• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Madden 15

Not seeing a ton of upgrades in this years game. I still have a 360 so the graphics have been upgraded but just slightly nothing major there.

The gameplay seems to be a little bit more accurate defenders have a tackle radius that they adjust to opposed to just having one direction in the past. This makes the game feel physical and it certainly shows off the real tackle engine much more. You'll rarely see the same hit twice which is cool.

They added a ton of game prep where you can game plan for teams to earn boosts or xp, but the whole interface behind it is clumsy and I imagine most people will move on from this quite quickly.

A few other enhancements I noticed, you can now fire a coach mid-season, although the whole process behind how you get a new coach seems to be a mystery. They changed the scouting points scale a bit, so it's less points that you accrue and you can't seem to learn as much about potential players.

The game definitely has glitches, at one point I was going for it on 4th and hit a wall, my FB was halted by first contact but surged through for a first, when I went to call my next play I was on defense. I have also heard the announcers talking about fumbles and botched kicks that never happened. Although the announcing is pretty awesome they talk about things you did the week before and the background on each player seems deeper than ever before.

I just don't think the upgrades are enough to warrant a purchase this year, if you're a diehard Madden player you'll get it anyways, and you won't be disappointed, but if you're a part-time player or on the fence. I would pass, or wait until it hits a 35-40 price point.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Re: Madden 15

I will probably get fifa 15.

Any word on auto subs, anyone?

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

I think they gave Jimbo a little bit too much hair ...
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mike13
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
        I think they gave Jimbo a little bit too much hair ...
        I like that he has a lazy eye.

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

EA's Gameface has always Struggled. This is how it looks on the generator
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• GvilleBills
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by The King View Post
            EA's Gameface has always Struggled. This is how it looks on the generator

West Coast Jimbo
            Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• black N yellow
              • Dec 2012

I expect the PS4/xbox one versions to be far better.

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by black N yellow View Post
                I expect the PS4/xbox one versions to be far better.
                that would be a first. It always takes them a while to develop on new consoles.
                It was all

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Madden had its "wow" factor but never held a candle to the glory of Tecmo Bowl because I don't have the graphics for Madden and Tecmo Bowl is well, gritty and dependant on whether or not you have Bo Jackson or Lawrence Taylor. I'm an oldschool purist with a bad graphics card.

Comment

• mightysimi
                    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    that would be a first. It always takes them a while to develop on new consoles.
                    This is the second one. It is pretty good. The graphics aren't a monumental upgrade but the control is outstanding. The tutorial while a little long is also pretty helpful. I've only played a handful of games but I am pretty happy with it so far.

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

IMO the Xbox One (or PS4) version is the only recently worth upgrading to. Significant changes made to the gameplay and graphics for the first time in quite a while.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                        • Jul 2005

Any word on if you can do formation subs? Ie like NCAA football so not in game but in menu.

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                          Any word on if you can do formation subs? Ie like NCAA football so not in game but in menu.
                          I will double check tonight
                          It was all

Comment

• mightysimi
                            Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                            • Mar 2010

It's pretty funny that the thing they say about manuel when he takes the field is that he is one of the tallest QB's in the league.

Comment

Working...
                            X