PDA

View Full Version : With all of these great leadership qualities how come Manuel is not a Captain?

Fletch
09-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Something doesn't add up. With all of these great leadership qualities how come Manuel is not a Captain?

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HI2TFbCiI08" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

jamze132
09-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Cause he sucks?

YardRat
09-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Because Freddie is the obvious choice, and the other offensive captain is usually an offensive lineman and EJ doesn't play in the trenches.

It really is that simple and is no way an indictment against Manuel.

He'll get his opportunity this season to see if he can earn the 'C' in the future.

BillsOverDolphins
09-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Cause he sucks?

This. The simplest answer is usually the right one.

Oaf
09-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Whaley describes the "it" factor. He describes dictating to the other team, being aggressive. I couldn't think of anything further from the truth about EJ and our offense.

EJ does have the stature, the work ethic, and the skills/pedigree, but to see him be so unaware on the field and to lack accountability off of it is alarming. Even Jordan Palmer accepted responsibility after the idiotic coaching staff gave him 3 quarters of play after 3 days on the job, and then fired him for it.

Whaley jokes about being out of a job a year and a half from today. Not so funny now. I hope he watches this video back sometime.

Meathead
09-02-2014, 09:15 PM
do you know why property values are depressed in wny? because ej sucks

BertSquirtgum
09-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Something doesn't add up. With all of these great leadership qualities how come Manuel is not a Captain?

With all of your superior intelligence why aren't you a millionaire?

BillsOverDolphins
09-02-2014, 09:21 PM
do you know why property values are depressed in wny? because ej

what usually happens when a black man moves into the neighborhood.

(rimshot)

Fletch
09-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Whaley describes the "it" factor. He describes dictating to the other team, being aggressive. I couldn't think of anything further from the truth about EJ and our offense.

EJ does have the stature, the work ethic, and the skills/pedigree, but to see him be so unaware on the field and to lack accountability off of it is alarming. Even Jordan Palmer accepted responsibility after the idiotic coaching staff gave him 3 quarters of play after 3 days on the job, and then fired him for it.

Whaley jokes about being out of a job a year and a half from today. Not so funny now. I hope he watches this video back sometime.

Someone watched the video.

Thanks

better days
09-03-2014, 06:59 AM
There are two groups of people on this board.

One group has their doubts about EJ.

The second group has no doubts, they already know he sucks.

So would EJ being named captain have changed anyone's mind about him?

I DOUBT IT.

And for those that think being named captain is a big deal, Brandon Spikes was named captain having not played a down as a Bill yet.

I guess that says a lot about Spikes.

Historian
09-03-2014, 07:10 AM
Putting a C on his chest would only put more pressure on him.

Novacane
09-03-2014, 07:19 AM
He Fetch we get it! You hate EJ! My gosh your'e annoying!

Albany,n.y.
09-03-2014, 07:26 AM
Why would the team name someone a captain who might be on the bench by game 4?

trapezeus
09-03-2014, 07:31 AM
the only teams that don't have a qb as captain are teams without real standout #1 QB's. it's open for EJ to win next year.

i really think he's going to put together a really average range of stats that will make it hard to walk from him next year, but not good enough to be excited. he's going to really put us in a quandry. and it won't be good enough to get to the playoffs. Just like losman did the year before he really just tanked. That's more deadly than just flat out stinking so that we know we can move on.

THATHURMANATOR
09-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Who gives a ****?

Historian
09-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Is a captaincy in football really all that important?

Meaning, don't all they do is essentially shake hands before the coin toss?

Hockey is a little different, whereby the captain or the alternate on the ice actually get to question the referee on a call. Doesn't the QB have that right during play already?

JoeMama
09-03-2014, 09:35 AM
F-Jax is sticking up for EJ.

But I think that's what we all expect from F-Jax. He's the heart and soul of this team who always says and does the right things. That's why he's the real C.

Even without a C, teammates say E.J. Manuel a “great leader”

We noted earlier this week that the Bills elected six captains, none of whom were quarterback E.J. Manuel.

That forced Bills coach Doug Marrone to tap-dance a bit, explaining that Manuel will still be expected to lead, just without the signifier of such leadership sewn onto his jersey.

“If you look at it, it’s mostly veteran guys that have been around,” Marrone said of his six captains, two of them new to the Bills this offseason. “I think that [quarterback] position has leadership qualities in it just by the position itself.”

Likewise, running back Fred Jackson (who was one of the captains) said he’s been impressed with Manuel’s work.

“He’s a great leader. He breaks down the offense and things like that all the time. Gives us knowledge,” Jackson said. “It’s just one of those things, when we have a lot of veteran leadership on the team. In time, he’ll definitely be named a captain at some point.”

Of course, playing better would help. If Manuel had led the Bills to a few more wins like last year’s comeback against the Panthers, his standing wouldn’t be in doubt.
But his inability to assert himself as a quality quarterback has created the question, and necessitated the Bills plunking down a pile of money for veteran backup Kyle Orton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/03/even-without-a-c-teammates-say-e-j-manuel-a-great-leader/

Fletch
09-03-2014, 09:49 AM
He Fetch we get it! You hate EJ! My gosh your'e annoying!

Do you really? I actually think that you don't.

Any fool should easily be able to see that this post was more about Whaley than Manuel.

Then again, in your attention span shortened world view I fully realize that spending 3 minutes watching a relevant video is a little too mentally taxing.

Pardon me for the temporary mental jolt to what little bit of a brain you have.

Mike
09-03-2014, 10:02 AM
With all of your superior intelligence why aren't you a millionaire?

How do you he isn't?

BTW, Superior Intellect is a threshold to financial success not a determinant of it. The man with the highest IQ in the USA is kinda broke :)

Here is a forbes article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/keldjensen/2012/04/12/intelligence-is-overrated-what-you-really-need-to-succeed/

Oaf
09-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Do you really? I actually think that you don't.

Any fool should easily be able to see that this post was more about Whaley than Manuel.

Then again, in your attention span shortened world view I fully realize that spending 3 minutes watching a relevant video is a little too mentally taxing.

Pardon me for the temporary mental jolt to what little bit of a brain you have.

While I don't agree with the personal attacks, I agree that this is more about Whaley. Why did these guys commit so hard to Manuel? It's not EJ's fault he was drafted at 16 instead of 96.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2014, 05:07 PM
How do you he isn't?

BTW, Superior Intellect is a threshold to financial success not a determinant of it. The man with the highest IQ in the USA is kinda broke :)

Here is a forbes article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/keldjensen/2012/04/12/intelligence-is-overrated-what-you-really-need-to-succeed/

Oh. My. God. I didn't think the idiocy on this website could get worse.

kishoph
09-04-2014, 04:27 AM
what usually happens when a black man moves into the neighborhood.

(rimshot)

Wow, you really are a ****in ass hole.

Meathead
09-04-2014, 07:44 AM
jeez relax its just a classic joke. he even did the rimshot to make that obvious. what are you, the white al sharpton?

kishoph
09-04-2014, 08:00 AM
jeez relax its just a classic joke. he even did the rimshot to make that obvious. what are you, the white al sharpton?

It's not something you joke about and it's not the first time he's made a "joke" that has had racial overtones. I do know what you are saying, but I'm going to blast him every chance I get.
What makes you think I'm white ?

Meathead
09-04-2014, 08:06 AM
again, it was just a joke

your one sided sensitivity is inappropriate. if you harshly criticized every redneck joke as well that would be one thing, but responding only to a mild black joke shows your bias. and again, that's very inappropriate

this is exactly whats crippling our country on race issues - this one-way sensitivity and dramatic overreaction. and im going to blast people that behave that way every chance I get

Bill Cody
09-04-2014, 09:56 AM

your one sided sensitivity is inappropriate. if you harshly criticized every redneck joke as well that would be one thing, but responding only to a mild black joke shows your bias. and again, that's very inappropriate

this is exactly whats crippling our country on race issues - this one-way sensitivity and dramatic overreaction. and im going to blast people that behave that way every chance I get

um...this guys posts are the biggest douche bags on this board it's hardly one lame joke

imbondz
09-04-2014, 12:39 PM
This. The simplest answer is usually the right one.

occam's razor!

Meathead
09-04-2014, 01:59 PM
um...this guys posts are the biggest douche bags on this board it's hardly one lame joke

perhaps. I haven't kept track of his posts so idk but this one joke certainly doesn't come close to rising to any level that should be considered overly offensive. its like making a joke about rednecks marrying their sisters, its just classic stereotype humor that shouldn't be found offensive in and of itself unless one finds ALL race related jokes equally offensive

so again, if someone is going to get bent out of shape over a mild black joke then they have to find the same outrage for mild redneck jokes, which obviously isn't the case here

kishoph
09-04-2014, 02:11 PM

Did I over react to the "joke" sure but it was more of a reaction to the source. I didn't find it funny when he made light of AIDS as a "joke", nor when he said that getting rid of Thad Lewis was getting rid of half of the "soul patrol". With someone else, I may have not reacted at all but when the same person keeps posting that sort of garbage with no regards to anyone or anything, I'm gonna get pissed. Especially when I try to point out that putting something like "EJ is worse than AIDS" as your title, is hurtful to a lot of people, he responds by trying to make more fun of the disease or calls me AIDS. Am I suppose to give someone like this an ounce of respect ? I agree what I said may have seemed very inappropriate, but I had a reason and it was not my "one sided sensitivity".

BillsOverDolphins
09-04-2014, 02:20 PM
You really are overly-sensitive, fwiw

kishoph
09-04-2014, 04:01 PM
You really are overly-sensitive, fwiw

lol, I've been called a lot worse. So I'll take it. I guess I perceive you as insensitive. So we can keep on going butting heads, which I really don't want, or we can try to ignore each other.

Gilly
09-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Did I over react to the "joke" sure but it was more of a reaction to the source. I didn't find it funny when he made light of AIDS as a "joke", nor when he said that getting rid of Thad Lewis was getting rid of half of the "soul patrol". With someone else, I may have not reacted at all but when the same person keeps posting that sort of garbage with no regards to anyone or anything, I'm gonna get pissed. Especially when I try to point out that putting something like "EJ is worse than AIDS" as your title, is hurtful to a lot of people, he responds by trying to make more fun of the disease or calls me AIDS. Am I suppose to give someone like this an ounce of respect ? I agree what I said may have seemed very inappropriate, but I had a reason and it was not my "one sided sensitivity".

know what aids stands for right?

adios infected d**k sucker....

BillsOverDolphins
09-04-2014, 04:50 PM
lol, I've been called a lot worse. So I'll take it. I guess I perceive you as insensitive. So we can keep on going butting heads, which I really don't want, or we can try to ignore each other.
Lighten up, Francis

know what aids stands for right?

adios infected d**k sucker....

Mike
09-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Oh. My. God. I didn't think the idiocy on this website could get worse.

I just proved your assumption to be incorrect and the very best you can do is a sarcastic ad hominem?