PDA

View Full Version : Where are you watching the opener & what's on the menu ??

Skooby
09-06-2014, 04:04 PM
I'm watching it at home & there's Spicy Buffalo Cheese dip, spicy turkey teriyaki meatballs, Cheese Fondue (wine) with bread dip / vegetables / fruit. We're also having meatloaf with cheesy potato au gratin, with a whole slew of Absolute Vodka plus several mixers & beer.

So where is everyone else watching the game & having for food ??

ublinkwescore
09-06-2014, 04:21 PM
At home, streaming it from my awesome new magic tv box. And since im on the west coast, I will be having linguica and vegetable scrambled eggs topped with cheese and sriracha about an hour before kick off. But no booze. I think it's funny how every one thinks I got took for $300 actually, it costed me $354.62. But it performs as advertised. It WILL pay for itself in a matter of months.

ublinkwescore
09-06-2014, 04:25 PM
I might spend the afternoon after the bills games showing off my new device. Because everyone that buys one makes me $29.90. Or even more if I sell quite a few. I almost want to make you fools eat crow, but thurm can vouch for me.

Scumbag College
09-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Pacific Beach Ale House, Pacific Beach, CA. 9am post gym, pregame fish tacos and a few pints of the bar's IPA during the game. If it gets ugly, maybe a shot of Grandad in the second half.

gebobs
09-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Home. One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park.

Sahlens, Webers, Labatt. That is all.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Thank God I'm not working tomorrow. at home in good ol' Muncie Indiana. I always have a bottle of honey jack available. some wings. maybe my wife'll make a steak. we'll see

MidnightVoice
09-06-2014, 05:05 PM
I figure the sun will be in the perfect position for solar photography about the time the Bills fall 3 TDs behind (1pm Central). Then I will cook pork chops and pan haggerty

Novacane
09-06-2014, 05:06 PM
At home I don't know yet.

BillsImpossible
09-06-2014, 05:27 PM
At home with my 3 best friends that I used to have season tickets with.

Beer and pizza.

No woman allowed from 1-4pm.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-06-2014, 05:33 PM
At home on the couch. Since I just had wisdom teeth pulled probably jello and water.

Bunion
09-06-2014, 05:52 PM
On the laptop with can after can of Holsten Pils.

BOBM253
09-06-2014, 06:05 PM
At home alone (wife out shopping) with my five furry buddies with a bag of chips and can or two of coors light.

SpikedLemonade
09-06-2014, 06:38 PM
The youngest son and I are now working our way through a 28 of beer (they seem to sell them that way now) right now of Sleeman's Original Draught while watching the Notre Dame game. We just finished watching the USC @ Stanford game while eating 70+ little chicken wings I did on the BBQ. We will finish the 28 tonight and warm up the remaining wings.

Tomorrow morning we will head out for some great dim sum in the late morning. We will drink another 28. I have chicken thighs marinating for a homemade Hakka Chicken with Chilies over Basmati Rice for dinner tomorrow. Sunday Ticket is free tomorrow so we will watch everything after the Bills fall behind. We both play in the same FF league.

Monday morning I cook a big breakfast of bacon, hasbrowns and eggs. We head on a bus trip to the NYG @ Lions game in Detroit with more beer.

Tuesday I will seek a liver replacement.

pmoon6
09-06-2014, 06:51 PM
The same as every other opener for the last 30 years. Chicken wings, crab cakes with three dipping sauces, and homemade pizza.

BuffaloRedleg
09-06-2014, 07:29 PM
First Bills game since moving back to Buffalo so I think I'm going to go out somewhere. I live down in Allentown, any recommendations?

bleve
09-06-2014, 07:39 PM
The game is at 10:00 a.m for me, so there's no "tailgate". I'm having my tailgate meal tonight.

Better Boy tomato and basil from the garden with some mozzarella for a fantastic insalate caprese for an appetizer.

Main course is a bastardization of beef on weck, french dip, with a California touch.

Grilled Tri-tip on a grilled Ciabatta roll, with caraway infused horseradish mayo spread topped with provolone, and arugula.

Tomorrow a.m. will be morning coffee/Sunday news, then off to pick up an egg/sausage sandwich on an "everything" bagel, and off to "The Graduate", the sports bar I watch games.

There I will meet up with my comrades, pass out bingo cards, and at precisely 10:00 a.m. - as I've done many years consistently - raise a glass of Sierra Nevada Flippside, and toast "here's to next year".

Let the games begin!

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-06-2014, 07:42 PM
The game is at 10:00 a.m for me, so there's no "tailgate". I'm having my tailgate meal tonight.

Better Boy tomato and basil from the garden with some mozzarella for a fantastic insalate caprese for an appetizer.

Main course is a bastardization of beef on weck, french dip, with a California touch.

Grilled Tri-tip on a grilled Ciabatta roll, with caraway infused horseradish mayo spread topped with provolone, and arugula.

Tomorrow a.m. will be morning coffee/Sunday news, then off to pick up an egg/sausage sandwich on an "everything" bagel, and off to "The Graduate", the sports bar I watch games.

There I will meet up with my comrades, pass out bingo cards, and at precisely 10:00 a.m. - as I've done many years consistently - raise a glass of Sierra Nevada Flippside, and toast "here's to next year".

Let the games begin!

as a lifelong eastern time zone person, what time do bars open in california, oregon and washington on sundays? i'm guessing you guys have to open much earlier due to the 10 am start?

bleve
09-06-2014, 08:03 PM
as a lifelong eastern time zone person, what time do bars open in california, oregon and washington on sundays? i'm guessing you guys have to open much earlier due to the 10 am start?

8:00 a.m.here in CA, but it doesn't get filled up until around 9-9:30.

IDK about the other states.

Mace
09-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Home. A lot of Molsons and Labatts Light beer, savealot potato salad and savealot frozen mini cheese and pepperoni pizzas.

I'm going to save my vintage wine, savory caviar and pheasant for the Cleveland game in November. I just wish the pheasant would stop flying around and crapping on everything in the mean time.

stuckincincy
09-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Grits.

BillsOverDolphins
09-06-2014, 09:32 PM
The MWR at Bagram Airfield...no eatins. The 1:00PM games come on 9:30P local time:rofl:

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-06-2014, 09:44 PM
The MWR at Bagram Airfield...no eatins. The 1:00PM games come on 9:30P local time:rofl:

i'm assuming you are in the military. thank you for your service!

BillsOverDolphins
09-06-2014, 10:01 PM
i'm assuming you are in the military. thank you for your service!

No sir, contractor. We help support the military (DoD contract) but I can't claim them. I will be watching the games with them though:up:

Mace
09-06-2014, 10:04 PM

Stock up at Koele, and refreshing bottled water with another refreshing bottled water.

Stay tough.

BillsOverDolphins
09-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Stock up at Koele, and refreshing bottled water with another refreshing bottled water.

Stay tough.

Had breakfast there this morning--their omelets are 10x better than the ones at KAF and Leatherneck

Mace
09-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Had breakfast there this morning--their omelets are 10x better than the ones at KAF and Leatherneck

The Royal Canadian

Go to the Drop Zone DFAC on SH for midnight chow. Grab an oatmeal cup or two and get as much syrup as you can in both. Take them with you to the shower trailer on SH that has no COLD Water at all. Once in shower, smother self with syrup, and turn on only hot water. Let syrup rinse off with just hot water and stay in the shower until it runs out of hot water.

DISCLAIMER: May require you to get Canadian Passport afterwards, because after the Royal Canadian, you will never be an American again. Welcome to Canada!

http://www.ilovebagram.com/dfacrecipes.php

Will make you laugh at least.

Captain gameboy
09-06-2014, 11:43 PM
I put the the 8 pound Boston Butt on at exactly 1am, minutes ago.
It will cook 13 hours of so at exactly 225 degrees in my Primo XL Komado grill. The Primo is a bit better than the Green Egg, I think, and is US made.

I'm using my trusty Digi-Q apparatus with Pit Viper blower to ensure the temperature is perfectly maintained.

Should be done around 2 pm. I'll wrap it in foil and a towel and put it in a cooler for an hour when the internal temperature is 195f.

Pulled pork at 3pm.

BillsOverDolphins
09-07-2014, 12:37 AM
http://www.ilovebagram.com/dfacrecipes.php

Will make you laugh at least.

:rofl:give it a few months and I'll contribute to the recipes.

bosshogg21
09-07-2014, 01:52 AM
Jimmys old town tavern in northern va. The best bills backers bar. Perogies and kielbasa, beef on weck, anchor bar wing sauce, sponge candy, labatts...home away from home.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-07-2014, 02:42 AM
7th Chili's at Kahala mall, Oahu. Sysco foods of some kind.

coastal
09-07-2014, 06:00 AM
I put the the 8 pound Boston Butt on at exactly 1am, minutes ago.
It will cook 13 hours of so at exactly 225 degrees in my Primo XL Komado grill. The Primo is a bit better than the Green Egg, I think, and is US made.

I'm using my trusty Digi-Q apparatus with Pit Viper blower to ensure the temperature is perfectly maintained.

Should be done around 2 pm. I'll wrap it in foil and a towel and put it in a cooler for an hour when the internal temperature is 195f.

Pulled pork at 3pm.
Bbq snob.

I'd outcook you on a Weber Kettle.

And 203 is what your looking for.

Famous Amos
09-07-2014, 07:01 AM
Home. One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park.

Sahlens, Webers, Labatt. That is all.

I have a buddy that lives in South Carolina and it's rare to find Labatt's down there. Where do you get your Sahlen's and Blue?

Famous Amos
09-07-2014, 07:08 AM
First Bills game since moving back to Buffalo so I think I'm going to go out somewhere. I live down in Allentown, any recommendations?
my old neighborhood! I just moved out. The Lenox Grill on North Street is a hidden gem. A big beer list, good burgers and they have specials- 50 cent wing Monday.

Famous Amos
09-07-2014, 07:11 AM

Let the games begin!

I polished off a six pack of Flip Side at a friend's bonfire last night. It had a clean hoppy finish with subtle notes of grapefruit and a grassy, earthy taste.

BuffaloRedleg
09-07-2014, 09:18 AM

Did we win the AFN game of the week? When I was there we won 8 straight weeks and were the main televised game. People lost their ****!

Captain gameboy
09-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Bbq snob.

I'd outcook you on a Weber Kettle.

And 203 is what your looking for.

Not snobby at all.

There are things that are worth doing very well.

BBQ is one of them.

You're a chef, correct?

Still, I'd take the Primo vs Weber challenge anytime, depending on the food. Burgers-doesn't matter.

Pulled pork, steak of any kind including beef on weck, brisket or anything else low and slow. No chance.

My Weber is in the on deck circle today, waiting for his next minor assignment.

When low and slow is required, its lump charcoal and the Primo.

You think 203 is better?

I may do that.
Just got through the "pause," 165 for three hours.

Digi-Q still holding at a steady 225. Have not opened the primo once.

Turf
09-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Living room. 80" LCD and CM-9 in Dolby, No company allowed lol.

BillsOverDolphins
09-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Did we win the AFN game of the week? When I was there we won 8 straight weeks and were the main televised game. People lost their ****!

8 straight weeks of nothing but Bills football would make me insane too. Saints-Falcons is the GOW

Blondie
09-07-2014, 11:07 AM
I'm watching it at home & there's Spicy Buffalo Cheese dip, spicy turkey teriyaki meatballs, Cheese Fondue (wine) with bread dip / vegetables / fruit. We're also having meatloaf with cheesy potato au gratin, with a whole slew of Absolute Vodka plus several mixers & beer.

So where is everyone else watching the game & having for food ??

I wanna come to your house!!

Those meatballs sound delicious!

djjimkelly
09-07-2014, 11:10 AM
m watching game at home and since im medicinally licensed ill be smoking sativa thru the bills game to keep me happy either way :)

Blondie
09-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Not snobby at all.

BBQ is one of them.

You're a chef, correct?

Still, I'd take the Primo vs Weber challenge anytime, depending on the food. Burgers-doesn't matter.

Pulled pork, steak of any kind including beef on weck, brisket or anything else low and slow. No chance.

You think 203 is better?

I may do that.

Coastal has mad skills on the weber ... MAD SKILLS.

My favorite meal that comes off that weber is his pizza!

When a man can perfect pizza on a ****ing weber he's got LOTS of game! ;-)

Captain gameboy
09-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Coastal has mad skills on the weber ... MAD SKILLS.

My favorite meal that comes off that weber is his pizza!

When a man can perfect pizza on a ****ing weber he's got LOTS of game! ;-)

I'll take the Primo for pizza as well.

We have these build own nights.

I can get that sucker up to over 600 with no problem.

The pizza issue is never the grill. It's the crust.

coastal
09-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Not snobby at all.

BBQ is one of them.

You're a chef, correct?

You think 203 is better?

I may do that.

U ever foiled it for the pause?

Captain gameboy
09-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Killed the pulled pork.

Funny thing about BBQ.

You never know how long it will take because the lump charcoal is always different.
Much faster to the pause, (165 on a pork shoulder), but the pause took three hours, and the climb to 195 took forever.

Great game. Great BBQ. Great day

Captain gameboy
09-07-2014, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=coastal;3987219]U ever foiled it for the pause?[/QUOTE

Ya I have.

That's called the Texas crutch, as you probably know.

I've done it when I've run out of time, and never been disappointed.

I like to do it the classic way. 15 hours today, and Oh so good.

gebobs
09-08-2014, 08:14 AM
I have a buddy that lives in South Carolina and it's rare to find Labatt's down there. Where do you get your Sahlen's and Blue?

There's a hot dog joint with a couple of locations here in Atlanta, Barker's, that sells Sahlen's, Webers, and even Crystal Beach Loganberry. You can buy the dogs by the bag and bring them home. Labatt is everywhere.