PDA

View Full Version : How About QB Terrelle Pryor?

SpikedLemonade
08-29-2014, 07:57 PM
Check who beat him out...

Seahawks released QB Terrelle Pryor.

Pryor loses out to Tarvaris Jackson for the backup job in Seattle. Despite his limitations as a passer, Pryor's unique physical traits should ensure he is not on the street for long. Pryor completed 21-of-39 passes for 281 yards (7.2 YPA), a touchdown and two interceptions this preseason. He added 97 yards and a touchdown on the ground.

jamze132
08-29-2014, 07:58 PM
He's too good for the Bills roster...

IlluminatusUIUC
08-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Sure why not

The King
08-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Do it.

ServoBillieves
08-29-2014, 08:04 PM
He's better than the crap we have now. Bring 'im in!

YardRat
08-29-2014, 08:07 PM
I'd still like to know the inside scoop on TJax and his time here.

Night Train
08-29-2014, 08:18 PM
He's an athlete playing QB.. but can take off on long runs and hit some nice passes. Checks down frequently, like a lot of inexperienced QB's do a little much... but that's because he forced some bad throws as a Raider last year trying to do too much.. 11 Ints-7 TD's...

Carroll told him to protect the ball and may have helped him some this summer.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him claimed.

Mr. Pink
08-29-2014, 08:19 PM
He's the kind of player that fans will be clamoring for by the bye week.

Can't have someone that could potentially challenge EJ for the starting job. On the field, in the locker room, in the fanbase, all of the above.

Mace
08-29-2014, 08:22 PM
He's an athlete playing QB.. but can take off on long runs and hit some nice passes. Checks down frequently, like a lot of inexperienced QB's do a little much... but that's because he forced some bad throws as a Raider last year trying to do too much.. 11 Ints-7 TD's...

Carroll told him to protect the ball and may have helped him some this summer.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him claimed.

Oh yeah, someone will. Just wouldn't surprise me much for the Bills to back up a project QB with a project QB. I mean he's no Thad Lewis but hey. It seems to make sense in their world so who am I to fight it. Technically Brady Quinn is a vet too to "mentor" and I'm not sure any QB signing will surprise me much again.

YardRat
08-29-2014, 08:24 PM

Can't have someone that could potentially challenge EJ for the starting job. On the field, in the locker room, in the fanbase, all of the above.

I don't know why some keep harping on this point. The team invested a first-round pick on him, and they are going to give him more than one season (10 games) to prove whether or not he was worth it. No ****, Sherlock. Accept it and move on.

Mace
08-29-2014, 08:24 PM

We may have already gone past that boundary, I was thirsting for a QB controversy with Jordan Palmer who was Jordan Palmer.

Mr. Pink
08-29-2014, 08:32 PM
I don't know why some keep harping on this point. The team invested a first-round pick on him, and they are going to give him more than one season (10 games) to prove whether or not he was worth it. No ****, Sherlock. Accept it and move on.

I didn't create the thread for Pryor did I? Direct your quote at the appropriate person.

No one of value will be brought in at the QB position, although another bum will likely be brought aboard to play 3rd string and very well may get in some game action.

Don't worry though, if another team releases an NFL ready type QB...there will be a thread about signing him too.

Hell people are on the sign Kyle Orton kick. And there were people who said Rex Grossman should have been given a look.

I agree with you, it's EJ's ship sink or, well, sink. And to be honest that ****ing blows since it's been 14 years of no relevant football and a missed opportunity with how good the rest of the squad is.

GingerP
08-29-2014, 10:24 PM
Pryor will have to clear waivers, so if the Bills want to claim him they have to hope St. Louis doesn't first.

Jeff1220
08-29-2014, 10:31 PM
On Twitter, Tim Graham said he sent a message to a source in the front office asking about the possibility of Pryor. The text he received in return - "LOL"
(Sorry for no link. Look it up)

swiper
08-30-2014, 05:43 AM

People who keep "harping on it" actually watch him play, understand what they are looking at, and can plainly see what a misfire that pick was.

Accuracy - fail
field presence - fail
footwork - fail
confidence - fail
agility - fail
toughness - fail
mobility - fail
field of vision - fail
reading defenses - fail
arm strength - fair

It's never too soon to admit your failures and move on, if you can make improvements. They can keep him, let him hold a clipboard and learn. He wasn't ready to start right out of the box.

YardRat
08-30-2014, 05:46 AM
I didn't create the thread for Pryor did I? Direct your quote at the appropriate person.

No one of value will be brought in at the QB position, although another bum will likely be brought aboard to play 3rd string and very well may get in some game action.

Don't worry though, if another team releases an NFL ready type QB...there will be a thread about signing him too.

Hell people are on the sign Kyle Orton kick. And there were people who said Rex Grossman should have been given a look.

I agree with you, it's EJ's ship sink or, well, sink. And to be honest that ****ing blows since it's been 14 years of no relevant football and a missed opportunity with how good the rest of the squad is.

You're the one that keeps harping on the team's reluctance to bring anybody in to challenge for the starting job, pretty sure the OP wasn't relative to those comments.

That's the point...they aren't looking for a starter, they are looking for a back-up. I'll re-iterate...No ****, Sherlock.

YardRat
08-30-2014, 05:50 AM
People who keep "harping on it" actually watch him play, understand what they are looking at, and can plainly see what a misfire that pick was.

Accuracy - fail
field presence - fail
footwork - fail
confidence - fail
agility - fail
toughness - fail
mobility - fail
field of vision - fail
reading defenses - fail
arm strength - fair

It's never too soon to admit your failures and move on, if you can make improvements. They can keep him, let him hold a clipboard and learn. He wasn't ready to start right out of the box.

If you think you're so goddamn football smart, why does the point keep sailing over you're head? They are putting their eggs in EJ's basket, and are going to give him more than 10 games to sack up or flame out. Whether you agree with that philosophy or not, and for whatever reasons, is moot...it is what it is.

Mahdi
08-30-2014, 07:10 AM
Pryor would be a great add. A QB that can move the chains with his feet and make some throws would be a great compliment to Our RBs.

The kid can run for 80 yards a game and if he can throw for 150 then we give our D a lot of rest.

Pryor would be better for this team than Orton.

stuckincincy
08-30-2014, 12:41 PM
I wonder what Brad Smith is doing these days. :sorry:

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2014, 03:06 PM
It doesn't matter. This late season circus that the FO has put on has completely sealed their fate. New owner will flush the toilet and hire a new FO. #deadmenwalking

stuckincincy
08-30-2014, 03:13 PM
It doesn't matter. This late season circus that the FO has put on has completely sealed their fate. New owner will flush the toilet and hire a new FO.

Absolutely so. The only survivors will be the custodial staff.

Mouldsie
08-31-2014, 12:55 PM
Pryor scores TD's, but who would want that?
Yes his metrics are bad but I'd rather have a playmaker like him over Tuel or EJ.

Glad we have Orton though.