PDA

View Full Version : Marrone: "We haven't shown anything (playbook)."

Skooby
08-28-2014, 08:57 PM
Possum confirmed by the coach, goodluck defeating us !!!!!!!

SpikedLemonade
08-28-2014, 08:58 PM
**** him!

Fletch
08-28-2014, 09:00 PM
He should just shut up. Every time he opens his mouth nothing encouraging or intelligent comes out.

CommissarSpartacus
08-28-2014, 09:03 PM
If we haven't run the playbook, how do we know we can actually do it?

SpikedLemonade
08-28-2014, 09:05 PM

Arrogance.

The arrogance that comes from inexperienced NFL coaches who felt good about getting a little sister like Syracuse to a best 8-5 in 3 years.

Fletch
08-28-2014, 09:07 PM
Hey, but they made the Tampax Independence Bowl or whatever TF it was.

Skooby
08-28-2014, 09:09 PM
Proof's in the pudding but we didn't change QB's in the last few weeks many years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, but they made the Tampax Independence Bowl or whatever TF it was.

Technically speaking, it was a bloodbath.

OpIv37
08-28-2014, 09:11 PM
we hear this BS every single year.

And people get excited about the D without stopping to think that maybe- just maybe- our opponents are doing the same thing. Cognitive dissonance at its finest.

DynaPaul
08-28-2014, 09:11 PM
No, he meant we haven't shown anything period in the preseason and won't during the regular season either. Lol.

JoeMama
08-28-2014, 09:12 PM
The word "playbook" in parentheses should be taken out of the thread title and replaced with "We haven't shown anything (ability to play football)"

UltimateBillsFan
08-28-2014, 09:15 PM
What a bull **** cop out. Hone up to the pathetic play out of the offensive line that is your baby, Marrone.

Ingtar33
08-28-2014, 10:00 PM
I'd buy it if i didn't just watch wr after wr break loose today and ej look at them then check down to something else.

Mace
08-28-2014, 10:05 PM

This is the magic of expectation for another season ahead. We might be able to, sort of.

Thurmal
08-28-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm going to loathe watching our good defense play great for 3 quarters, then just give up b/c they know the offense can't carry their weight. And i won't blame them one bit.

jamze132
08-29-2014, 01:26 AM
What a BS excuse.

Just about ready for the new regime to start over... Again.

gebobs
08-29-2014, 01:37 AM
Where the heck was Watkins again? Is this guy Tim Connelly's cousin?

Bunion
08-29-2014, 01:43 AM
'Laces out'.

stuckincincy
08-29-2014, 02:14 AM

Watkins was targeted once by Manuel in the 1st quarter. Pass was incomplete. Re-injured his ribs...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24685390/bills-wr-sammy-watkins-leaves-game-after-re-injuring-ribs-against-lions

gebobs
08-29-2014, 02:22 AM
Watkins was targeted once by Manuel in the 1st quarter. Pass was incomplete. Re-injured his ribs...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24685390/bills-wr-sammy-watkins-leaves-game-after-re-injuring-ribs-against-lions

I just saw the play. What a f@g.

Good job Whaley. Moron.

stuckincincy
08-29-2014, 02:40 AM
I just saw the play. What a f@g.

Good job Whaley. Moron.

Da'Norris Searcy caught a pass for 5 yds. from Palmer in the 3rd.

Must have been a peek at the regular season playbook...

Historian
08-29-2014, 03:56 AM
That flat out stunk last night.

Poorest execution Ive seen all preseason.

No pride whatsoever.

swiper
08-29-2014, 04:18 AM

Obviously he's lying and deflecting for the incredibly poor preseason showing. He won't be able to do that any more - starting now.

I give it three weeks of sucking before fans heap it on Whaley looking for a new QB.

Meathead
08-29-2014, 04:26 AM
seasons over. roll up the astroturf at the ralph. in fact, just forfeit the next three seasons. doomed

YardRat
08-29-2014, 05:04 AM
Can't wait to see what the 'real' playbook looks like against Chicago.

Forward_Lateral
08-29-2014, 05:21 AM
Jesse Palmer sucks. Or is it Jordan?

Whichever one it is, sucks. What a turd. I'd rather have Thad back.

Turf
08-29-2014, 07:10 AM
Seriously, Thad was better, even Dixon. You mean the handoff up the middle fake rollout isn't in the real play like all last year? Thank God!!

ServoBillieves
08-29-2014, 07:31 AM
Palmer has been here 4 dwys total. Hogan and co weren't really helping with the drops. I don't think he's good but asking for Thad and Dixon back is a bit too extreme.

better days
08-29-2014, 07:40 AM
Can't wait to see what the 'real' playbook looks like against Chicago.

And it is obvious to all but the most myopic that EJ will be the QB this year.

But unless Hackett shows something in the first few games, he needs to be replaced ASAP.

EDS
08-29-2014, 07:55 AM
Jesse Palmer sucks. Or is it Jordan?

Whichever one it is, sucks. What a turd. I'd rather have Thad back.

Palmer was not signed because he can play, he was signed because he is going to coach-up/mentor EJ into becoming a better QB . . .

better days
08-29-2014, 07:59 AM
Palmer was not signed because he can play, he was signed because he is going to coach-up/mentor EJ into becoming a better QB . . .

And he knows the Bears playbook.

EDS
08-29-2014, 08:13 AM
And he knows the Bears playbook.

If that was why they signed him then they would have been better off signing an AFC East QB discard so we could leverage their knowledge of the playbook in two games rather than one.

ServoBillieves
08-29-2014, 08:23 AM

Post of the Year candidate.

better days
08-29-2014, 08:45 AM
If that was why they signed him then they would have been better off signing an AFC East QB discard so we could leverage their knowledge of the playbook in two games rather than one.

Which AFC East QB do you think they should have signed?

EDS
08-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Which AFC East QB do you think they should have signed?

Whichever gets cut, it doesn't matter if they can play or not if we just want them to gain insight into the oppositions playbook.

better days
08-29-2014, 09:11 AM
Whichever gets cut, it doesn't matter if they can play or not if we just want them to gain insight into the oppositions playbook.

Well, up to this point NOBODY has been cut from an AFC East team, which was my point.

I think the Bills want a vet behind EJ, so I don't expect them to sign some prospect to replace Palmer.

The fact Palmer knows the Bears playbook is icing on the cake.

I could see them signing Mallett if he gets cut by the Pats*

Forward_Lateral
08-29-2014, 09:16 AM

Why was he playing last night? Tuel should've been out there gaining experience. No reason to play Palmer if what you said is true. In fact, why not just hire him as a coach and not waste a roster spot?

JoeMama
08-29-2014, 09:39 AM
Why was he playing last night? Tuel should've been out there gaining experience. No reason to play Palmer if what you said is true. In fact, why not just hire him as a coach and not waste a roster spot?

I do not and cannot understand the logic behind throwing Jordan Palmer out there 48 hours after being signed.

He doesn't know the playbook. He doesn't know the receivers. Hell, he probably doesn't know half the guys' names yet. What did Marrone possibly expect from him?

Final stat line: 9 of 22 for 73 yards and three interceptions. And it's not like he's ever been very good to begin with. So why bother with that bizarre experiment?

Might as well give Jeff Tuel one last opportunity to show something since he's familiar with the playbook.

So much disorganization and confusion and ineptitude going on right now. What a complete disaster the last 5 weeks have been.

Forward_Lateral
08-29-2014, 09:42 AM
I do not and cannot understand the logic behind throwing Jordan Palmer out there 48 hours after being signed.

He doesn't know the playbook. He doesn't know the receivers. Hell, he probably doesn't know half the guys' names yet. What did Marrone possibly expect from him?

Final stat line: 9 of 22 for 73 yards and three interceptions. And it's not like he's ever been very good to begin with. So why bother with that bizarre experiment?

Might as well give Jeff Tuel one last opportunity to show something since he's familiar with the playbook.

So much disorganization and confusion and ineptitude going on right now. What a complete disaster the last 5 weeks have been.

It was the exact same thing when they signed Leinhart last year (or was it 2 years ago) and threw him out there for the final preseason game. Stupid. Makes no sense.

JoeMama
08-29-2014, 09:44 AM
It was the exact same thing when they signed Leinhart last year (or was it 2 years ago) and threw him out there for the final preseason game. Stupid. Makes no sense.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity, I guess.

Mahdi
08-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Well, up to this point NOBODY has been cut from an AFC East team, which was my point.

I think the Bills want a vet behind EJ, so I don't expect them to sign some prospect to replace Palmer.

The fact Palmer knows the Bears playbook is icing on the cake.

I could see them signing Mallett if he gets cut by the Pats*

Brady Quinn was cut from the Dolphins a few days ago.

Mahdi
08-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Guys obviously Marrone isn't going to tip his hand in the PRESEASON! Its just stupid PRESEASON, why let opponents know all your best plays?????

He's waiting for the super bowl....