• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Spiller and Watkins

While this team still has some very obvious concerns, I see no reason that these two shouldn't be total studs this year. Their talent is elite for their positions. The line is improved to a point where they should be able to get in a position to make big plays on a frequent basis. Watkins should honestly be able to help free up things for Spiller more so than at any point since he has been as a Bill. Manuel honestly needs to be no more than average to get optimal production from the two of them. Hackett just needs to get out of his own way and not call plays in a counter-intuitive manner. If either of those prove to be the issue (which they very well could), then it will be a huge disappointment because I really think we are sitting on two gems here and that offensive production will be the difference between 6-10 and 10-6. There's no reason at the end of the year that their numbers shouldn't look like this:

Watkins - 70 catches, 1100 yards, 8 TDs
    Spiller - 1500 total yards, 12 TDs

No excuses this year... maximize production for these two and get a near top 10 performance out of our D and we have a real chance at ending this thing. Fail and Hackett and Manuel's backsides are on the line.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Spiller and Watkins

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
    While this team still has some very obvious concerns, I see no reason that these two shouldn't be total studs this year. Their talent is elite for their positions. The line is improved to a point where they should be able to get in a position to make big plays on a frequent basis. Watkins should honestly be able to help free up things for Spiller more so than at any point since he has been as a Bill. Manuel honestly needs to be no more than average to get optimal production from the two of them. Hackett just needs to get out of his own way and not call plays in a counter-intuitive manner. If either of those prove to be the issue (which they very well could), then it will be a huge disappointment because I really think we are sitting on two gems here and that offensive production will be the difference between 6-10 and 10-6. There's no reason at the end of the year that their numbers shouldn't look like this:

Watkins - 70 catches, 1100 yards, 8 TDs
    Spiller - 1500 total yards, 12 TDs

No excuses this year... maximize production for these two and get a near top 10 performance out of our D and we have a real chance at ending this thing. Fail and Hackett and Manuel's backsides are on the line.

Hackett and EJ

Comment

• sudzy
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
      Hackett and EJ
      That's were I was going too.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        Hackett and EJ
        More EJ.

Teams won't respect the passing game making it that much harder to run the ball.

Plus he'll get injured as usual.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Yes but the other way around works as well. Teams don't respect the pass and key on the run, opening up lanes for EJ to pass to a wide open Sammy. I can see that too.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
            Yes but the other way around works as well. Teams don't respect the pass and key on the run, opening up lanes for EJ to pass to a wide open Sammy. I can see that too.

You mean overthrow a wide open Sammy!

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Or get sacked cause he can't decided if Sammy is open enough. Or dump it down to Freddie cause Sammy is open past 10 yds from the LOS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

EJ's health may have the most to do with how we end up doing this season.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                  EJ's health may have the most to do with how we end up doing this season.
                  Yet things look a little better now that we have Orton as a backup just incase EJ does get hurt.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Jun 2003

I hope EJ does get hurt so we can see our WR's get the looks they deserve.
                    Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Dirty looks?
                      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

So you think Spiller and Watkins will have 20 TD's this season? We will be lucky if the whole offense scores that many.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          So you think Spiller and Watkins will have 20 TD's this season? We will be lucky if the whole offense scores that many.
                          I think if they get 9 TDs combined it's possible. Again people need to have realistic expectations of Watkins, he's a rookie that is going to be competing with Williams and Woods for playing time. I think if we get 40 catches 500 yards and 3 TDs from him it's a successful season. Spiller is tough to gauge because he has the skills but injuries and Freddie Jackson play a big part of what he can do, I'm hoping 1100 yards rushing 300 receiving and 6 TDs.

Comment

• Gibby
                            • Jun 2006

You bring a valid point. This team could have a winning record, maybe not playoffs, but a winning record if they would play to their strengths. Barring injury I like our running back committee. You'd think that if we didn't try to rely too heavily on the pass that we'd be a nice smash mouth, ball control, clock eating team that kept you off the field for 40 some odd minutes and when you focused on the run, you'd get burned by a zip to Watkins. This team should do this, unfortunately, this team won't do this and as a result we will spend the first 3 quarters going three and out and being kept alive by the D, and then the fourth quarter will role around, our D will be gassed and our O will continue to sputter. There's a reason I said 5-11 this year. Actually, I cannot even point to five games that are surefire wins.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              You realize that's 9 points a game, right?

The point is what SHOULD happen. There's at least half the teams in th NFL where if they had these to guys hose kind of numbers would be the expectation. I think it should be here as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X