Buffalo News calls an audible...brings back Carucci, Welcome home Vic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

Buffalo News calls an audible...brings back Carucci, Welcome home Vic!

Vic Carucci is returning to The Buffalo News as a Bills beat reporter beginning Sept. 24. Carucci covered the Bills for 17 years before joining NFL.com as a columnist in 1999. He has spent the past three years as a senior editor for the Cleveland Browns.
    Carucci steps in for Mark Gaughan, who requested a change from full-time Bills coverage after 23 years on the beat. Gaughan will continue to contribute to the Bills beat but will primarily cover college sports.

Too bad the News can't get rid of always "negative" Jerry Sullivan but this is a step in right direction for the Buffalo News
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 09-04-2014, 11:10 AM.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Buffalo News calls an audible...brings back Carucci, Welcome home Vic!

He goes from covering BUF to covering whoever then covering CLE and then back to BUF.

I bet he is cynical.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Turf
      • Jul 2002

Wow, Gaughan must have been overwhelmed having to cover the Bills and college sports lol.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
        He goes from covering BUF to covering whoever then covering CLE and then back to BUF.

I bet he is cynical.
        Sounds more cyclical than cynical, LOL.

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

I wish the BN could hire Ricig full time.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

I tweeted to Vic that after living through the Bills glory years, Cleveland must really be a drag.

He never answered me, lol.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

I like it. Good guy. Good writer.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Vic is a positive guy.

Many here will hate him.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  Vic is a positive guy.

Many here will hate him.
                  Or scratch their heads about why someone is going to get paid for being positive about a club going on 15 years on the outside looking in. I suppose a sunny outlook may sell a few papers and tickets.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
                    who requested a change from full-time Bills coverage after 23 years on the beat.
                    I feel ya, Mark.

On a side note, if we could only get rid of Murph now. I'm too young to remember Van Miller, but I miss him all the same.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

The Bills haven't been relevant since Carrucci left.

Coincidence? I think not.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• black N yellow
                        • Dec 2012

If they would can angry timmy graham next I'd call it progress.

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                          Vic is a positive guy.

Many here will hate him.
                          I wouldn't really say that at all, Carucci is pretty realistic and straightforward, which isn't always so positive. Glad to see him back though, he calls them like he sees them, good writer.

I'm not sure if anyone saw the game preview News clip from last year where Gaughan finished what he was saying, the camera switched over to Sullivan and someone else, Graham had been sitting next to him with a cup of coffee, you sort of heard this "urgh" thump thump thump, Sullivan and the other guy looked down, and they came back in the next clip without Gaughan, Graham's cup of coffee, a clean table and everyone looking pasty. A couple of Gaughans postgames seemed kind of well, not entirely Gaughan, and I had this feeling besides liking him as a writer he wanted to move along.

Carucci though, is ruthlessly serious, good or bad and gives you his no-sorry opinions without playing to a demographic.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by black N yellow View Post
                            If they would can angry timmy graham next I'd call it progress.
                            I like Graham still even if I don't always agree with him. He still figures he's a sportswriter where Sullivan considers himself a sports critic.

Comment

• Topas
                              German smartass
                              • Feb 2014

> Mark Gaughan, who requested a change from full-time Bills coverage after 23 years on the beat.

Mark, I really understand that ...
                              I would also like to move on an 25 years of being a Bills fan and root for a real football team. But unfortunately it is not that easy ...

Comment

Working...
                              X