PDA

View Full Version : Do you disagree with anything here?

Oaf
09-02-2014, 09:52 PM
From some Bills fan named Josh.

Offseason/Preseason: Jairus Byrd lost to free agency. Marcell Dareus missing camp to attend substance abuse program. Kiko Alonso out the entire season. Cordy Glenn not at camp with mysterious non-football illness. Jim Schwartz in as Defensive Coordinator. Ralph died. The team's for sale. I've already got a migraine and a cramp in my dick and we haven't played a game yet.

Weeks 1-4: A relatively favorable schedule will have us fall ass backward into being 3-1 and the BILLievers will be out in force, myself included.

Weeks 5-8: Schwartz will prove useful against his old team and Watkins will have a big game against Detroit in Week 5. The matchup with the Pats in Week 6 will actually get some rare, pregame foreplay. New England will embarrass us. EJ will get hurt and be out 4-6 weeks. A warm body will take his place under center.

Week 9: We'll be 4-4 at the bye week with EJ still on the mend and several others banged up. Probably be on our 3rd string running back and waiver wire linebackers at this point.

Weeks 10-13: This will be another 1-3 stretch. The season will unofficially end in Week 13 with Buffalo hosting the coming out party for Johnny Manziel. After throwing his third touchdown late in the fourth quarter to take a commanding lead, he'll strut over to a sideline camera giving his money-finger-rub and taunt, "Heard y'all were for sale. Thinkin' 'bout buyin' y'all with the money I made in college." By Tuesday morning, the top story on Deadspin will be an underexposed, grainy photo of Manziel blowing coke off of a Jills cheerleader's ass from Saturday night before the game.

Weeks 14-17: At Denver, vs Green Bay, at Oakland, and at New England. That's 3 ass whoopins wrapped around a late afternoon, season-garbage-time game that pits us against the Raiders in a scrimmage of the 5-9's. We'll beat them in some weird, sloppy game by a score of 16-5 or something. The only highlight from the game will be vertically-shot iPhone footage of some rowdy Bills Mafia getting into a parking lot brawl with those guys from Raider Nation that look like the offspring of a Darth Vader/Road Warriors/KISS orgy. We'll finish the year 6-10, 2-4 in the division. I'll be in the yard burning my Bills jersey and zubaz, grumbling to my wife about Goodell, concussions, and Tom Brady in an effort to rationalize why I'm renouncing the NFL and becoming a baseball fan. To maintain my masochism, I'll choose to cheer for the Cubs.

This seems humorously and depressingly accurate.

YardRat
09-03-2014, 05:01 AM
Pretty funny

Fletch
09-03-2014, 06:31 AM
Do you disagree with anything here?

That is pretty funny, but if you can't laugh at yourself ...

I disagree that we'll start 3-1.

I also don't see us beating Detroit, I have no idea how we're going to stop their passing game, we couldn't beat one team last season ranked better than 18th in passing and Detroit was ranked 3rd in passing. San Diego was ranked 4th and Chicago 5th. I see three losses there. Houston was ranked 15th and can't possibly be much worse this season. I think that's our best chance for a win.

The only highlight from the game will be vertically-shot iPhone footage of some rowdy Bills Mafia getting into a parking lot brawl with those guys from Raider Nation that look like the offspring of a Darth Vader/Road Warriors/KISS orgy.

LOL

Fletch
09-03-2014, 06:43 AM
In trying to figure out our record and how good we are compared to last season, I'm not sure that anyone realizes that of our starting Linebacker corps, we have not one pass-oriented LB starting.

Spikes, Rivers, and Brown are all almost exclusively run-defending LBs. WTF are we going to do on passing downs, which is most plays?

We can dismiss this as being irrelevant, but it would be ridiculously remiss to not consider that in any evaluation of what our record will be this season.

We couldn't beat one single team finishing better than 18th ranked in passing last season and our pass D just got significantly worse with Kiko out and Byrd and Leonard gone.

If we go by last season's rankings, then we face the following ranked passing teams:

1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 10th (twice) the Pats who we never beat, 11th, and 15th. That's 9 games.

The other teams are Miami, who we can take two from, the Jets with whom we'll either split or drop both, Minnesota, Oakland, and KC.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-03-2014, 08:03 AM
That is pretty funny, but if you can't laugh at yourself ...

I disagree that we'll start 3-1.

I also don't see us beating Detroit, I have no idea how we're going to stop their passing game, we couldn't beat one team last season ranked better than 18th in passing and Detroit was ranked 3rd in passing. San Diego was ranked 4th and Chicago 5th. I see three losses there. Houston was ranked 15th and can't possibly be much worse this season. I think that's our best chance for a win.

LOL

disagree with the boldened part if you remember who is now leading their offense... That and who knows how Andre Johnson's offseason antics will affect chemistry? time will tell i guess

BillsFanCupp38
09-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Sounds bout right...

wolfpack
09-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Pretty funny

No, this is funny!

http://youtu.be/lMZgxwu0YwQ

OpIv37
09-03-2014, 08:58 AM
I disagree with the part about Manziel doing blow off a cherleader's ass. There are no Jills anymore.

He'll have to settle for a private college student whose rich daddy got her a boob job for her 18th birthday.

Fletch
09-03-2014, 09:52 AM
disagree with the boldened part if you remember who is now leading their offense... That and who knows how Andre Johnson's offseason antics will affect chemistry? time will tell i guess

I agree, it's probably one of our more winnable games. But so were Tampa, Atlanta, and Cleveland last season, all 4-12 teams, all losses. Of the four worst teams we played that were 4-12, we were 1-3.

I realize that everyone likes to look at the schedule and assume that any games against teams comparable to or worse on paper than we are are automatic wins, but that hasn't been the case in years.

Also, keep in mind that the Texans just traded for Mallett, so he could very well be playing by then.

Otherwise, the guy that wrote this piece has us losing to Houston.

Fletch
09-03-2014, 09:55 AM
He'll have to settle for a private college student whose rich daddy got her a boob job for her 18th birthday.

Doesn't seem to be any shortage of them these days.

Oaf
09-03-2014, 03:42 PM
No, this is funny!

http://youtu.be/lMZgxwu0YwQ

Haha, where did you find that?

It's the little things in the guy's post that make me smile. The "falling into belief" that we could be good, the build up to a "competitive" Pats game only to get smashed, the entering our bye week severely banged up, the giving up three passing TDs to one of the most pass-anemic offenses at home, the obligatory now-that-we're-OUT-out win that leaves us to draft a Gilmore instead of a Kueckly (extra credit for calling the late afternoon snoozefest). It's so 2000's Buffalo.

wolfpack
09-04-2014, 06:56 AM
Haha, where did you find that?

It's the little things in the guy's post that make me smile. The "falling into belief" that we could be good, the build up to a "competitive" Pats game only to get smashed, the entering our bye week severely banged up, the giving up three passing TDs to one of the most pass-anemic offenses at home, the obligatory now-that-we're-OUT-out win that leaves us to draft a Gilmore instead of a Kueckly (extra credit for calling the late afternoon snoozefest). It's so 2000's Buffalo.

Why you of course! http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/223990-Post-Draft-lull-set-in-so-my-brother-and-I-made-a-rap?p=3948794&highlight=#post3948794

better days
09-04-2014, 09:28 AM
It could play out just as the OP says, or maybe not.

I will take the games one at a time & enjoy the wins.

Packers at Seahawks tonight, OPENING Game of the season.

GO Pack.