PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Busto Bingo - updated material

bleve
09-02-2014, 07:07 PM
A few years back, WGR had this fun little game called Buffalo Busto Bingo. Anyone remember this?

Here’s a couple of sample “playing cards”
http://wkse.radiotown.com/BustoBingo3.pdf
http://wkse.radiotown.com/BustoBingo1.pdf
http://wkse.radiotown.com/BustoBingo2.pdf

Well, me and a couple of core Bills fans out here have been playing steadily for the last several years while watching the games at the local sports bar. We’ve kept it up to date with current players/coaches, etc.
It’s been pretty fun, and we’re somewhat famous at the bar now as the Bingo Bills Fans.
Here’s a couple of squares we’ve added since the beginning:

“Opposing team has more points than your QB rating.”
“WR gestures a first down when down by more than two touchdowns.”
“Bills go three-and-out on their first drive”
“Fans show up for the late game before opposing teams punter plays.”
Etc.

I’m looking for some new material for squares.
Let’s hear ‘em. It might be a long season.

gebobs
09-02-2014, 07:59 PM
(gallons of vomit in the parking lot)/10^6 > total yards offense for the Bills

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2014, 08:03 PM
The Bills have more penalties than points

Homegrown
09-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Bills flagged for "delay of game" during their hurry up/no huddle offense

ServoBillieves
09-02-2014, 09:28 PM
An old drinking buddy of mine had a good one for a drinking game when we used to be able to move the ball but couldn't score, something along the lines of for every 50 yards your team scores without a TD take a drink...

Not sure how to configure that in to a bingo square.

OpIv37
09-03-2014, 10:40 AM
-Opposing TE has more receiving yards than all our WR's combined
-Buffalo wastes 2 TO's in 3rd qtr of a close game
-Gimore gets flagged for PI/illegal contact
-Opponents' backup RB has career day
- A scoring play is negated by a penalty
-opponent has a drive lasting 7:00 or more
-Chandler drops a ball or fumbles
-Spiller has more rushing attempts than rushing yards

OpIv37
09-03-2014, 10:51 AM
this Chadler kick you are on is odd - the numbers do not back up that he drops or fumbles that often

He won't drop or fumble in the 1st when we are up 7-3. But throw him a ball late in a close game....

Historian
09-03-2014, 11:00 AM

That's a GREAT one, OP!

Here's Mine: Announcers remind everyone that Buffalo has the longest playoff drought in the NFL

Or Any Bon Jovi reference

Historian
09-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Announcer #1 tells audience that the Bills have not had a legitimate Quarterback since Jim Kelly, Announcer #2 reminds him about Flutie.

bleve
09-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Announcer #1 tells audience that the Bills have not had a legitimate Quarterback since Jim Kelly, Announcer #2 reminds him about Flutie.

I was thinking along those lines. Something like showing a graphic of number of waived QB's since Kelly.

bleve
09-03-2014, 11:16 AM
-Opposing TE has more receiving yards than all our WR's combined
-Buffalo wastes 2 TO's in 3rd qtr of a close game
-Gimore gets flagged for PI/illegal contact
- A scoring play is negated by a penalty
-opponent has a drive lasting 7:00 or more
-Chandler drops a ball or fumbles
-Spiller has more rushing attempts than rushing yards

Good ones. We already have 30+ kickoff/punt return negated by illegal block in the back.

OpIv37
09-03-2014, 11:17 AM
That's a GREAT one, OP!

Here's Mine: Announcers remind everyone that Buffalo has the longest playoff drought in the NFL

Or Any Bon Jovi reference

I noticed that during the Panthers preseason game, they were playing Bon Jovi songs.

I suspect we will be dealing with that bull**** all season, at least until Bon Jovi is officially out of the bidding process.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Glad our busts are not a drinking game, otherwise we'd all be dead of alcohol poisoning and if all our busts were boobs, we'd have a lovely set of tatas.

Homegrown
09-03-2014, 12:45 PM
TV Game Announcers mention Kyle Williams "high motor"

ServoBillieves
09-03-2014, 12:51 PM
I noticed that during the Panthers preseason game, they were playing Bon Jovi songs.

I suspect we will be dealing with that bull**** all season, at least until Bon Jovi is officially out of the bidding process.

It was excruciating at Bank of America... After every big play or score they would play Bon Jovi. We became a bigger joke after Ralph's death with JBJ being the punchline.

stuckincincy
09-03-2014, 01:05 PM
It was excruciating at Bank of America... After every big play or score they would play Bon Jovi. We became a bigger joke after Ralph's death with JBJ being the punchline.

I wonder when all this push to orchestrate games started. It's a far cry from the organist at an old Bisons or Sabres hockey game. What's wrong with just savoring the play?...you can get bombarded by music 24/7 if you like, at home or in your vehicle.

Pet peeve: These music "themes" at large fireworks shows. Cincinnati has several big shows - the Rozzi family who puts on shows nationwide is local. There was a letter to the editor in the local paper a day ago, where some gal complained that the music didn't feature enough female artists.

Please. Fireworks are spectacle enough - a time to look up in awe, hear sounds not usual. Not polluted with somebody's sound track.

trapezeus
09-03-2014, 01:23 PM
this is hilarious. a great way to break the monotony of a boring game.