PDA

View Full Version : Can the Bills bench EJ before week 1?

TakingItuptheChin
08-31-2014, 04:02 PM
We have a much better chance of making the playoffs if Orton is the starter than this worthless bum and perennial loser, EJ Manuel. EJ was absolute crap in the 5 pre season games against 1st stringers and I'm absolutely sure he will crap out again in the regular season.

I predict:

13 - 3 if Orton plays the entire season
4 - 12 if EJ plays the entire season

Novacane
08-31-2014, 04:12 PM
You highly overrate Kyle Orton

ServoBillieves
08-31-2014, 04:14 PM
No.

YardRat
08-31-2014, 04:16 PM
OK, who is the loser that doesn't have the balls to sack up and post under their existing username?

Skooby
08-31-2014, 04:16 PM
If we cut EJ, not one other team would retain his services to start. Yet, he's great for our starting QB.

Skooby
08-31-2014, 04:19 PM
OK, who is the loser that doesn't have the balls to sack up and post under their existing username?

The one who smelt it.....

BillsOverDolphins
08-31-2014, 04:44 PM
If we cut EJ, not one other team would retain his services to start. Yet, he's great for our starting QB.

Anybody care to refute this statement?

Didn't think so.

Novacane
08-31-2014, 04:57 PM
Anybody care to refute this statement?

Didn't think so.

It can't be refuted. It's a fact. Still doesn't change the fact that thread after thread about EJ sucking is past the point of ridicules. He is who we are stuck with for now.

BillsOverDolphins
08-31-2014, 05:05 PM
It can't be refuted. It's a fact. Still doesn't change the fact that thread after thread about EJ sucking is past the point of ridicules. He is who we are stuck with for now.

I hear ya, but it's therapeutic to ***** about. Football is the greatest sport on earth, yet we are guaranteed another year of no playoffs b/c of this guy

Night Train
08-31-2014, 05:06 PM

First, they'd have to own an initial set of balls.

ServoBillieves
08-31-2014, 05:18 PM
I hear ya, but it's therapeutic to ***** about. Football is the greatest sport on earth, yet we are guaranteed another year of no playoffs b/c of this guy

Defense and a solid running game... Please God give us a great defense and a solid running game...

Mr. Pink
08-31-2014, 05:40 PM
With Orton this is an 8-10 win football team with a shot of getting the 6 seed.

With EJ this is a 5 win football team that's giving Cleveland a top 10 pick.

Skooby
08-31-2014, 06:27 PM

It's in stone. Also our OC is about as old as Orton, so they should be able to communicate together at a better level than a ~24 year guy with bad footwork.

JoeMama
08-31-2014, 06:51 PM

I agree.

This is sort of a dated analogy, but I can see this team being like the 2001 Bears if we get some stability at QB. We don't need Kyle Orton to be Peyton Manning, we just need him to be like 2001 Jim Miller.

Miller didn't do anything great, he just quietly did his job, kept the offense in rhythm, and let the D create opportunities.

If EJ crashes and burns (I'd prefer he just magically improve though), I think Orton can help us win games.

Jry44
08-31-2014, 07:59 PM
If Kyle Orton is THAT good, then why in the hell hasn't he started a single game since getting benched for....... wait for it.... TIM TEBOW!?

I really like the signing. He's a solid vet that can manage a game for us. However to say that he can come in and win 13 games is profusely over rating the guy. He's on what... his 5th team?

Again, solid back up. And yes.... better than EJ. But he's not the savior that's taking us to the playoffs.

Turf
08-31-2014, 08:03 PM
This thread is just silly. No NFL team would do this. I hope you're not serious.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-31-2014, 08:03 PM
We have a much better chance of making the playoffs if Orton is the starter than this worthless bum and perennial loser, EJ Manuel. EJ was absolute crap in the 5 pre season games against 1st stringers and I'm absolutely sure he will crap out again in the regular season.

I predict:

Was alcohol involved in this formulation?

Seriously, I think with Orton this is an 8-8 or 9-7 team. With EJ its a 5-11 or 6-10 team.

DynaPaul
08-31-2014, 08:06 PM
If Kyle Orton is THAT good, then why in the hell hasn't he started a single game since getting benched for....... wait for it.... TIM TEBOW!?

Victim of TebowMania.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-31-2014, 08:07 PM
Victim of TebowMania.

Tebow time starts week 12 and we blunder into the playoffs? No, probably we miss by just like one game and people ***** because if we had signed the Running back earlier. . . .

notacon
08-31-2014, 08:32 PM

I predict:

:rofl: What a freakin dreamer.

YardRat
09-01-2014, 06:07 AM
This is going to be a 4-12 to 10-6 team regardless of who is behind center. It's all on the defense and oline, and how much the QB (whoever that may be) can avoid killer mistakes.

Fletch
09-01-2014, 06:12 AM

That's how we roll as a team. You know that by now.

Jry44
09-01-2014, 06:49 AM
Victim of TebowMania.

Except for the fact that Denver has been a playoff contender ever since the second they benched Orton. So you can't blame Tebowmania.

chris66
09-01-2014, 08:54 AM
If we cut EJ, not one other team would retain his services to start. Yet, he's great for our starting QB.great point

better days
09-01-2014, 09:24 AM

If the Bills cut EJ, it will be with good reason.

In that event, of course no other team would sign him to start.

Skooby
09-01-2014, 09:40 AM
If the Bills cut EJ, it will be with good reason.

In that event, of course no other team would sign him to start.

If the team disbanded, EJ still wouldn't start anywhere else.

trapezeus
09-01-2014, 12:20 PM
if ej doesnt start week 1, whaley or marrone was fired. they would look like complete *******s

tatersalad
09-01-2014, 12:35 PM
he might start in st louis

Mike
09-01-2014, 12:36 PM

If he plays lights out... Maybe

It would be worth watching bills in that case. Orton is defiantly serviceable bit just as I predicted this year EJ will lead us to a top 5 pick and next year Orton will lead us to that 6-8 wins....

In other words, the FO screwed the pooch by trading their first next year and why should they care if they are not around?

Mike
09-01-2014, 12:39 PM
if ej doesnt start week 1, whaley or marrone was fired. they would look like complete *******s

There is no avoiding that regardless of what they do!

better days
09-01-2014, 12:51 PM
If the team disbanded, EJ still wouldn't start anywhere else.

If EJ were made available this year, he probably would not start this year, but I guarantee some team would pick him up & it is possible he would start in the future.

Skooby
09-01-2014, 01:03 PM
If EJ were made available this year, he probably would not start this year, but I guarantee some team would pick him up & it is possible he would start in the future.

Ok, that's something I can agree with. He's good enough for our Bills though, which is what matters if we don't want to win now. Do you think these coaches keep their jobs if the team is losing & we get a new owner ??

better days
09-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Ok, that's something I can agree with. He's good enough for our Bills though, which is what matters if we don't want to win now. Do you think these coaches keep their jobs if the team is losing & we get a new owner ??

I think EJ is on a short leash. If EJ totally craps the bed & the Bills lose because of his play, I could see him take a seat like Mike Glennon this year.

IMO Marrone is on the HOT seat.