PDA

View Full Version : Bills "shopping" Urbik

Homegrown
08-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 10m

Bills have been gauging interest in OL Kraig Urbik, set to make $2.275M this season, and seemingly falling out of favor

I guess someone's gotta go on the OL to make room on the roster for Kouandjio....

The Jokeman
08-29-2014, 06:53 PM
I guess someone's gotta go on the OL to make room on the roster for Kouandjio....

I don't get it, with Chris Williams health a question mark why would we shop an OG? I love the press puts it as a cap thing but we have more than enough cap space to keep him around and it won't kill us.

Mace
08-29-2014, 07:46 PM
Sure wish I understood how Urbik got himself this deep into the doghouse. Will be ridiculous if they keep Legursky and dump Urbik.

Mr. Pink
08-29-2014, 07:47 PM
He's only the best guard on the roster, why keep him?

There has to be a 5th round pick to find out there!

ServoBillieves
08-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Get a 7th for him, fill his spot with... oh wait...

streetkings01
08-29-2014, 08:10 PM
Marrone has had a beef with Urbik since he got hired........something about Urbik turned him off.

Mace
08-29-2014, 08:14 PM
Marrone has had a beef with Urbik since he got hired........something about Urbik turned him off.

Still seems weird to me, Eric Wood calls Urbik, "Urbik".

"Urbik knows what he’s doing at center. He’s been one of the backups at center since he got here so he knows what he is doing and from what I saw, it looked like he did a pretty good job today," starting center Eric Wood said after Monday's practice.

Dr. Lecter
08-29-2014, 08:25 PM
I don't get it, with Chris Williams health a question mark why would we shop an OG? I love the press puts it as a cap thing but we have more than enough cap space to keep him around and it won't kill us.

While I agree, they still have Legursky and Richardson as reserves. So Urbik is not necessarily needed.

Scumbag College
08-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Getting rid of guys that can start and play well...this is the Bills' model of success.

Mace
08-29-2014, 09:55 PM
While I agree, they still have Legursky and Richardson as reserves. So Urbik is not necessarily needed.

Um, Legursky ? Really ?

Dr. Lecter
08-29-2014, 10:05 PM
Um, Legursky ? Really ?
I know he sucks. I am thinking like the Bills will. He is cheaper

Mace
08-29-2014, 10:06 PM
I know he sucks. I am thinking like the Bills will. He is cheaper

There's that.

stuckincincy
08-30-2014, 12:17 PM

Their cap is in pretty good shape.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2014/

That's without Orton, but I'd guess he's run them a million and a half - tops. That leaves them around $8M, a common (IMO) figure for in-season injury purchases.

BertSquirtgum
08-30-2014, 12:33 PM
Still seems weird to me, Eric Wood calls Urbik, "Urbik".

Why? I call half of my friends by their last name.

Mace
08-30-2014, 05:06 PM

Well, yes, some people in life basically need to be called by their last name. You just don't see it much in football among teammates on the same unit, though in hockey you are expected to call teammates by their last names adding a "y" or "ie".

Come to think of it, Urbik does look like someone I'd call "Urbik" if I knew him.

casdhf
08-30-2014, 05:13 PM
So one guy .... Not impressive