PDA

View Full Version : Orton on the John Murphy show.

better days
09-03-2014, 01:38 PM
I heard a prerecorded Orton interview on the Murph show today.

Said he was a neighbor of Kyle Williams down in La. & played golf with him.

Said he played with Ruben Brown for 3 years in Chicago & that Ruben would always RAVE about BUFFALO.

Said the Coaches spent 12 hours on Saturday (their day off) teaching him the offense & he is now comfortable in it.

When he said before that Buffalo was where he wanted to be, probably because of Kyle & Ruben.

Said being from Iowa, he is happy to play for another northern team.

Meathead
09-03-2014, 01:47 PM
pretty down to earth for being a savior

The King
09-03-2014, 01:50 PM
hes also bee coached in how to deal with ej questions.

justasportsfan
09-03-2014, 01:52 PM
When he said before that Buffalo was where he wanted to be, probably because of Kyle & Ruben.

5 million dollars had nothing to with it. :liar:

stuckincincy
09-03-2014, 01:57 PM

Said he played with Ruben Brown for 3 years in Chicago & that Ruben would always RAVE about BUFFALO.

Said the Coaches spent 12 hours on Saturday (their day off) teaching him the offense & he is now comfortable in it.

He is America's sweetheart.

better days
09-03-2014, 02:06 PM
5 million dollars had nothing to with it. :liar:

Nobody said that, but he could have stayed with the Cowboys. For some reason, he wanted out of Dallas.

I'm sure another team like the Rams would have been happy to have him & he would have started there, but who knows how much they would have been willing to pay.

Fitz got $7.5 Million from the Texans with $4 Million Guaranteed. If Orton only plays this year for the bills he will make $1 Million more than Fitz. I think Orton is worth that.

The Bills have an option for next year for $6 Million if they want to keep Orton.

justasportsfan
09-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Nobody said that, but he could have stayed with the Cowboys. For some reason, he wanted out of Dallas.

I'm sure another team like the Rams would have been happy to have him & he would have started there, but who knows how much they would have been willing to pay.

Fitz got $7.5 Million from the Texans with $4 Million Guaranteed. If Orton only plays this year for the bills he will make $1 Million more than Fitz. I think Orton is worth that.

The Bills have an option for next year for $6 Million if they want to keep Orton.

oh relax BD. I'm glad we signed Orton. But I'm sure 5 million had something to do with his signing with us as well as EJ's inconsistency.

Mr. Miyagi
09-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Ugh. We're so pathetic we think Kyle Orton is our savior. :ill:

better days
09-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Ugh. We're so pathetic we think Kyle Orton is our savior. :ill:

If EJ gets injured, he may be.

I am much happier knowing Orton is on the bench instead of Thad or Jeff.

BuffaloRedleg
09-03-2014, 03:04 PM
I always thought Orton got a raw deal and was actually pretty decent. He was better than Fitz.

I'm praying for a Rich Gannon scenario, but god knows we'd never be that lucky.

THATHURMANATOR
09-03-2014, 03:41 PM
He is no savior but a great insurance policy.

He is an average to slightly above Average QB. That is all we really need.

If EJ is terrible at least we have something.

THRILLHO
09-03-2014, 03:47 PM

Maybe he didn't feel like going through training camp and pre-season. Sign with a new team for a bunch of money one week before the start of the season.

better days
09-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Maybe he didn't feel like going through training camp and pre-season. Sign with a new team for a bunch of money one week before the start of the season.

Yeah, I said that myself in another thread. He may have wanted to retire, but $11 Million is good reason to postpone that.

trapezeus
09-03-2014, 04:42 PM
i have never heard the interview where the player has said, "i am down to my last options and frankly my agent pulled a fast one here. i can't believe i'm getting paid what i'm getting paid. I saw the playbook, not going to lie. it's complex. i spent 12 hours with coaches and it just wasn't sinking in. and frankly i'm terrified because it makes no sense on paper and i haven't even done walk throughs or thrown a ball out of the formation. i'm just hoping i don't get killed out there."

if that interview was somewhat common, i'd be excited at his interview. but it's mostly fluff. and frankly a 32 year old journey man QB should not be getting us excited. this is the state of what a russ brandon V3 built team looks like and what the fans must endure.

Meathead
09-03-2014, 04:55 PM
He is no savior but a great insurance policy.

He is an average to slightly above Average QB. That is all we really need.

If EJ is terrible at least we have something.

id say slightly below average but the point remains

YardRat
09-03-2014, 05:27 PM
I always thought Orton got a raw deal and was actually pretty decent. He was better than Fitz.

I'm praying for a Rich Gannon scenario, but god knows we'd never be that lucky.

I'd take a replay of Griese/Morrall from the early '70's myself.

OpIv37
09-03-2014, 05:53 PM

Good to see Orton and the coaches putting in the work to learn the playbook but a 12 hour cram session doesn't make up for missing the first 6 weeks of the semester.....

I do think he's a better option than Tuel or Thad, but if EJ gets hurt in the first game and he has to play, I just can't imagine how he'll be ready.

And on a semi-related note, WTF happened to Thad? Last year he looked like a passable back up. This year, he looked like he never played the game before. He wanted nothing to do with being in the pocket and wouldn't set his feet before he threw, causing accuracy problems. I have no idea how he regressed that much.

YardRat
09-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Good to see Orton and the coaches putting in the work to learn the playbook but a 12 hour cram session doesn't make up for missing the first 6 weeks of the semester.....

I do think he's a better option than Tuel or Thad, but if EJ gets hurt in the first game and he has to play, I just can't imagine how he'll be ready.

And on a semi-related note, WTF happened to Thad? Last year he looked like a passable back up. This year, he looked like he never played the game before. He wanted nothing to do with being in the pocket and wouldn't set his feet before he threw, causing accuracy problems. I have no idea how he regressed that much.

All three appeared to regress...that isn't simply coincidence or coaching, as some would like to think. Look at the olines that were put in front of these guys for five games...it's a wonder they all got through the preseason without getting injured, or at least dinged up a little bit.

better days
09-03-2014, 10:01 PM

Well, Orton said he is not really learning the offense.

He said he is learning the game plan for the upcoming game. That is much smaller in scope than the entire playbook.

And he said that is what will happen all season. He will learn game plan after game plan for 16 weeks.