YardRat
08-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Sam released by Rams.

Mr. Pink
08-30-2014, 05:25 PM
NO cut Champ Bailey
STL cut Michael Sam
CLE cut Leon McFadden

I only listed McFadden because he was a 2nd round pick last year and would work well as a 4th corner around here.

YardRat
08-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Yawin Smallwood and Pat Angerer cut by Falcons.

YardRat
08-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Green-Ellis and Wilder Jr cut by Bengals

Mr. Miyagi
08-30-2014, 05:44 PM
Lol poor guy's name is smallwood??

The Jokeman
08-30-2014, 05:53 PM
Lol poor guy's name is smallwood??

I thought he be on our radar as a 3rd Round pick as he had good stats at UConn but ended up a 7th Rounder. I wouldn't shock to see him on a PS.

The Jokeman
08-30-2014, 05:54 PM
Jets cut WR Hill and QB Boyd.

The Jets have very little at WR and a little shock by that move to cut Hill. Granted I could be biased because the guy killed the Bills the few times we played them. Yet I'm sure he'll be one someone's 53 man before the season kicks off.

Mace
08-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Kelvin Sheppard gets the boot from Indy, looks like the Hughes/Sheppard trade has a clear winner.

Scumbag College
08-30-2014, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't mind taking a look at Hill and axing Hogan. Hill had some pretty shoddy QB play with the Jets and his size and speed are rare. Hill can begin as the Bills' fifth receiver for a few weeks until he learns the system some.

Turf
08-30-2014, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't mind taking a look at Hill and axing Hogan. Hill had some pretty shoddy QB play with the Jets and his size and speed are rare. Hill can begin as the Bills' fifth receiver for a few weeks until he learns the system some.

Being our system is run straight down the field into the db, I'd say he could be ready in an hour.

ServoBillieves
08-30-2014, 07:03 PM
AQ Shipley cut by the Ravens.

Mr. Pink
08-30-2014, 07:05 PM

Nate Burleson would be a decent pickup to add a veteran presence among the young receiver corps.

He can't stay healthy but if you're bringing him in to be the 4th or 5th WR he won't be on the field much anyway and can tutor the young guys at the position.

ckg927
08-30-2014, 07:14 PM
Sam released by Rams.

For now, at least. Penny to a pound he makes the practice squad.

GreedoII
08-30-2014, 07:19 PM
nobody worth spit so far

Dr. Lecter
08-30-2014, 07:27 PM
For now, at least. Penny to a pound he makes the practice squad.

If he makes it through waivers

Mace
08-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Nate Burleson would be a decent pickup to add a veteran presence among the young receiver corps.

He can't stay healthy but if you're bringing him in to be the 4th or 5th WR he won't be on the field much anyway and can tutor the young guys at the position.

I think Burleson is about done. Chronic hamstring. Hamstrings are usually conditioning injuries, but in his case I think they're about worn out. Might be better to just hire him as a receivers coach except we already have a Syracuse guy who can clearly do better.

casdhf
08-30-2014, 09:11 PM
If he makes it through waivers
He sucks

Meathead
08-31-2014, 03:52 AM
askew cut by bills

swiper
08-31-2014, 05:06 AM
Jets cut WR Hill and QB Boyd.

More notable is they cut Matt Simms. Who is much better than Jeff Tuel.

swiper
08-31-2014, 05:08 AM
I thought he be on our radar as a 3rd Round pick as he had good stats at UConn but ended up a 7th Rounder. I wouldn't shock to see him on a PS.

He was getting some pre-draft buzz. At least around here. He was projected to go higher than he did.

swiper
08-31-2014, 05:10 AM
The Jets have very little at WR and a little shock by that move to cut Hill. Granted I could be biased because the guy killed the Bills the few times we played them. Yet I'm sure he'll be one someone's 53 man before the season kicks off.

Most significant move: It's unusual for a team to dump a second-round pick after only two seasons, but the Jets ran out of patience with wide receiverStephen Hill (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14910/stephen-hill?ex_cid=null). His agent blames the Jets (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11436087/new-york-jets-cut-stephen-hill) for stunting Hill's development, and he's right on a couple of counts. They rushed him into the lineup as a rookie when he wasn't ready (he played in the triple option in college), and he was slowed by instability at the quarterback position. He also didn't receive a lot of public love from Rex Ryan, who never seemed to embrace Hill. That said, Hill has to take some accountability, too. He's a soft, immature, one-dimensional player who doesn't play with fire. The Jets made the right move. He wasn't one of their top five receivers, and he doesn't play special teams.

swiper
08-31-2014, 05:34 AM
Is Eben Britton better than Hairston & Kuoandijo?

YardRat
08-31-2014, 05:49 AM
A significant non-cut is Mallett in New England.

A few LBers that many had their eyes on for the Bills to draft (Bullough, Skov, Smallwood) were released.

EricStratton
08-31-2014, 06:38 AM
A significant non-cut is Mallett in New England.

A few LBers that many had their eyes on for the Bills to draft (Bullough, Skov, Smallwood) were released.

That did surprise me Yard. I was at the giants/pats game Thursday and Mallett didn't see a snap and the rookie wasn't awful (not great but not awful).

streetkings01
08-31-2014, 11:42 AM
Hill is a taller version of TJ Graham. Fast, good straight line speed and a body catcher. No thanks!

ServoBillieves
08-31-2014, 11:51 AM
Is Eben Britton better than Hairston & Kuoandijo?

For some reason when I saw he was released this exact thought went through my head. Then I remembered seeing this quote:

Reportedly angry about not being drafted in the first round, Britton said: "I'm gonna work my ass off for the Jacksonville Jaguars and people are gonna regret it. I've got my own agenda, and that's first and foremost to take the Jacksonville Jaguars to the Super Bowl. Secondly, I'm gonna be the greatest offensive tackle to ever play this game."[ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eben_Britton#cite_note-5)

Sounds eerily similar to someone who threw a frown party for not being picked in the first round...

TacklingDummy
08-31-2014, 11:57 AM
Wish the Saints would cut Brees.