PDA

View Full Version : No one giving us a chance

Fletch
09-05-2014, 06:42 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/1

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/3/6100049/nfl-week-1-picks-experts-bears-broncos-patriots-seahawks-kickoff-weekend

0-fer

Historian
09-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Did you know the Bills have never won in Chicago?

In all fairness, nobody is picking Cleveland either.

trapezeus
09-05-2014, 07:21 AM
the other thing picking the bills to lose is the point spread. at 6 points, its one of the highest spreads aside fromt he eagles jax game.

in my pickem pool, i had a really hard time not selecting the bears over the bills. everyone else did.

Fletch
09-05-2014, 08:06 AM

Wow, 0-5 there. Last time in '06.

No, had no idea. Thanks for the heads up.

I just looked, we haven't won in Oakland either since we've been in the NFL. We beat the Raiders once in '91 in L.A., but never in Oakland.

0-6 there last time in '05. We play them on the road this year too.

We're 1-3 @ Detroit too with our win in '79.

I won't even mention Denver this season. Sounds like 4 L's.

- - - Updated - - -

the other thing picking the bills to lose is the point spread. at 6 points, its one of the highest spreads aside fromt he eagles jax game.

in my pickem pool, i had a really hard time not selecting the bears over the bills. everyone else did.

You should have picked the Bears too, now you've jinxed yourself.

k-oneputt
09-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Buffalo or Cleveland will cover this weekend.

gebobs
09-05-2014, 08:33 AM

Here's what I had to say on publishing my Survivor pool. Out of 20 players, ten picked Chicago and six took Philly.

Four survivors might luck out this week if the Eagles screw the pooch against the Jags and the Bears get lost on their way to Soldier Field against the Bills. Don’t hold your breath. There’s a better chance of being struck by lightning while cashing your winning lottery ticket with Elvis at the corner store.

Turf
09-05-2014, 08:37 AM
48-10 Bills. That's just how it goes sometimes....

BertSquirtgum
09-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Who cares? I just can't wait to watch Bills football again

ServoBillieves
09-05-2014, 09:02 AM
I'm still watching and hoping the Bills win. I wonder if that's the case for others around here.

Bill Cody
09-05-2014, 09:17 AM
I'm still watching and hoping the Bills win. I wonder if that's the case for others around here.

me too

stuckincincy
09-05-2014, 09:30 AM

Seems like a fair home opener line...the usual 3 for the home club, and I suppose the other 3 comes from BUF's poor offensive showing in the pre season. :(

better days
09-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Bleacher report predictions has 15-0 in favor of the Bears winning.

It will just be all the sweeter when the Bills WIN.

Scumbag College
09-05-2014, 09:45 AM

As awful as they've looked in preseason and as much as my head is telling me they are going to suck this year, I'm still wicked excited about Sunday and can't wait going to the bar at 9:30 to watch the game.

stuckincincy
09-05-2014, 09:49 AM
As awful as they've looked in preseason and as much as my head is telling me they are going to suck this year, I'm still wicked excited about Sunday and can't wait going to the bar at 9:30 to watch the game.

That's the spirit! :kid:

Scumbag College
09-05-2014, 09:56 AM
That's the spirit! :kid:

I just moved to the left coast this summer. My first 10am Bills game!

better days
09-05-2014, 11:01 AM

I have been on the Left Coast for Bills games.

Breakfast & bloody marys.

gebobs
09-05-2014, 11:13 AM
I have been on the Left Coast for Bills games.

Breakfast & bloody marys.

I watched a Bills-Niners game with my SF traitor brother in Honolulu. Jaymo shots at 8am. That was the game that Thurman (?) fumbled on the goal line that the Niners returned for a TD. Classic Bills fail.

Fletch
09-05-2014, 11:39 AM

Could be a few years.

swiper
09-05-2014, 11:54 AM

At least they have Hoyer & Manziel. It's a step above the crap that exists in Buffalo.

If you patch our WRs/RBs with their QBs you may have a halfway competent offense.

Historian
09-05-2014, 11:57 AM
I watched a Bills-Niners game with my SF traitor brother in Honolulu. Jaymo shots at 8am. That was the game that Thurman (?) fumbled on the goal line that the Niners returned for a TD. Classic Bills fail.

I believe that was Darrick Holmes...

Bill Cody
09-05-2014, 12:23 PM
At least they have Hoyer & Manziel. It's a step above the crap that exists in Buffalo.

If you patch our WRs/RBs with their QBs you may have a halfway competent offense.

Not so sure about that. Hoyer and Manziel looked BAD in preseason. I alternate on manziel between thinking he has something to just wishing someone would knock that entitled punk ass smirk off his face, leaning right now to the latter.

stuckincincy
09-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Not so sure about that. Hoyer and Manziel looked BAD in preseason. I alternate on manziel between thinking he has something to just wishing someone would knock that entitled punk ass smirk off his face, leaning right now to the latter.

Who knows how Manziel will work out, but I'll give him credit...he plays with his balls hanging out.

better days
09-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Who knows how Manziel will work out, but I'll give him credit...he plays with his balls hanging out.

So did Trent Edwards until he got HIT.

It is just a matter of time.

stuckincincy
09-05-2014, 12:44 PM
So did Trent Edwards until he got HIT.

It is just a matter of time.

When did Edwards ever scramble around like a chicken with a pail of boiling water flung at his butt, trying to make a play? :trance:

better days
09-05-2014, 12:49 PM
When did Edwards ever scramble around like a chicken with a pail of boiling water flung at his butt, trying to make a play? :trance:

He didn't do that, but he hung tough in the pocket waiting for a play to develop.

After the HIT, Edwards got rid of the ball FAST, checking down to a safety valve rather than waiting for a play to develop.

WagonCircler
09-05-2014, 01:20 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/1

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/3/6100049/nfl-week-1-picks-experts-bears-broncos-patriots-seahawks-kickoff-weekend

0-fer

You, using the word "us" pertaining to the BUFFALO Bills, Felch? That's hilarious.

stuckincincy
09-05-2014, 01:22 PM
He didn't do that, but he hung tough in the pocket waiting for a play to develop.

After the HIT, Edwards got rid of the ball FAST, checking down to a safety valve rather than waiting for a play to develop.

Well, if that big hit changed things, why in the world did BUF keep him for another 2 years?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Edwards

WagonCircler
09-05-2014, 01:22 PM

I agree. He was always trying to feign "poise" by standing calmly, pretending to "go through his progressions" before checking down in the flat to a Running Back.

better days
09-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Well, if that big hit changed things, why in the world did BUF keep him for another 2 years?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Edwards

Opiv could tell you..................STUPIDITY!

bleve
09-05-2014, 01:30 PM

Ahh yes, drinkin' beer at 10:00 a.m. It's noon somewhere!

I'll be at the bar, beer in hand, and Busto Bingo cards at the ready.

justasportsfan
09-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Bills have to do to Duh Bears what the seahawks did to Packers. Stop the run and make their O one dimensional. Whether we can do it is a huge questionmark.

Bill Cody
09-05-2014, 03:05 PM

Or does he just run like hell at the first sign of pressure because he hasn't learned his progressions? It seems like that's the case so far. If you're going to act like a punk you better be able to back it up on the field in spades. So far so bad.

justasportsfan
09-05-2014, 03:11 PM
You, using the word "us" pertaining to the BUFFALO Bills, Felch? That's hilarious.

I think Fletch is Feelthepain in disguise.

HAMMER
09-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Check out this disrespect, they say 28-2 Bears.
http://www.sportsxchange.com/tsxfiles/?page_id=211&max_colums=60&story_id=87493

better days
09-05-2014, 04:16 PM

So that writer is saying we get a Safety on their offense, but doesn't think we will even come up with a FG against that "GREAT" Bears Defense?

LMAO.

ServoBillieves
09-05-2014, 04:20 PM

Why can no one spell Nickell Robey's name right?

ticatfan
09-06-2014, 12:57 PM
30-13 bears.

better days
09-07-2014, 07:34 AM
If Bills fans are to believe EVERYONE who has opined on this game, I don't know why any Bills fan would watch it.

We are sure to see the Bills get their A$$ kicked.

Everyone predicting a blowout by the Bears is dismissing just how bad their defense was last year.

In spite of a great Offense, the Bears finished 8-8 last year.

If the Bears are to improve on that record, their Defense will have to be MUCH better this year than it was last year.

I don't see that happening.

Bills 27

Bears 21

Fletch
09-07-2014, 07:49 AM

LMAO

Fletch
09-07-2014, 07:51 AM

Much of the posting here is even funnier.

Owen DeBoard
09-07-2014, 10:47 AM
If the Bills can run the ball on the Bears D and play keep away from their offense then I think the Bills have a chance to win. The Bears D was one of the worst teams at stopping the run last year so if that carries over I like the Bills chances.

gebobs
09-08-2014, 08:08 AM
If the Bills can run the ball on the Bears D and play keep away from their offense then I think the Bills have a chance to win. The Bears D was one of the worst teams at stopping the run last year so if that carries over I like the Bills chances.

No play illustrated this any better than Fred's double-stiff arm that knocked Chris conte back 10 yards and on his ass.

k-oneputt
09-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Buffalo or Cleveland will cover this weekend.

My bad, they both covered.

Night Train
09-08-2014, 08:35 AM

Stationed in the Military during the 1980's in San Diego. Loved those games coming on and ending early.