09-01-2014, 02:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmJRVcFrDmE#t=32

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Title refers to both the Ryan and Orton throws, btw

better days
09-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Title refers to both the Ryan and Orton throws, btw

EJ can make those throws, he just can not do it on a consistent basis.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 03:05 PM
EJ can make those throws.

link?

Typ0
09-01-2014, 03:09 PM

I have never seen Manual make either one of those throws that I can remember.

ParanoidAndroid
09-01-2014, 03:14 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/EJ-Manuel-18-yard-touchdown-pass-to-Stevie-Johnson/a2f3112b-306e-4483-b845-8015015659a7

There's your link, troll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbSgoTCBmrI

YardRat
09-01-2014, 03:16 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VBDqyq_6Oc0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 03:17 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/EJ-Manuel-18-yard-touchdown-pass-to-Stevie-Johnson/a2f3112b-306e-4483-b845-8015015659a7

Not even remotely close...that was a lob. Ask Greg Gumbel. Trent Edwards could make that throw with his eyes closed

ParanoidAndroid
09-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Sure. It was right where it needed to be..... a perfect throw over the top. But troll away.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 03:20 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VBDqyq_6Oc0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stopped watching when the first highlight was a dump-off...how apropos:rofl:

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Sure. It was right where it needed to be...

So is a screen pass that goes for a TD...don't be obtuse.

Novacane
09-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Not even remotely close...that was a lob. Ask Greg Gumbel. Trent Edwards could make that throw with his eyes closed

That was the same throw dude. Just admit it when you're wrong.

better days
09-01-2014, 03:26 PM

You are the one being obtuse.

LOOK at the ENTIRE link YardRat posted.

There is not a throw that EJ can't make, & Whaley said that about him on the John Murphy show before he was drafted.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 03:28 PM

I just skimmed through that whole thing...dump-offs, slants, ducks, and 2 great catches by Woods.17034

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 03:30 PM
That was the same throw dude. Just admit it when you're wrong.
One was zipped in and one was dropped in--they went to the same spot in the endzone and that's all you saw

ParanoidAndroid
09-01-2014, 03:32 PM

So when you are wrong and get proven wrong, you start calling people stupid. How apropos, troll.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 03:37 PM
So when you are wrong and get proven wrong, you start calling people stupid. How apropos, troll.

If you can't tell a lob from another throw, that's on you scro. That youtube video is kinda grainy and it almost looks like EJ's pass leaves the screen (maybe it does) before dropping in.17037

swiper
09-01-2014, 04:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbSgoTCBmrI

LOL. That's not the same throw. ******s here.

Novacane
09-01-2014, 04:32 PM

It's the same damn throw. The ******s are the ones that WANT ej to fail so bad they are blinded.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 04:34 PM
It's the same damn throw. The ******s are the ones that WANT ej to fail so bad they are blinded.
:rofl:

Was EJ's throw a lob, yes or no?

Goobylal
09-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Wait, what was so amazing about Orton's and Ryan's throws again? Nothing much other than throwing up prayers and their receivers coming down with it.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Wait, what was so amazing about Orton's and Ryan's throws again? Nothing much other than throwing up prayers and their receivers coming down with it.

Easy. Orton's pass needed both velocity and touch to fit it into that window. EJ just lobbed up a rainmaker that I now shrug off as a lucky throw--especially since he didn't have another one that good the rest of the year--and certainly hasn't had any memorable moments this preseason either

As for Ryan's pass, the circumstance makes it great and he hit his receiver perfectly knowing how much time was left on the clock, how far he had to go, AND standing in there knowing he was going to be hit.

ParanoidAndroid
09-01-2014, 04:53 PM

Never claimed it was a different throw. It was just easier to see it quickly on the bottom but higher quality with the link. Who taught you how to talk to people?

Mr. Pink
09-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Manuel's throw to Stevie is not the same throw as Orton's throw.

Stevie Johnson was more open than Rashied Davis was.

One throw is splitting coverage and the other throw is a lob and go outrun the defender to get it.

Come on now

Novacane
09-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Manuel's throw to Stevie is not the same throw as Orton's throw.

Stevie Johnson was more open than Rashied Davis was.

One throw is splitting coverage and the other throw is a lob and go outrun the defender to get it.

Come on now

You EJ haters have plenty of ammo to use against him. Making **** up is not needed. To start a thread saying he can't make certain throws is stupid. He can make all the throws.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 05:08 PM
You EJ haters have plenty of ammo to use against him. Making **** up is not needed. To start a thread saying he can't make certain throws is stupid. He can make all the throws.

Calm down, bro17038

btw, you forgot to answer this:

Novacane
09-01-2014, 05:11 PM
It was a perfect pass put right where it had to be.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 05:17 PM
It was a perfect pass put right where it had to be.

Goobylal
09-01-2014, 05:29 PM
LOL! Not sure what criteria you guys use for "great throw," but both Davis and Jenkins were wide open by a decent margin and far more than Stevie was. EJ led Stevie perfectly and put it where only he could make a play on the ball. And in Orton's case, he threw it late which allowed Houston to close the 4 yard gap. And in both cases it was single coverage, not double like the pass to Stevie.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 05:38 PM
LOL! Not sure what criteria you guys use for "great throw"

It certainly isn't lob acuity

Mr. Pink
09-01-2014, 05:40 PM

He can't even make throws that JP Losman could make.

And we all know how that played out.

But call me a hater instead.

Goobylal
09-01-2014, 05:57 PM
It certainly isn't lob acuity
Ryan's throw was a lob. But just so that we stay on one track, if EJ had thrown it harder, you'd have been impresssed? Knowing it likely hits a defender in the back of the head?

Or are you saying EJ can't throw a ball with velocity? And if so, really? Did you see the 2-pt conversion or the game-winning TD to Stevie, which was little different from Orton's pass?

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 06:01 PM
But just so that we stay on one track, if EJ had thrown it harder, you'd have been impresssed?

No, so long as we stop comparing it to the throw in the OP which required more than a flick of the wrist

swiper
09-01-2014, 06:02 PM

Not even close.

swiper
09-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Never claimed it was a different throw. It was just easier to see it quickly on the bottom but higher quality with the link. Who taught you how to talk to people?

Goobylal
09-01-2014, 06:10 PM
No, so long as we stop comparing it to the throw in the OP which required more than a flick of the wrist
Again, you mean like Ryan's throw? Or are you talking about Orton's late throw?

coastal
09-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Excuse me but this sort of discourse is inappropriate.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Again, you mean like Ryan's throw? Or are you talking about Orton's late throw?

ICRockets
09-01-2014, 06:25 PM
That was 2008. There's no indication Kyle Orton can make that throw anymore. I sure hope he can, but let's be real here.

Goobylal
09-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Don't be ashamed. It was a valiant effort.

swiper
09-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Excuse me but this sort of discourse is inappropriate.

Sorry. Was too busy eating leftovers from Salt Rock Grill.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Don't be ashamed. It was a valiant effort.

If you think either of those two throws are lobs then you are stupid beyond belief...and really, since it looks like you do--what else can I do but smh at your stupidity?

Typ0
09-01-2014, 06:44 PM

He has not demonstrated he can make all the throws. Maybe he can but he hasn't shown it. We've been through this so many times with QB's it's old news here in Buffalo. Go out and win the job from some competent people and then we will talk about how good he is.

Goobylal
09-01-2014, 06:46 PM
If you think either of those two throws are lobs then you are stupid beyond belief...and really, since it looks like you do--what else can I do but smh at your stupidity?
If you think those were amazing throws that you believe EJ couldn't make, you're a *****ing ******. And thanks again for the $50.

swiper
09-01-2014, 06:49 PM
He has not demonstrated he can make all the throws. Maybe he can but he hasn't shown it. We've been through this so many times with QB's it's old news here in Buffalo. Go out and win the job from some competent people and then we will talk about how good he is.

In other news, Derek Carr has won the starting job in Oakland. The Bills are on the outside looking in again.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 06:49 PM
If you think those were amazing throws, you're a *****ing ******.

Amazing or unamazing, they aren't lobs and have no business being compared to lobs. Tell me you at least understand this

Novacane
09-01-2014, 06:50 PM

He has the arm to make the throws. That's all I'm saying. And who is saying how good he is?

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 06:52 PM
He has the arm to make the throws.

Oh Christ, need a list of QBs who had the arm to make throws but were utter ****? We'd be here all night

Novacane
09-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Oh Christ, need a list of QBs who had the arm to make throws but were utter ****? We'd be here all night

Your title says he can't make this throw. If you'd of said EJ won't try to make this throw cause he plays like a scared little girl I'd of agreed with you

Typ0
09-01-2014, 06:57 PM
He has the arm to make the throws. That's all I'm saying. And who is saying how good he is?

If he's making all the throws on the field he needs to make he's pretty good. There is not a person in this forum that wouldn't be ecstatic to have Manual out there doing that. But he isn't. Maybe next week he will. That sure would be awesome! I can live with a lot but not what we are seeing.

Mr. Pink
Your title says he can't make this throw. If you'd of said EJ won't try to make this throw cause he plays like a scared little girl I'd of agreed with you

We won't even attempt the throw for us to know if he can make it.

That throwing the lob and having a receiver go get it is something he rarely does.

It's why he checks down so often because he needs his receivers to be college open before passing the ball.

That throw Orton made in in that video, is a throw that EJ would have never even attempted, opting to either trying to run or just taking a sack.

Typ0

certainly he can't make the throw if he's not even willing to try!

Typ0
09-01-2014, 06:59 PM
I think the most frustrating thing about Manual is he looks like such a stud QB but plays like a DUD!

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 06:59 PM
If you think those were amazing throws that you believe EJ couldn't make, you're a *****ing ******. And thanks again for the $50.

lol why did you even edit this post and make it worse. Of course EJ can't make those throws, and until I see evidence that he can my opinion will remain that way. That's a fair statement I would think.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 07:02 PM

If he wasn't such a gash, we'd know definitively if he can do it. Like I said, until I see it I won't believe it.

Don't Panic
09-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Wow... some of you guys are borderline obsessive in your hate for EJ. We get it... a guy who hasn't played a full season of football yet still has a lot to prove, and there'd no guarantee that he ever will. But to be outright dismissive at this point? That's a textbook fascination with negativity.

Goobylal
09-01-2014, 07:05 PM
In other news, Derek Carr has won the starting job in Oakland. The Bills are on the outside looking in again.

Amazing or unamazing, they aren't lobs and have no business being compared to lobs. Tell me you at least understand this
A great throw is a great throw regardless of velocity. If that's your only criteria, then I can't help you. Again Orton's throw was late and to a wide open receiver, and Ryan's was more of a lob, again to a wide open receiver. EJ can easily make those throws, and has.

We won't even attempt the throw for us to know if he can make it.

That throwing the lob and having a receiver go get it is something he rarely does.

It's why he checks down so often because he needs his receivers to be college open before passing the ball.

That throw Orton made in in that video, is a throw that EJ would have never even attempted, opting to either trying to run or just taking a sack.
Funny, because Davis was "college open" on that play. Never mind that that was Orton's 4th year and 24th start.

Goobylal
09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Forgot to mention that Jenkins was "college open" as well.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 07:17 PM
A great throw is a great throw regardless of velocity. If that's your only criteria, then I can't help you. Again Orton's throw was late and to a wide open receiver, and Ryan's was more of a lob, again to a wide open receiver. EJ can easily make those throws, and has.

Funny, because Davis was "college open" on that play. Never mind that that was Orton's 4th year and 24th start.
Listen, you're obviously not processing information correctly or you're just being stubborn. I'll be the realist and you can be the rabid apologist and we'll just leave things there. Sound like a plan?

Goobylal
09-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Listen, you're obviously not processing information correctly or you're just being stubborn. I'll be the realist and you can be the rabid apologist and we'll just leave things there. Sound like a plan?
LOL! I'm not the one making **** up. Go back and look at the highlight video (I won't say "again" because it's obvious you didn't/want to look at it the first time) to see examples of those throws you claim he can't make.

Fletch
09-01-2014, 07:31 PM

He can't make any throw on a consistent basis.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Go back and look at the highlight video

I did, got another 9-minute vid of wobbly ducks, slant patterns, and checkdowns we can watch?17041

Mr. Pink
09-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Wow... some of you guys are borderline obsessive in your hate for EJ. We get it... a guy who hasn't played a full season of football yet still has a lot to prove, and there'd no guarantee that he ever will. But to be outright dismissive at this point? That's a textbook fascination with negativity.

If it looks like a duck, talks like a duck and walks like a duck...it's probably a duck.

just sayin'

Goobylal
09-01-2014, 08:00 PM
I did, got another 9-minute vid of wobbly ducks, slant patterns, and checkdowns we can watch?17041
Give me a minute. I'll find you a Kyle Orton highlight video. Or a video of Matt Ryan in the playoffs.

YardRat
09-01-2014, 08:08 PM
The video shows he makes the type of throws many contend that he can't. The issue with EJ thus far isn't that he can't make the throws, it's that he apparently won't try often enough, or isn't successful enough when he does try.

Goobylal
09-01-2014, 08:10 PM
The video shows he makes the type of throws many contend that he can't. The issue with EJ thus far isn't that he can't make the throws, it's that he apparently won't try often enough, or isn't successful enough when he does try.
Or his receivers can't catch/hang onto the ball, stay upright, or run the correct patterns.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 08:12 PM
The video shows he makes the type of throws many contend that he can't.

Can you at least isolate some of these in the checkdown/slant vid you posted? I wanna know which throws he made that Stoney Case couldn't have made.

BertSquirtgum
09-01-2014, 08:13 PM

You're a clown. Take off your big red nose and get a life.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 08:20 PM
You're a clown. Take off your big red nose and get a life.

All monosyllabic words...pretty boiler plate for your level of humor and education

YardRat
09-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Can you at least isolate some of these in the checkdown/slant vid you posted? I wanna know which throws he made that Stoney Case couldn't have made.

The video is there, if you can't tell the difference that's your issue not mine.

Is it your contention that every throw in that hilite reel is a checkdown or slant? I really do think you're that biased and ignorant, but a confession would be gold.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 08:23 PM
The video is there, if you can't tell the difference that's your issue not mine.

Yeah, didn't think so.

YardRat
09-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Yeah, didn't think so.

Yeah, I knew so. Thanks for the confirmation.

BertSquirtgum
09-01-2014, 08:37 PM
All monosyllabic words...pretty boiler plate for your level of humor and education

Consider my advice, no one likes a troll.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Just for edification purposes:

Throws 1-4: High School-open targets, throw #3 a duck.
5: His lob that people like you are masturbating to.
6: Nice elusiveness but that's it.
7: Nice throw, probably didn't mean to throw it behind him but it was for the best
8: WIDE OPEN
9: All YAC
10: Simple slant, Woods saved him with a great catch.
11. There is not a soul on this board who could've missed that one:rofl:
12. Literally no Jet within 20 yards of him, insane YAC, etc etc.

I'm a 3rd of the way through--does it get better?

Goobylal
09-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Just for edification purposes:

Throws 1-4: High School-open targets, throw #3 a duck.
5: His lob that people like you are masturbating to.
6: Nice elusiveness but that's it.
7: Nice throw, probably didn't mean to throw it behind him but it was for the best
8: WIDE OPEN
9: All YAC
10: Simple slant, Woods saved him with a great catch.
11. There is not a soul on this board who could've missed that one:rofl:
12. Literally no Jet within 20 yards of him, insane YAC, etc etc.

I'm a 3rd of the way through--does it get better?
Your inanity? Likely not.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I knew so. Thanks for the confirmation.

No, you're pretty much wrong about everything, and you're a notorious OBD toadie. If and when EJ fails (wanna bet that he does btw? didn't think so), you'll just blame it on the O-line or some other outside factor like you already do. It's in your nature. You're a soft and simple person who preaches being patient in a league where you can't afford to be patient. Do you realize that? You're advocating for a pussy/nincompoop hybrid of a QB. Oh yeah, 2 of the last 3 SB champions have had shaky to subpar o-lines, and I'm sure we can find more if we really gave a **** (08 Steelers def come to mind). Hell, Baltimore shook up their entire line to START the postseason, so **** off with that crap already. Find a new excuse

- - - Updated - - -

Your inanity?

What?

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Consider my advice, no one likes a troll.

ok slingblade

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 09:03 PM
I made the good gesture of watching the first 3rd of the video, and there was only one throw there that Trent Edwards couldn't have made--and that's only because he would've been sacked first (#6, the 7-8 yd hot potato after escaping)

Goobylal
09-01-2014, 09:03 PM
What?
LOL! I rest my (Stoney) Case.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 09:05 PM
LOL! I rest my (Stoney) Case.

sick burn, mind=blown...you gonna fetch those highlights we talked about or are we just going with the 9-minute "Look mom, I can hit a wide open receiver" reel?

Mr. Miyagi
09-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Why are you trolling? Go suck a lemon between Orton's legs.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Why are you trolling? Go suck a lemon between Orton's legs.

Don't you have some Taylor Swift album to listen to, picklebreath?17042

Goobylal
09-01-2014, 09:18 PM
sick burn, mind=blown...you gonna fetch those highlights we talked about or are we just going with the 9-minute "Look mom, I can hit a wide open receiver" reel?
What's the point? You'd still be as ****** watching them as you were watching EJ's video.

BillsOverDolphins
09-01-2014, 09:26 PM
What's the point? You'd still be as ****** watching them as you were watching EJ's video.

No, show me throws that Trent Edwards can't make. Let's start there. I'm not gonna ooh and aah over touch passes.

Typ0
09-02-2014, 04:59 AM
No, show me throws that Trent Edwards can't make. Let's start there. I'm not gonna ooh and aah over touch passes.

Edwards could make all the throws! The game got to his head because he was surprisingly good for a bit.

GvilleBills
09-02-2014, 05:16 AM
This thread belongs at the BBMB, holy sheet.

Goobylal
09-02-2014, 07:15 AM
No, instead you're oohing and aahing over 2 throws to wide open receivers that any QB could make and no different from throws EJ made last year. Which is the irony here that escapes you.

justasportsfan
09-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Sheez peeps. I'm a big critic of Ej as anyone here. He can throw a dart if he wanted to . Problem is , he doesn't have the balls to do so.

Buckets
09-02-2014, 08:18 AM

Give it up you got owned on this one.

Bill Cody
09-02-2014, 08:26 AM
What a dumb thread

BillsOverDolphins
09-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Give it up you got owned on this one.
Another EJ-stan--will quickly disappear after Week 1 debacle.

What a dumb thread
^Unrepentant irrational homer (documented)

swiper
09-02-2014, 12:15 PM
EJ apologists unite!

BillsOverDolphins
09-02-2014, 12:18 PM
EJ apologists unite!

This is their last stand. They have 5 days left...the clock is ticking.

swiper
09-02-2014, 12:39 PM
This is their last stand. They have 5 days left...the clock is ticking.

Well I agree with them to a degree. Granted the preseason was a chilly foreshadowing of what's probably coming, I got to see it when the games count.

What if Hackett is messing with all of us?

BillsOverDolphins
09-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Well I agree with them to a degree. Granted the preseason was a chilly foreshadowing of what's probably coming, I got to see it when the games count.

What if Hackett is messing with all of us?

'twould be awesome. If EJ comes out slinging and winning then I will eat a buffet of crow and take a doggy bag home too WITH PLEASURE. FFS, I just want us to win and win now, by any means necessary.

Bill Cody
09-02-2014, 03:16 PM

lol. Your football knowledge would fit in a thimble with room to spare (documented)

BillsOverDolphins
09-02-2014, 03:20 PM
lol. Your football knowledge would fit in a thimble with room to spare (documented)

I'll bet you $500 that EJ Manuel doesn't end up in the top 25 in Total QBR this year. Put your money where your mouth is, you vanilla, pudslurping mongoloid.

WagonCircler
09-02-2014, 03:51 PM

Whaaaaattttttt????????????

Are you fahking kidding me?

First off, how about every throw, given that he's no longer in the NFL.

Trent Edwards was, by leaps and bounds, the worst starting QB the Bills have ever had.

Name me an NFL starting QB who was released in the middle of a season in which he began as a starter.

Words cannot describe what a pussy Trent Edwards was as Bills QB, and his failure to stay on any teams roster prove how worthless he is.

BillsOverDolphins
09-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Whaaaaattttttt????????????

Are you fahking kidding me?

First off, how about every throw, given that he's no longer in the NFL.

Trent Edwards was, by leaps and bounds, the worst starting QB the Bills have ever had.

Name me an NFL starting QB who was released in the middle of a season in which he began as a starter.

Words cannot describe what a pussy Trent Edwards was as Bills QB, and his failure to stay on any teams roster prove how worthless he is.

Fair enough...should I have said Losman instead? I drew the Edwards correlation cause they both play like hatchet wounds

BillsOverDolphins
09-02-2014, 04:04 PM
That's a good trivia question though...Does drunk Kerry Collins count?

BillsOverDolphins
09-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Josh Freeman...ol' chia pet was a better pass than Manuel too

Bill Cody
09-02-2014, 04:13 PM
I'll bet you $500 that EJ Manuel doesn't end up in the top 25 in Total QBR this year. Put your money where your mouth is, you vanilla, pudslurping mongoloid.

EJ is far from a sure thing good or bad, I've never said otherwise. The fact that you're willing to bet against him shows you're a troll not a Bills fan. I'm willing to bet you're a lot braver on the internet than you are in person.

Mr. Pink
09-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Did you know that Bruce Mathison even has a highlight video?!

:rofl:

BillsOverDolphins
09-02-2014, 04:20 PM
EJ is far from a sure thing good or bad, I've never said otherwise. The fact that you're willing to bet against him shows you're a troll not a Bills fan. I'm willing to bet you're a lot braver on the internet than you are in person.

If you're not going to take the bet, then just say so, leave, and take your vanilla comebacks with you. You're not interesting enough to hold a conversation, so you have to pay for the pleasure of my company.

Mike
09-02-2014, 08:11 PM

If you are supporting EJ and tying to be 'even keeled' yet can not bet on a Top 25 QBR is evidence to the contrary. Would you make that bet if it were: Dolton, or Wilson, or Bortles??? Top 25 QBR is below average, its setting the bar quite low, and you can not even support EJ on such a low expectation? Obviously you have no real fait in him. You are simply all talk, all bs!

Betting lets the Homers take those rose colored glasses off... Ironically, putting money on the table might even make a homer a bit more honest on what they really think....... it takes all of thoese 'IFS' 'ANDS' 'Buts' of off the table...

Bill Cody
09-03-2014, 08:28 AM
If you are supporting EJ and tying to be 'even keeled' yet can not bet on a Top 25 QBR is evidence to the contrary. Would you make that bet if it were: Dolton, or Wilson, or Bortles??? Top 25 QBR is below average, its setting the bar quite low, and you can not even support EJ on such a low expectation? Obviously you have no real fait in him. You are simply all talk, all bs!

Betting lets the Homers take those rose colored glasses off... Ironically, putting money on the table might even make a homer a bit more honest on what they really think....... it takes all of thoese 'IFS' 'ANDS' 'Buts' of off the table...

I'm smart enough to know what I don't know. I'm also a Bills fan. You trolls aren't. Dismissed.

better days
09-03-2014, 08:44 AM
Josh Freeman...ol' chia pet was a better pass than Manuel too

As a Bucs fan as well as a Bills fan I can tell you, you are WRONG about that.

Freeman drafted with the #17 pick in 2009 by the Bucs, was less accurate than EJ is & that is a fact. 57.6 CMP% for his career.

Buckets
09-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Another EJ-stan--will quickly disappear after Week 1 debacle.

I didn't say I like EJ, just that you didn't prove your point.

WagonCircler
09-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Fair enough...should I have said Losman instead? I drew the Edwards correlation cause they both play like hatchet wounds

I think EJ is probably more a combination of Edwards and Losman.

Losman had a Howitzer, but was highly inaccurate, especially down low. He had zero touch on his passes. He was pretty mobile, but had no pocket presence.

Edwards had touch on his passes, but was horribly inaccurate downfield, and was afraid to throw downfield because of it. Like EJ, he had the famous "poise" label hung on him, until people figured out that pretending to look deep before checking down 99% of the time is not poise at all.

EJ is more physically gifted than either Losman or Edwards, but has no muscle memory or sense of mechanical consistency, which accounts for his inaccuracy. He's also not exactly Peyton Manning (like the other two) when it comes to reading Defenses.

We're talking about three bad QBs here. It's like Groundhog Day.