PDA

View Full Version : Player Poll -- Bills 2nd Least Desirable Team to Play For

SpikedLemonade
08-25-2014, 11:41 AM
Of the 82 players who answered, 23 percent named the Raiders, followed by the Buffalo Bills (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills) (19 percent), Cleveland Browns (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/cle/cleveland-browns) (16 percent), Jacksonville Jaguars (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/jax/jacksonville-jaguars) (9 percent) and Green Bay Packers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/gb/green-bay-packers) (6 percent).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11405668/nfl-nation-confidential-oakland-raiders-least-desirable-team-play-for

Not a large sample, but nonetheless losing and cold weather seems unpopular.

lightningbolt444
08-25-2014, 11:47 AM
Not many people want to come to Buffalo if they are not born there. It is a great place to raise a family however many never see it that way. Just cold and snowy.

Then you get into the not winning, Having fill in bums around you in some spots and the team not rewarding their own when they perform and I am surprised that Buffalo is only at 19%

better days
08-25-2014, 11:52 AM
Typical TROLL thread from Spiked.

Still mourning the loss of B Jobovi are you?

OpIv37
08-25-2014, 11:57 AM
Also people don't like working for ****ty bosses. With the exception of Green Bay, that's a list of the worst-run teams in the league.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Oh shocking the 4 least desirable teams to play for are perennial bottom feeders.

Ed
08-25-2014, 12:06 PM
In the 90's the Bills wouldn't have made this list, while teams like the Bengals and Colts probably would have been near the top. In the 80's you probably would have seen teams like the Saints and Pats get a lot of votes. Teams that are irrelevant and lose year in and year out will never be desirable. Throw in the weather factor and it's not surprising that players that probably don't know much about Buffalo or the Bills would find this team unappealing. Hopefully new ownership and some playoff appearances can help change that because the players that do end up coming here generally love it. Just look at Jim Kelly. No one hated the idea of being a Buffalo Bill more than he did. He basically had to be dragged here kicking and screaming.

Fletch
08-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Not many people want to come to Buffalo if they are not born there. It is a great place to raise a family however many never see it that way. Just cold and snowy.

Then you get into the not winning, Having fill in bums around you in some spots and the team not rewarding their own when they perform and I am surprised that Buffalo is only at 19%

And what, people love Cleveland, Oakland, and Jacksonville? Cleveland has less snow and cold? Marginally maybe.

I think that the second half of your statement is the primary reason. The weather differs variedly among the cities listed at the "top" of that poll.

The common thread is that they're all ****ty teams as Mr. Pink points out.

coastal
08-25-2014, 12:52 PM
What... people don't want to work for Russ Brandon?

ServoBillieves
08-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Does this surprise anyone? I really want to know if anyone is shocked by this, didn't need a poll to know that there are many reasons a team like Buffalo is not desirable to play for.

Ed
08-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Does this surprise anyone? I really want to know if anyone is shocked by this, didn't need a poll to know that there are many reasons a team like Buffalo is not desirable to play for.
It shouldn't. We talk about this every year during free agency.

Fletch
08-25-2014, 01:34 PM
It's why we have to overpay everyone good to come here. AHEM, Mario.

OLDSRIP
08-25-2014, 01:44 PM
It's all about the record. Back in the glory days many players wanted to be here.

Homegrown
08-25-2014, 01:53 PM
I wonder how many Bills players participated in the poll ....

Dr. Lecter
08-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Typical TROLL thread from Spiked.

Still mourning the loss of B Jobovi are you?

A troll thread is not one that posts stories we don't want to hear about

Ed
08-25-2014, 01:57 PM
It's all about the record. Back in the glory days many players wanted to be here.
I think the most interesting thing about this poll is that Green Bay made the top 5, which tells me that it's not all about winning/losing for some players. I mean why would more players find the Packers less desirable than the Vikings or Lions? The Packers are better than those franchises in just about every way. The only difference is the Viking and Lions play indoors, while the Packers play some games in -50 windchill or whatever.

I'd find this poll a lot more interesting if the players had included their reasons or at least main reason for voting the way they did. It's probably important to note too that 27% of the players polled voted for a different team other than the five listed. Maybe some guys voted for a team simply because of the coach or they got cut. I mean of the 9% that voted for the Jags, how many picked them just because of their hideous uniforms? This poll would be a lot better if we got a breakdown of all the teams that got votes and some general reasons why players voted the way they did.

better days
08-25-2014, 02:12 PM
A troll thread is not one that posts stories we don't want to hear about

Well, IMO a TROLL like Spiked Lemonade, posts & starts threads that are only negative about Buffalo & the Bills.

NEVER anything positive about Buffalo or the Bills, just the negative.

Historian
08-25-2014, 02:24 PM
"Business bad? **** you, pay me!" "Oh you had a fire? **** you, pay me!" "Business struck by lightning? **** you, pay me!"-Ray Liotta, Goodfellas.

better days
08-25-2014, 02:30 PM
"Business bad? **** you, pay me!" "Oh you had a fire? **** you, pay me!" "Business struck by lightning? **** you, pay me!"-Ray Liotta, Goodfellas.

Great movie, but nothing to do with this thread unless you think the Mafia controls the NFL.

sukie
08-25-2014, 02:58 PM
If I was a millionaire athlete I would have Buffalo and Cleveland on the bottom of my list and I am from WNY.

justasportsfan
08-25-2014, 03:01 PM
I don't have a poll but seems to me people that have played for the bills usually have great things to say about their experience here. Except maybe for McGahee and Rob Johnson.

Ed
08-25-2014, 03:04 PM
As much as I hate the idea of a new stadium with a dome, I'm slowly accepting the reality that it's probably in the best interest of the team as far as selling tickets and attracting free agents.