PDA

View Full Version : Quotes from training camp... 2015 edition

JohnnyGold
08-29-2014, 05:22 AM
This season is clearly over, and with it the "optimism" that we briefly felt during July when training camp opened and it seemed like anything was possible: hell, I still remember the vine of Sammy Watkins catching a (overthrown, inaccurate EJ) pass with one hand.

So, looking ahead to next training camp, what are some quotes that we're going to read that assure us all is right in Bills nation, and 2015 will be our team, our town, our time, for real this time though.

"It just feels good to be playing man, getting in sync with a new guy, and getting that time on the field I wasn't able to last year."
-Sammy Watkins on developing chemistry with a new QB, and his injury plagued 2014 campaign

"With the time I spent with coach (Gilbride) in NY, it's been a pretty easy transition for me to learn the offense here, come in, and just be ready to play football and win some games."
-Eli Manning on reuniting with former offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride

"Every player in this league is competing for a starting job. With E here, I'm just trying to soak up everything I can from him in the meeting room, on the practice field, on the sideline, wherever. That's a Super Bowl winning quarterback and it's been great having him here."
-EJ Manuel on adjusting to his newfound role as a backup

"Things are different, for sure. I've seen a lot of changes in my time here, but it feels like things are going in a good direction now, and me and the guys are liking what Terry has done."
-Fred Jackson addresses the changes brought by Terry Pegula to the Bills organization

"I think football starts in the trenches, and we obviously have some good players up front. You know, obviously you want to get that push from the guys up front to run the ball, and obviously when it comes to passing you want to have that protection. But look, I tell you guys this all the time, I'm a straightforward kind of guy, so, you know, obviously if we can stay healthy and win some football games we're going to be doing what we're obviously trying to do around here. And you'll obviously see that."
-Doug Marrone on Lincoln High School's chances of advancing to the playoffs this season

YardRat
08-29-2014, 05:49 AM
lol...nice