Thad nor Tuel has separated themselves from the other, cut one of them and bring in someone else.

The Jokeman
08-25-2014, 09:46 AM

That's the issue's Marrone and Hackett aren't scouts or even in a position to draft a player. That said I don't think Nassib be having the same success in the preseason if he was put in as the number 1 QB of the Giants.

soapman
08-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Is Steve DeBerg available?

justasportsfan
08-25-2014, 09:54 AM
That said I don't think Nassib be having the same success in the preseason if he was put in as the number 1 QB of the Giants.

we don't know that because he'd have their no.1's protecting, catching,running, for him.

Fletch
08-25-2014, 09:55 AM
Do something Dougie. Even if your boy develops a little you still have the injury issue, and I doubt he is lasting the whole season.
Some of those qb's will be there for the taking. Make a move, your job is probably dependant on it.

Oh please, dumpster diving?

Dougie's the problem, not the solution. We're in this predicament, again, specifically because of his gambling mentality.

He needs to go. He's no better than any of our former GMs not named Polian.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta bring someone in.

How about bringing in a new GM, one that knows what he's doing.

k-oneputt
08-25-2014, 12:30 PM
The new gm is the next move if EJ sucks this year.

Fletch
08-25-2014, 12:35 PM

Yeah, and not someone else from Pittsburgh or any other state that borders NYS.

Hopefully Pegula will get a real one.

- - - Updated - - -

IF EJ sucks this year.

LOL

IlluminatusUIUC
08-25-2014, 01:20 PM
This might be a new low for the Bills. The fans openly pining for Mark Sanchez or Christian Ponder, dear lord

k-oneputt
08-25-2014, 01:22 PM
When your starter is EJ and the backups are Tuel and Lewis, you look at guys like Sachez ad Ponder.

HAMMER
08-25-2014, 01:39 PM

I think you can count on the Bills picking up Nassib if the Giants cut him.

He knows Hacketts system to some degree and that would be a huge advantage over any other also ran, second string QB that we could obtain at this point.

OLDSRIP
08-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Remember the two-man wave against Cleveland?

Unfortunately, i do.

SpikedLemonade
08-25-2014, 01:46 PM
I think you can count on the Bills picking up Nassib if the Giants cut him.

He knows Hacketts system to some degree and that would be a huge advantage over any other also ran, second string QB that we could obtain at this point.

I think right now Hackett's system is very suspect.

Not sure how much of an advantage someone who knows it and got an also ran college team to 8-5 is.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2014, 01:58 PM
I'd be all for bringing Mallet in. New England backups seem to do okay in short term stints as a starter.

This team is EJ's sink or swim, but if he gets hurt based on NE track record with backups, Mallet could come in and win a few games.

SpikedLemonade
08-25-2014, 02:01 PM
I'd be all for bringing Mallet in. New England backups seem to do okay in short term stints as a starter.

This team is EJ's sink or swim, but if he gets hurt based on NE track record with backups, Mallet could come in and win a few games.

I agree.

Cut Tuel and pick up Mallet to go along with Thad.

We have to keep 3 QBs this year given the uncertainty that comes with EJ right now.

chris66
08-25-2014, 04:26 PM
Cousins is the most costly and Mallet is likely getting cut. Belichick isn't keeping 3 QB's. You also have to assume STL is going to be looking for depth.This year he will. he kept three when they drafted mallet, same with Hoyer and Cassel

If only you could put fitz's mind in EJ's body

better days
08-25-2014, 06:05 PM
I agree.

Cut Tuel and pick up Mallet to go along with Thad.

We have to keep 3 QBs this year given the uncertainty that comes with EJ right now.

Well, do you two geniuses think the Bills should trade a second round pick for Mallett?

DraftBoy
08-25-2014, 06:10 PM
I think Rob Johnson may still be available...

k-oneputt
08-25-2014, 06:19 PM
Or Josh Johnson

DraftBoy
08-25-2014, 06:31 PM
Or Josh Johnson

Like you wouldn't take him right now...don't lie.

k-oneputt
08-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Like you wouldn't take him right now...don't lie.

Can't be any worse I guess but he sucks too.

DraftBoy
08-25-2014, 06:46 PM
Can't be any worse I guess but he sucks too.

We should just keep signing and cutting QB's all season long. Throw enough **** at the wall something is bound to stick right?

k-oneputt
08-25-2014, 07:28 PM
We should just keep signing and cutting QB's all season long. Throw enough **** at the wall something is bound to stick right?

I think any gm with a clue could upgrade on the current 3 qbs still on the team. With that said Palmer is barely a step ahead of Lewis and on par with tuel.

DraftBoy
08-25-2014, 07:31 PM
I think any gm with a clue could upgrade on the current 3 qbs still on the team. With that said Palmer is barely a step ahead of Lewis and on par with tuel.

Yes but the only Kyle Orton is better at than our three current QB's is a keg stand.

k-oneputt
08-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Orton is way ahead of the current 3 qb's. It's not even close.

Mace
08-25-2014, 07:33 PM

He's got legs of concrete and they intend mobile.

Curtis Painter might be available soon. If we mean to swing low may as well swing real low.

There's just no helping this QB situation now.

- - - Updated - - -

Orton is way ahead of the current 3 qb's. It's not even close.

I don't think he wants to play anymore though.

The Jokeman
08-25-2014, 07:34 PM

Or maybe we can build around one for three full seasons instead of running him out of town like he's Frankenstein's monster.

k-oneputt
08-25-2014, 07:47 PM
Everybody knows this is EJ's season.
We will see.

Mace
08-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Everybody knows this is EJ's season.
We will see.

Will not. He's going to get hurt in 3 games and maybe next year.

sukie
08-26-2014, 09:38 AM
****ing Tim Tebow!!!!

I agree with this.... it's a now lose play. If Tebow sucks the Bills still gave him a shot as a backup... If he ends up panning out... Boom. Jersey sales and Bills Bibles go BOOM

- - - Updated - - -

****ing Tim Tebow!!!!

I agree with this.... it's a now lose play. If Tebow sucks the Bills still gave him a shot as a backup... If he ends up panning out... Boom. Jersey sales and Bills Bibles go BOOM

Jry44
08-26-2014, 10:04 AM
To make a move now might not even help. They would still need to learn the system.

So many don't realize this. The NFL isn't a plug and play league like every other sport is.

k-oneputt
08-26-2014, 10:45 AM
So many don't realize this. The NFL isn't a plug and play league like every other sport is.

Could it possibly be any worse with any other qb in here after what we've seen ?

Jry44
08-26-2014, 10:47 AM
Honestly? Yes..... definitely. If they don't know the playbook or the receivers.

tatersalad
08-26-2014, 10:48 AM
wait we signed the great palmer oh his younger turd brother thats a backup in the arena league

DynaPaul
08-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Palmer is a great signing. He'll serve as a turd backup that makes EJ look good in comparison and that's exactly what the Doug's want. They're not ready to admit their draft day blunder yet.

k-oneputt
08-26-2014, 11:15 AM
Honestly? Yes..... definitely. If they don't know the playbook or the receivers.

2 out of the 3 can't make routine NFL throws. Thankfully one is now gone.

kishoph
08-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Bring in anyone, there're Biilszone members that have used up all their material on the QB's we have, so bring in some fresh meat to tear into. Joking (not really)

k-oneputt
08-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Bring in anyone, there're Biilszone members that have used up all their material on the QB's we have, so bring in some fresh meat to tear into. Joking (not really)

Truth hurts. And Palmer isn't any good either. You will see.

kishoph
08-26-2014, 03:08 PM
Truth hurts. And Palmer isn't any good either. You will see.

It is the truth and it does hurt, in fact it sucks big time that we have "Bills fans" that do nothing but rip into the team and it's players in just about every thread.

I know, I know, "14 years, blah, blah, blah........."

better days
08-26-2014, 03:15 PM
Could it possibly be any worse with any other qb in here after what we've seen ?

I remember saying that when the Bills signed Billy Joe Hobart.

k-oneputt
08-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Not my fault the gm didn't bring in a legit veteran qb to challenge the stiff.
Too worried about hurting EJ's feelings.
F that. This is professional football.

better days
08-26-2014, 03:50 PM
Not my fault the gm didn't bring in a legit veteran qb to challenge the stiff.
Too worried about hurting EJ's feelings.
F that. This is professional football.

You guys think the Bills can just go out & sign anyone they want, even if he is under contract to another team.

Well it is a lot easier said than done.

k-oneputt
08-26-2014, 03:53 PM
You can always draft someone.
Within days we will have more cuts coming. Lets see what they do.

better days
08-26-2014, 04:05 PM
You can always draft someone.
Within days we will have more cuts coming. Lets see what they do.

Two reasons the Bills might have signed Palmer...

A) He is said to be a good mentor to younger QB's, so he was signed to mentor EJ.

B) To get intel on the Bears.

C) A Combination of the Two.................Big Brother & The Holding Company with Janis Joplin

k-oneputt
08-26-2014, 04:09 PM
Agree with intel.
They should have brought in the "mentor" months ago.