PDA

View Full Version : Bills Are 6.5 Point Underdogs Against Chicago

BillsImpossible
08-29-2014, 06:34 PM
http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_point_spreads.shtml

Will the Bears beat the Bills by a touchdown or more?

Generally speaking, the Bills have a good defense and the Bears have a good offense.

The Bills have a weak offense, and the Bears have a weak defense.

I don't really care about the point spread, all that matters to me is who wins.

Good defense vs. bad defense?

40 runs, 20 passes.

Bills win.

ServoBillieves
08-29-2014, 06:35 PM
Oh how the spectacles turn rosy so fast...

TacklingDummy
08-29-2014, 06:36 PM
Spread seems odd.

Guess they didn't want to give out +10 week 1.

Meathead
08-29-2014, 06:37 PM
nice fat spread for an opener tho right now. too bad i gave up betting on sports twenty years ago lol. but ill bet wtf are they called zonebucks i think. ill bet zb on the bills +6.5

Mr. Pink
08-29-2014, 06:38 PM
You could double that spread and the Bears would still cover.

I expect something in the neighborhood of 31-13 with Manuel leading a TD drive in garbage time to inflate his stats.

Meathead
08-29-2014, 06:40 PM
gonna be a close game. bills probably not as ready to pull out a win as da bears so its prolly a loss but its gonna be a lot closer than the totally freaking the funk out fanbase thinks

Mr. Pink
08-29-2014, 06:41 PM
gonna be a close game. bills probably not as ready to pull out a win as da bears so its prolly a loss but its gonna be a lot closer than the totally freaking the funk out fanbase thinks

Did you see what the Tampa Bay first team offense did against this D?

Chicago and Tampa run similar offenses with big receivers and multi-dimensional RBs. Chicago just has an even better QB doing it.

You really expect close in Soldier Field?

bleve
08-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Is that 6.5 per quarter?

BillsImpossible
08-29-2014, 06:46 PM
200 plus yards for CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson?

BillsImpossible
08-29-2014, 06:50 PM
Oh how the spectacles turn rosy so fast...

Rosy spectacles and beer make it fun.

Oh Ye of little faith, have hope in the Schwartz. His defense beat the Bears twice last year, and now he has a better defense to work with.

Thurmal
08-29-2014, 06:55 PM
If you put an enormous money on the Bears (-6.5), you know the Bills would lose 20-14 just to be dicks.

Meathead
08-29-2014, 07:00 PM
preseason means literally nothing to me. personnel wise this team is an average nfl team now. just like any average team they need some guys to come through, and they are thin at a couple spots. they are most exposed at qb but ej still is an unknown and could arrive as an average starter (or not) some time this year. if he does that earlier than later they are around ten win territory. if he flops and/or gets injured then yeah six wins-ish

yall are gloomin and doomin cuz youre putting waytf too much weight on preseason. didnt matter what happened this preseason, doesnt even really matter a ton what happens the first game or two. their sophomore season is the earliest most reliable nfl qbs start to arrive in that sense. all emotion aside, thats the way it always was gonna be with ej. even if ej started out on fire, wouldnt matter. even if ej blows in chicago, doesnt really matter. he could still easily rebound and become a playmaker this season. just like any other second year starter

all this other wailing and moaning and gnashing of teeth is really just theater. ohh im positive ej is the next trentative or loserman ohh its never gonna get better ohh its over man, over i tells ya

ejs never gonna be the drop back laser guided guy, if hes successful its gonna have to be running around keeping plays alive and making stuff happen with his legs and creativity. he will mix in wtf throws with holy cow plays, be hot some weeks and cold others, but overall productive enough to have a chance to win. could be this season, could be next, could be never

cant possibly know which one it is now so jump on the ej bandwagon and we will have to figure out later whether we shoulda been throwing confetti or feces

- - - Updated - - -

If you put an enormous money on the Bears (-6.5), you know the Bills would lose 20-14 just to be dicks.

then youd win, no?

YardRat
08-29-2014, 07:10 PM
I'll take the points...I still have a good feeling about this game.

chris66
08-29-2014, 07:30 PM
taking Chicago on this one. bills are a dreadful rd team

YardRat
08-29-2014, 07:35 PM
It's probably best they do open on the road...getting booed three weeks in a row at home wouldn't bode well.

chris66
08-29-2014, 07:55 PM
natives are getting restless.
this is a strange start of the season. The last time the bills had a talented roster like this was 04, but every time you watch EJ play you wonder if they are going to win a game. he looks worst than he did last year.

I would have liked to see what fitz could do with this team.

jamze132
08-29-2014, 07:57 PM
Rosy spectacles and beer make it fun.

Oh Ye of little faith, have hope in the Schwartz. His defense beat the Bears twice last year, and now he has a better defense to work with.

Eh, he also had an offense that could score...

Mr. Pink
08-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Eh, he also had an offense that could score...

I was wondering if Schwartz brought over Stafford and Megatron.

Guess not!

Woodman
08-30-2014, 12:07 AM
23-20

Bills!

Historian
08-30-2014, 08:25 AM
The Bills have never won in Chicago...

Historian
08-30-2014, 08:27 AM
Correction: The Buffalo Bills beat the Chicago Rockets 31-14 on September 19, 1947!

RedEyE
08-30-2014, 11:18 AM
I dont know. They'll probably lose by more. Its a good game to start the season with. Garbage NFC game that wont count against the conference or division if they do lose. Get the bugs and jitters outof the way. Miami is more important.

Novacane
08-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Bears to cover seems like the obvious choice but Vegas is right more often then not. They must have some inside info. I bet EJ has been fake sucking all preseason to trick the Bears.

kishoph
08-30-2014, 12:27 PM
That's strange, the line was Bears -6 last month, the odds makers must have not seen the preseason. :scratch:

streetkings01
08-30-2014, 02:23 PM
The Bills have never won in Chicago...
I wonder how many guys on the current team have actually played a NFL game in Chicago?

kishoph
08-30-2014, 04:44 PM
I wonder how many guys on the current team have actually played a NFL game in Chicago?

As a Bill, none of them. The last time the Bills played in Chicago during the regular season was 1997.

Woodman
09-07-2014, 04:02 PM
23-20

Bills!

This guy know's his football. :D

BillsImpossible
09-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Bills were the better team today.