PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I can't even imagine this happening. What would you do if it happened here?

Fletch
08-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Just ran across this;

http://nypost.com/2010/11/18/jet-kid-clipped/

I can't believe that a bunch of adults would actually pick on an 8-year old kid like that.

I'd go ape**** if I saw Bills fans doing that to some kid in Buffalo.

imbondz
08-28-2014, 07:47 AM
I would lose it and go ape **** too.

Lucidvizion
08-28-2014, 07:56 AM
That's seriously messed up... but taking it out of context, I couldn't help but laugh a little that someone could suffer minor leg injuries from having hotdogs thrown at them.

Fletch
08-28-2014, 08:28 AM
That's seriously messed up... but taking it out of context, I couldn't help but laugh a little that someone could suffer minor leg injuries from having hotdogs thrown at them.

At least the hot dogs didn't cause a concussion.

Mr. Miyagi
08-28-2014, 09:02 AM
There's never an excuse to beat up/ruin a little kid's day. It's deplorable.

With that said, who knows maybe that kid was being a little cocky jerkoff that we all know some 8 year old boys could be, especially for a Jets fan.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-28-2014, 09:05 AM
November 18, 2010

Breaking news right there.

But I agree, fans are beyond stupid about opposing fans these days. We've had a real problem with it on the west coast with the Dodgers-Giants rivalry.

gebobs
08-28-2014, 09:21 AM
You missed the part that the kid was tackled in the parking lot?

But kids heal fast. Four years later and he's probably gotten over that trauma enough to have wings thrown at him by drunken Bills fans when the Jets visit in November.

BuffaloRedleg
08-28-2014, 09:23 AM
I really think we are nearing a tipping point of the downfall of Football. Between the over-corporatization, the out of control fans and the mostly unwatchable product for those teams that don't have a top 10 QB it has to be so.

gebobs
08-28-2014, 09:32 AM
I really think we are nearing a tipping point of the downfall of Football. Between the over-corporatization, the out of control fans and the mostly unwatchable product for those teams that don't have a top 10 QB it has to be so.

Damn straight. I think we're past the tipping point. Anyone under 30 has no concept of pro football as a sport as opposed to the marketing spectacle it has become. It's sad.

stuckincincy
08-28-2014, 09:47 AM

I've maintained that for some time. Add in the concussion thing, Lem Barney's comments earlier this year, the goings on in the NCAA...the "super" conferences, the union issue, the O'Bannon court decision.

ServoBillieves
08-28-2014, 09:51 AM
Damn straight. I think we're past the tipping point. Anyone under 30 has no concept of pro football as a sport as opposed to the marketing spectacle it has become. It's sad.

Have to step in and say I'm 26 and am appalled by what the NFL has turned in to. If you've seen my other threads, the gimmick of what the heads have turned this sport in to completely takes away from the game itself, through rule changes making it nearly unwatchable to everything needing an advertisement stuck on it. I've watched the replays of old games and wish THAT was the game that still existed, not the "fundamentals so kids and women can have a good ol' time" bull****.

As for the kid from back in 2010, sorry, but how does a grown man tackle a kid and he ends up with a bruise? This sounds like 1 person lobbed a hotdog and missed, another drunk fan probably ran in to him or "tackled" him in the rush to get out, or the kid was being a brat (or his father? the article says father-son outing, was she even there?). The rush to get reporters off the lawn and turning down a free trip to a Jets game in a luxury box sounds awfully suspicious.

NOW, on the OTHER hand, if it is true? Fans need to tone it down, it's a game. Barely even enjoyable game anymore. Or leave your kids at home, make this about men again. Hell, I've been going to games since I was 8 and have been knocked around, my parents didn't cry to the Buffalo News, they knew where they were taking me.

/rant.

gebobs
08-28-2014, 09:59 AM
It's impossible to say what actually happened from this article and that trail is probably stone cold. A few possibilities occurred to me:

* Mom may have been a bit hysterical. Note that you don't read anything about the father's thoughts.

* The guy may have just been horsing around, went to fake tackle him, and knocked the boy down in his inebriation.

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2014, 10:18 AM
DISGUSTING!

Meathead
08-28-2014, 11:05 AM
i think we all have a little part of us that would like to beat up an eight year old jets fan

Skooby
08-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Maybe the kid had it coming ???

J/K.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-28-2014, 11:11 AM
i think we all have a little part of us that would like to beat up an eight year old jets fan

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081021033221/bullygame/images/d/d2/Swirlie.jpg

swiper
08-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Breaking news right there.

:rofl:

Meathead
08-28-2014, 11:32 AM
where the heck did you find that picture of me in my green vest?

CoolBreeze
08-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Oh it happens here... Long ago when I was 14 my dad and mom took me and my 7 year old brother to a Bills-Packers preseason game. My dad and me are Bills fans. My mother and brother are Packer fans. We left after the third quarter. In the parking lot some drunken moron almost clipped us with his truck, then slowed down, rolled down his window and called my little 7 year old brother in his Brett Farve jersey and cheesehead a f'in a-hole...classless. Lets just say I wish to god i was as old then as I am now.

ublinkwescore
08-28-2014, 12:34 PM
he blamed the jets for his inability to bbq hot dogs since he must have burned them quite bad in order for them to cause ANY kind of injury. Then he took it out on the one person donning jets apparel whom he knew he could take. giant sandy vagina.

Fletch
08-28-2014, 02:32 PM
It's impossible to say what actually happened from this article and that trail is probably stone cold. A few possibilities occurred to me:

* Mom may have been a bit hysterical. Note that you don't read anything about the father's thoughts.

* The guy may have just been horsing around, went to fake tackle him, and knocked the boy down in his inebriation.

I cannot imagine under any circumstances a mom not stearing well clear of anything even appearing to be unruly fans.

gebobs
08-29-2014, 12:51 AM
I cannot imagine under any circumstances a mom not stearing well clear of anything even appearing to be unruly fans.

She wasn't there.