PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: 4 voters have the Bills getting a wild card / Doug Marrone COTY !

Skooby
09-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Four of our voters -- ESPN Insider KC Joyner, ESPN St. Louis Rams reporter Nick Wagoner, Neil Payne of FiveThirtyEight, and Calvin Watkins of ESPN Dallas -- picked the Bills to earn an AFC wild-card berth.
Payne took it a step further, predicting Doug Marrone as NFL Coach of the Year.
http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/12770/could-bills-be-a-sleeper-afc-wild-card

sukie
09-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Step one: We admitted we are powerless over alcohol -- that our lives have become unmanageable.

Read it in unison, fellahs.

stuckincincy
09-02-2014, 09:46 AM
Step one: We admitted we are powerless over alcohol -- that our lives have become unmanageable.

Read it in unison, fellahs.

:brace:

Fletch
09-02-2014, 10:03 AM
4 voters have the Bills getting a wild card / Doug Marrone COTY

LOL

Well, talk is cheap in sports media circles. Seriously, so what if you're wrong? What happens? Nothing, you're back at your post next season coming across as an expert again. Who listens to these people.

Anyone remember when years ago, maybe five seasons or so, Cowher as an analyst on whatever network he's on, said that the Bills were going to the Super Bowl after we started 3-0. That turned out to be anything but the case.

Skooby
09-02-2014, 10:11 AM
LOL

Well, talk is cheap in sports media circles. Seriously, so what if you're wrong? What happens? Nothing, you're back at your post next season coming across as an expert again. Who listens to these people.

Anyone remember when years ago, maybe five seasons or so, Cowher as an analyst on whatever network he's on, said that the Bills were going to the Super Bowl after we started 3-0. That turned out to be anything but the case.

The wheels fell off in Miami that year, I was at that game & everyone was sure the Bills would roll. The Bills got rolled, for months.

stuckincincy
09-02-2014, 10:16 AM
LOL

Cowher is currently a flack for Time Warner cable. He must show up on my tv 20 times a day.

Fletch
09-02-2014, 10:18 AM
The wheels fell off in Miami that year, I was at that game & everyone was sure the Bills would roll. The Bills got rolled, for months.

We were overrated, just like we've been in many of the last 14 (or more) seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Cowher is currently a flack for Time Warner cable. He must show up on my tv 20 times a day.

Listening to Cowher is comparable to listening to a village idiot.

trapezeus
09-02-2014, 10:23 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/12770/could-bills-be-a-sleeper-afc-wild-card

the FiveThirtyEight endorsement is pretty exciting only because they tend to be very good with their modelling. it's not just pundit picking from them. they usually have an array of numbers to back up their thoughts.

but perhaps they just wanted to pick one outlier.

stuckincincy
09-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Listening to Cowher is comparable to listening to a village idiot.

When I lived in PGH, some of the locals gave him a nickname based on his visage.

C**t Lips.

Fletch
09-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Well, if we're going by his looks, he looks like one of those cartoon character construction guys out of a Bugs Bunny cartoon and talks like someone that's had a few too many bricks dropped on his head over the course of his lifetime.

Are there concussion issues for coaches?