PDA

View Full Version : Tony Moeaki released from IR after reaching settlement

MidnightVoice
09-01-2014, 11:01 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Tony-Moeaki-released-from-IR-after-reaching-settlement/9e1c2af3-f1e0-4dff-b0bc-d92b8ff6d44a

The Buffalo Bills today announced that the team has reached an injury settlement with TE Tony Moeaki and released him from the Reserve/Injured list.

ServoBillieves
09-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Thanks for nothin' bum.

trapezeus
09-01-2014, 12:01 PM
the shawn merriman of TE's

stuckincincy
09-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Thanks for nothin' bum.

I can't see why you call him a bum. Seems to me to be a nice youngster who tried to chase a dream but injuries interceded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Moeaki

Mr. Miyagi
09-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Well that was a good try.
At least the guy made some money. Good for him.

Mr. Pink
09-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Didn't see this coming when we signed him or anything.

ServoBillieves
09-01-2014, 01:56 PM
I can't see why you call him a bum. Seems to me to be a nice youngster who tried to chase a dream but injuries interceded.

Made absolutely 0 impact in his time here. I'm not attacking him as a person, but if you're paid to do your job and you're always hurt, you're expected to perform at some point. He never performed as a Bill, therefore getting released, and being a wasted roster space his entire time here.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Its worth it to take some chances on guys like him. They don't always pan out, but sometimes they do.

Night Train
09-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Talented but broken glass for a body.

Mace
09-01-2014, 06:13 PM

I wouldn't exactly call him a bum, but hamstrings are conditioning injuries. Never exactly looked like pro training chiseled him any. Maybe he relied too much on his perceived talent and didn't put in the conditioning work.

OpIv37
09-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Its worth it to take some chances on guys like him. They don't always pan out, but sometimes they do.

For every one that works out, there are at least 10 that don't.

I understand taking a flyer on a guy like this and hoping to find a diamond in the rough. The problem is that the Bills depend on it despite the low odds of success. Chandler is limited but instead of making an honest effort to improve the position, the team once again tried to rely on other teams' rejects. And predictably, it didn't work out.

Typ0
09-01-2014, 06:52 PM
The reason for that dependence is gone. Everything is changing...hopefully just not the location.

I understand taking a flyer on a guy like this and hoping to find a diamond in the rough. The problem is that the Bills depend on it despite the low odds of success. Chandler is limited but instead of making an honest effort to improve the position, the team once again tried to rely on other teams' rejects. And predictably, it didn't work out.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-01-2014, 08:17 PM

Chandler is not a strength of the team, but he's not really a weakness either. They tried to upgrade the flankers with Williams and Watkins so he wouldn't have to be such a critical part of the offense.

OpIv37
09-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Chandler is not a strength of the team, but he's not really a weakness either. They tried to upgrade the flankers with Williams and Watkins so he wouldn't have to be such a critical part of the offense.

Yeah watch the Toronto game from last year and tell me Chandler's not a weakness...

We have a young, inexperienced QB who checks down a lot. If TE isn't a strength, then it is a weakness.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Yeah watch the Toronto game from last year and tell me Chandler's not a weakness...

We have a young, inexperienced QB who checks down a lot. If TE isn't a strength, then it is a weakness.

He fumbled? GET THIS BUM OFF MY TEAM!!!

I mean, it was his only fumble of the entire season and his fourth career fumble, but he's clearly the one holding us back.

Chandler's just a guy. He'll get you ~50 catches, for ~550 yards, and 3-6 TDs if you give him a full season's work with a competent QB. That is not a problem, and I would have much rather invested our limited resources in fixing our dumpster fire OL, LB, and QB situations. Chandler is perfectly fine as the #3 or #4 option, but over matched as the #1 or #2 option. So they tried to improve elsewhere to take the burden off of him. If we scrapped the Watkins trade, drafted Eric Ebron and rolled out Steve Johnson as our #1 wideout again this year, what then? You'd be *****ing about how we didn't make a legitimate effort to upgrade the position, only relying on other team's castoffs like Mike Williams and a rookie TE.