PDA

View Full Version : Doug Marrone Is A Big Meanie

BillsImpossible
09-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Good! The Bills finally have a head coach that isn't a yes man wuss.

I think the latest preseason soap opera news is good news, not bad.

Marv Levy and Bill Polian used to get in some very heated arguments. They dropped many F-bombs at each other over the years, and the same goes with John Butler on the sidelines of Fredonia State.

If social media existed back in 1988, the recent tiff between Marrone and the Bills brass would look trivial in comparison to the shouting matches Polian and Butler got in with Marv...in public.

What has Doug Marrone done to make his bosses mad?

He said Kouandjio isn't ready.

He said they can do better than Urbik at guard.

He said Chris Hogan was playing better than Woods.

He said Richardson was playing better than Williams.

According to training camp reports, Marrone is right.

According to draft statuses and salaries, Marrone is wrong.

When did Doug go mad?

When the Bills signed Jordan Palmer. I'd be pissed and blow my top too.

What is football all about?

Playing the best 11 players on defense and offense, or playing the highest paid, highest drafted players?

Was Marrone, "coddling," EJ Manuel or were his hands tied from above at the start?

The end result of the argument manifested in the signing of Kyle Orton.

I think Marrone and Whaley won the argument because the Bills brass would never sign a backup quarterback for $5 million without a fight.

When I read that Jim Monos wanted to see more Cyrus Kouandjio, I started this thread.

Skooby
09-05-2014, 07:44 PM
This might end bad, for everybody.

Don't Panic
09-05-2014, 07:53 PM
...or it might prove to the new owners that the Dougs know what they're doing and the OBD relics need to be shown the door. As they say, winning will cure everything.

Mace
09-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Marrone probably could have pulled off the stern but compassionate Dad bit had he not happily been posterized last year when he was happy pal Dad. Coughlin got results going from stern to nice, but I think anyone who has ever managed anyone knows nice to stern is somewhat more difficult. It's better to be stern then switch to nice, makes people happy. Going from nice to stern aggravates them.

coastal
09-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Marrone is the only one worth keeping at this point.

he is far from being the problem here.

at this point... the new owner should embrace him and watch the other rats scurry for their self-righteous severance parachutes.

Skooby
09-05-2014, 09:23 PM
I see Doug distancing himself from the others, it's usually what happens when everyone else is on fire.

Mace
09-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Marrone is the only one worth keeping at this point.

he is far from being the problem here.

Well, and I'm not being a jerk for the sake of it, why ? Best I can come up with is that he's a likeable person, but so was Gailey.

HAMMER
09-05-2014, 10:36 PM
IMO Whaley has drafted pretty damn well.

JoeMama
09-05-2014, 10:42 PM
+1 for this thread title.

pmoon6
09-06-2014, 05:36 AM
+1 for this thread title.Seconded.

GreedoII
09-06-2014, 05:45 AM
Why is someone like Monos even having any input anyway???

Night Train
09-06-2014, 08:03 AM
I remember Tasker recently saying on radio the NFL has teams that have good players who love making money and the attention/lifestyle that goes with it...but winning is secondary and they hate putting in the work.

I think he's dead on. Weed them out. I always viewed Stevie J that way and lost zero sleep over his exit. I'm sure there's still a few here in Buffalo.