PDA

View Full Version : What Is The 1 Thing You Like The Most About EJ Manuel?

BillsImpossible
08-25-2014, 06:31 PM
Saturday's game against the Bucs reminded me of why I still like EJ Manuel.

I really don't care how poorly EJ played in the first half, all that matters to me is how he dealt with a $#itstorm of adversity.

Penalties, a fumble, bad calls, a blocked pass, a slip and a pick.

The kid knows how to quickly put the past behind him, and learns from it.

The last thing I expected EJ Manuel to do was come back in the third quarter and take the Bills on two consecutive scoring drives.

After getting booed off the field in the first half, EJ Manuel came back and performed very well.

He doesn't get rattled. He doesn't get down. He doesn't quit, he doesn't have thin skin, and he can care less about people booing him or what people are saying about him on Twitter.

"You can't teach accuracy."

EJ was very accurate in the 2nd half.

"That was against backups!"

Accuracy is accuracy. He put the ball where it needed to be.

It's not how you start, it's how one finishes a wise man once said.

What do I like the most about EJ Manuel?

His resilience.

GreedoII
08-25-2014, 06:35 PM

I really don't care how poorly EJ played in the first half, all that matters to me is how he dealt with a $#itstorm of adversity.

The last thing I expected EJ Manuel to do was come back in the third quarter and take the Bills on two consecutive scoring drives.

After getting booed off the field in the first half, EJ Manuel came back and performed very well.

He doesn't get rattled. He doesn't get down. He doesn't quit, he doesn't have thin skin, and he can care less about people booing him or what people are saying about him on Twitter.

His resilience.

uhhh...nothing...he was terrible pick at that spot. Nix got one last bad pick under his belt to screw this franchise for another 5 yrs

k-oneputt
08-25-2014, 06:37 PM
That 2nd half looked like a FSU/Wake Forest game.
EJ shines in those situations.

jills
08-25-2014, 06:39 PM
His dreamy eyes?

Skooby
08-25-2014, 06:42 PM

His resilience.

What kind of huff are you using ?

The Jokeman
08-25-2014, 06:45 PM
He is young but he doesn't do the typical run to make the play that you see from most athletic QBs. As the NFL has always been and seems will always be a league you win with a pocket pass versus a scrambler. Secondly he can sustain drives when he's playing at his best. Hopefully the defense will play a little tighter this year and EJ can become an average QB and then think playoff talk is realistic.

Mace
08-25-2014, 06:46 PM
He wears his clothes well with a talent for looking sophisticated, yet comfortable in any setting.

BillsImpossible
08-25-2014, 06:57 PM
He wears his clothes well with a talent for looking sophisticated, yet comfortable in any setting.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/L-4zfsy6rsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

swiper
08-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Where is the groan button?

BillsImpossible
08-25-2014, 07:00 PM
What kind of huff are you using ?

Molson Canadian tonight.

BillsImpossible
08-25-2014, 07:01 PM
Where is the groan button?

Mike Williams just groaned you.

Turf
08-25-2014, 07:20 PM
He's a quality individual with character.

Mace
08-25-2014, 07:22 PM
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/L-4zfsy6rsM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

Yes !

swiper
08-25-2014, 07:23 PM
Mike Williams just groaned you.

You need to upgrade to Export.

YardRat
08-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Although his career is too new to establish any real trends, in the few occasions he has been put in clutch situations he seems to play very well.

Mace
08-25-2014, 07:46 PM
His dreamy eyes?

Yes, I've found myself thinking if he asked me out for coffee in a smart 3 piece, I might suggest lunch somewhere trendy, yet quiet to see if he might have an interest in my latest Chinese haberdashery.

elltrain22
08-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Things I don't like about EJ:
- inconsistency with accuracy. Can look so good on intermediate/long throws, but then throws behind on a slant or flat pass
- pocket awareness is better, but is still very shaky
- decision-making. Doesn't take nearly enough chances down the field, and makes way too many "safe" throws

Things I do like about EJ:
- good kid, with good demeanor. Not a jerk, and is very coachable
- when he is in a groove, he can really move the chains
- intermediate to long passes are really thrown well, with good velocity & good precision

Typ0
08-25-2014, 08:35 PM
I agree about his resiliency. It's very difficult to not love that about him. I feel like if he could take some steps forward we would be in business with him because he's not going to regress into vomit. But he's got to take steps forward and he isn't.

OpIv37
08-25-2014, 08:39 PM

His resilience.

This post is a microcosm for everything that is wrong with this message board and the prevailing mentality.

Anyone who says they don't care about EJ's struggles against first team D's is 10 steps beyond delusional.

TacklingDummy
08-25-2014, 09:41 PM
He has enough money so he shouldn't be soaking the taxpayers for welfare.

WagonCircler
08-25-2014, 09:55 PM
I like the fact that he misses a lot of games. I wish he would miss more.

Woodman
08-26-2014, 08:28 AM
His smile.

Historian
08-26-2014, 08:38 AM
He can beat carolina!

Bill Cody
08-26-2014, 09:46 AM
The thing I like the most is there's still hope for him. He can improve because he's still a raw prospect that requires patience. Not sure he will but I have hope for him. If he does it would also be fun to watch the legion of unemployed Manuel haters curl into the fetal position and cry for their mommies.

k-oneputt
08-26-2014, 10:49 AM
The thing I like the most is there's still hope for him. He can improve because he's still a raw prospect that requires patience. Not sure he will but I have hope for him. If he does it would also be fun to watch the legion of unemployed Manuel haters curl into the fetal position and cry for their mommies.

We all hope he's good, I have my doubts.
Aren't you the guy who didn't think Bortles would go in the 1st rd. ?

Bill Cody
08-26-2014, 10:56 AM
We all hope he's good, I have my doubts.
Aren't you the guy who didn't think Bortles would go in the 1st rd. ?

Doubts is fine. I have doubts. I just don't make 10 posts a day bashing the only hope the Bills have to be good like some folks do.

I never said Bortles wouldn't go in the first round I said he wouldn't go 1st pick and it was possible he could slip out of the first round. That wasn't a knock on him really it was more that he's a bit of an unpolished player. If Jacksonville doesn't take him it's not clear where he goes. QB needy teams will reach. We did. Doesn't necessarily mean it won't work out.

justasportsfan
08-26-2014, 11:00 AM

His resilience.

I would rather EJ be accurate, resilient ,poised,etc. early in the game when the O is scoring 3-4 td's on the opponent. Not when the opponent is ahead by 3 td's and the game is practically over for the bills because EJ wasn't accurate,resilient, poised early in the game.

k-oneputt
08-26-2014, 11:16 AM
I like the fact that he misses a lot of games. I wish he would miss more.

LOL

k-oneputt
08-26-2014, 11:19 AM
Doubts is fine. I have doubts. I just don't make 10 posts a day bashing the only hope the Bills have to be good like some folks do.

I never said Bortles wouldn't go in the first round I said he wouldn't go 1st pick and it was possible he could slip out of the first round. That wasn't a knock on him really it was more that he's a bit of an unpolished player. If Jacksonville doesn't take him it's not clear where he goes. QB needy teams will reach. We did. Doesn't necessarily mean it won't work out.

If Jax didn't take him the Bllls should have. Wishful thinking I know.

DesertFox24
08-26-2014, 11:44 AM

His resilience.

Any positivity will be destroyed on any bills message board.

Fans who call themselves realist just like to come on here complain and find reasons to not like or have hope for week 1.

Personally I think that is a real bad outlook on life as I choose to be a half full kind of guy.

In the interview Jim Kelly said he was not happy about EJ or any QB, he said EJ has every thing you want in a QB he just needs to show it consistently. This is correct on many levels. EJ has the physical ability to be an elite qb, but he needs to develop the mental aspect of the game.

Bunion
08-26-2014, 12:05 PM
How he was brought in to chase a fad offense, totally unlike Brad Smith. Then he was bubble-wrapped so nobody will take the fad offense he was brought in to run seriously.

The King
08-26-2014, 12:22 PM
Think about this.

I think we can all agree that EJ looked his best last season late in the 4th with the two minute offense. It seems like when they're not restricting the playbook and they're letting EJ gamble he's at his best. Even on Saturday the first half offense was very conservative… the second half they opened it up and let him gamble and make some throws into tight space. It seems to me Hackett is trying to play this vanilla offense and keep EJ completely safe from turnovers. I don't know if it's a confidence thing or what. Let the kid gamble, if he fails so be it, at least we know. EJ is on trial this year and he deserves a chance to bring whatever he has to the table. I haven't seen very many players on this team turn a 2 yard completion into a 30 yard gain, so let the kid throw the ball.

Now if it's EJ checking down and playing scared we have a different concern.

swiper
08-26-2014, 12:24 PM
Think about this..

Can I stop now?

Bunion
08-26-2014, 02:46 PM
Think about this.

I think we can all agree that EJ looked his best last season late in the 4th with the two minute offense. It seems like when they're not restricting the playbook and they're letting EJ gamble he's at his best. Even on Saturday the first half offense was very conservative… the second half they opened it up and let him gamble and make some throws into tight space. It seems to me Hackett is trying to play this vanilla offense and keep EJ completely safe from turnovers. I don't know if it's a confidence thing or what. Let the kid gamble, if he fails so be it, at least we know. EJ is on trial this year and he deserves a chance to bring whatever he has to the table. I haven't seen very many players on this team turn a 2 yard completion into a 30 yard gain, so let the kid throw the ball.

Now if it's EJ checking down and playing scared we have a different concern.

So the big picture is why Nate Hackett only calls a good football game when he's got no other choice.

The King
08-26-2014, 02:48 PM
So the big picture is why Nate Hackett only calls a good football game when he's got no other choice.

I don't know. I think the only three that do are Doug, Nate and EJ. But it makes me wonder.