PDA

View Full Version : Kiko placed on NFI means he could be a RFA after 2016 season

Ed
08-26-2014, 11:12 AM
I assumed that Kiko Alonso was already on IR, but since the injury happened away from the team he was just placed on NFI, non-football injury list. According to the Mike Rodak blog post below, if he stays on the NFI all year he won't accrue an NFL season. Meaning at the end of his rookie deal he'll only have three accrued seasons making him a RFA instead of an UFA. I didn't know that, but I thought it was interesting. I'm assuming Kiko will return to form next season and end up getting a long term deal the following year before his rookie deal is up, so maybe it doesn't end up being relevant, but that's definitely an advantage for the Bills knowing that he'll be restricted.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/12556/bills-place-kiko-alonso-on-nfi-list

BLeonard
08-26-2014, 08:35 PM
Well, he's not coming back before week 6, so I see no way how he doesn't stay on it all season.

Sucks for Kiko, in a sense, but good for the Bills that it happened away from the team.

-Bill

DraftBoy
08-27-2014, 05:20 AM
Good find!