PDA

View Full Version : Offense holding stuff until regular season

justasportsfan
08-25-2014, 09:17 AM
“There are a few things that I asked him for and of course he said, ‘Hey we’re saving this and that for the regular season,’” said Manuel. “Which I understand, but at the same time we still want to go out there and win and move the ball and score touchdowns. But there are some things that we’re going to continue to save for Chicago.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/08/23/offense-holding-stuff-until-regular-season/

Now I get it!!!!

EJ: " Hey coach, can throw accurately this game, pleaaase"
Marrone : ‘Hey we’re saving this and that for the regular season,’”

ServoBillieves
08-25-2014, 09:20 AM
"The coaches told me to dim the lightbulb since it was shining so bright in practice." - EJ.

swiper
08-25-2014, 09:21 AM
ROFL. They are just putting up with us all at this point. Awe. Cute.

jills
08-25-2014, 09:54 AM
Great, they're saving the real suckage for the regular season.

Skooby
08-25-2014, 09:55 AM
He must want the moneyline to be higher.

Fletch
08-25-2014, 09:59 AM
Great, they're saving the real suckage for the regular season.

LOL

That's when the complexities that they're saving too will really take off given how the basic essentials have worked so well.

Scumbag College
08-25-2014, 10:01 AM
They are saving the 5-8 yard pass attempts for the Bears and really try to stretch the defense. Up til now, the Bills have only shown the -3 to 2 yard attempts to trick them. Hackett and Marrone are masterminds.

Seriously, I'm fine with the Bills not showing too much in the preseason. But what they do show, they have to execute better than they have been doing so far.

elltrain22
08-25-2014, 10:04 AM
I would hope that they are saving it b/c every passing play we've ran looks the same.

Fletch
08-25-2014, 11:08 AM
They are saving the 5-8 yard pass attempts for the Bears and really try to stretch the defense. Up til now, the Bills have only shown the -3 to 2 yard attempts to trick them. Hackett and Marrone are masterminds.

Seriously, I'm fine with the Bills not showing too much in the preseason. But what they do show, they have to execute better than they have been doing so far.

I'm fine with them not even showing up as long as they show up for the regular season. But the fact is that we sucked last year on offense and they need the work. You don't start practicing against other teams' 1st-teams in weeks 1 through 4. You do it during the preseason.

Some say that the games don't mean ****, but the outcomes don't mean ****, the games, or rather how the 1st teams play means something. What it is can be debated, but you don't go through the preseason unable to score against 1st-team D's and then all of a sudden start playing playoff caliber football come week one. Just doesn't happen.

Who knows, maybe Whaley and Marrone have mistaken their team for one that barely missed the playoffs last season or something, or more, a playoff team, and they think that they don't need to use the preseason effectively. I don't know, I don't think like they do and their negligent thinking.

Fletch
08-25-2014, 11:12 AM
I would hope that they are saving it b/c every passing play we've ran looks the same.

They'd better be saving something or we're royally screwed.

The big factor is going to be what Watkins brings to the table. Williams and Woods aren't going to scare anyone on their own.

Woods averaged 7 ypr on 3 catches off of 7 targets, before he got hurt. If that doesn't improve then the single biggest reason to hope for improvement gets flushed down the toilet and it's going to be a long season from week 1.

Manuels averaging what, 4-point-some yards ypa against 1st teams? I mean if Hackett & Marrone think that they're saving the deep stuff and scoring for the regular season then they're more stupid than I thought. I think that they've tried but just failed. At the rate we're going we'll be lucky to average 15 ppg.

Typ0
08-25-2014, 11:26 AM
The wheels are coming of this ***** before September. It's the worst we have seen.

Mr. Miyagi
08-25-2014, 11:38 AM
Apparently our secret weapon is "make a good pass." That should take the entire league by surprise.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2014, 12:17 PM
We're holding back on being able to execute passing plays, apparently.

Chicago is gonna be shocked in week 1 when EJ Manuel throws and completes a 15 yard pass down the seam.

swiper
08-25-2014, 12:23 PM
The wheels are coming of this ***** before September. It's the worst we have seen.

Well IDK about that, but it's certainly rising up there.

Fletch
08-25-2014, 12:24 PM

It's only the worst we've seen from a perception standpoint. I really don't think that the season's going to be all that much worse. Worse yes, but how much worse can it possibly get. We've sucked for years.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-25-2014, 12:28 PM
Wow, so we're actually going to score sevens in the redzone and not just go 3 and out each time we have the ball? Good to know. I would say what would Crow t. Robot do, but my guess is that he'd just laugh and let Tom Servo have a wisecrack.

ServoBillieves
08-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Wow, so we're actually going to score sevens in the redzone and not just go 3 and out each time we have the ball? Good to know. I would say what would Crow t. Robot do, but my guess is that he'd just laugh and let Tom Servo have a wisecrack.

You rang?

sukie
08-25-2014, 02:29 PM
It's all a master plan to get our punter in midseason form week one.

Skooby
08-25-2014, 02:34 PM
It's all a master plan to get our punter in midseason form week one.

Yeah, he'll be our MVP again. Though the 35 yard average last game is grounds for a pinkslip.

JohnnyGold
08-25-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm extremely pessimistic... in fact, I've been borderline depressed since Saturday night, because it feels like the season is already over. In fact, it feels eerily similar to 2009, when he had a young, lame duck qb, a bad (conservative) head coach, and an OC who got fired a week before the season started because the offense (and his no huddle attack) looked so pathetic in a preseason that saw us play 5 games, including the hall of fame game, where many Bills greats showed up to Canton to welcome their brothers into the hall.

With that being said:
There is so much more talent on this roster than that team, that it's hard to conceptualize a scenario where the Bills finish any worse than a game or 2 under .500. 2nd best rushing attack in the league last year, a top 10 defense, a better wide out group, and the same group of QBs. 6-10 may happen, but even as bad as they looked this past weekend, we gave tampa the ball 3 times in great field position in the first half... if we can avoid stuff like that, we should be alright.

And to add: for some reason, (and I have no idea why this is) the fact that the first team offense doesn't score touchdowns doesn't bother me even a little bit. LOL. IDK why, so don't ask. I feel as if with our ground game, and ball control in line with what our first team O displayed the first 3 weeks, 3 points is just as good as 7. It's not like we haven't been able to move the ball, we just havent been able to finish. Maybe... hopefully... that will come?

Typ0
08-25-2014, 03:58 PM
It's only the worst we've seen from a perception standpoint. I really don't think that the season's going to be all that much worse. Worse yes, but how much worse can it possibly get. We've sucked for years.

The thing is we have lived through some pretty bad seasons yet they was some fun involved. You know the team is not going anywhere you just enjoy them taking a shot at beating someone I guess. And Moorman has been our best player for years and the guy was an absolute field position MONSTER in his time...we don't even have that to enjoy any more! He punted the ball once and I looked up at it from the upper deck, ran down and grabbed a beer, came back before the opponent caught it...

But now the team is supposed to be improved. The coach is having melt downs, the QB position is completely inept and the players are pointing fingers at the fans for being responsible ... AND IT'S ONLY PRE SEASON.

This is bad. Get your popcorn ready ....

DynaPaul
08-25-2014, 04:28 PM
I've heard this line from Brandon and Brown before... not buying it this time!