PDA

View Full Version : Alot of possible options this year even with no 1st

Cali512
09-07-2014, 12:53 AM
A bad year or no playoffs from any of these players could be a make them a free agent or in the trade block

Tony Romo- I live in austin and fans despise this guy. I for one think he's very good as long as he is healthy i would get him if dallas chooses to dump him due to fan uproar
Jay Cutler- One bad year and he's out. Fans already want him out over last year and he could be in trouble

Eli Manning- Very likely to be gone next year. Could be a good stop gap with change.

Ben Roethlisberger- Only on here due to the rumors

Carson Palmer- The cardinals will be looking to get there QB finally. He's been good for them he good do ok for a year.

Kirk Cousins- I have a feeling Cousins will be forced to play early and be the new hot young free agent.

Jake Locker- Hell be available

swiper
09-07-2014, 05:01 AM
No to Locker and Palmer. Just no.

Cutler is poised to have a great season. Starting today against Buffalo.

Manning wouldn't play for San Diego. He's not coming to Buffalo.

And there is no way Romo or Roethlisberger are coming.

Try again.

Lots of good QBs have been drafted recently. Why can't the Buffalo Pro Personnel department and the GM do it?

YardRat
09-07-2014, 07:00 AM
FWIW, at this point it still looks like the Bills got the best of the bunch from 2013. Obviously that could change a lot over the next couple of seasons.

sudzy
09-07-2014, 07:05 AM
Manning wouldn't play for San Diego. He's not coming to Buffalo.

If Manning has another crappy year, he might not have a lot of choices. Retirement... Buffalo?

Goobylal
09-07-2014, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't want any of them.

streetkings01
09-07-2014, 09:12 AM
I wouldn't want any of them.
I'd take all of em over EJ

Goobylal
09-07-2014, 09:24 AM
I'd take all of em over EJ
For what purpose? They all look to be either never-weres or has-beens. Big Ben the possible exception, but I doubt he'll be available except for a 1st rounder, if not more.

Albany,n.y.
09-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Lots of good QBs have been drafted recently. Why can't the Buffalo Pro Personnel department and the GM do it?

I'm convinced the Bills do not have the scouting to properly evaluate QBs-it goes way back to the beginning of the post-Kelly years. I don't know the reason, but every time the Bills go after a young QB, he busts, from trading for Johnson, trading up for Losman & drafting EJ (who I hope proves us skeptics wrong, starting today). Meanwhile, teams all over the league are drafting QBs in the 2nd & 3rd rounds who are starting and earning big $ extensions while the Bills QBs are one contract and done. I don't know what's worse, passing on a prospect that teams picking with the very next pick are correctly identifying as future stars or picking busts with the Bills QB selections. When it comes time for the Bills to draft a QB they either don't draft anyone and the next team gets their starter for the next decade or they pick a bum. The 1st thing the new owner should do is increase the scouting budget & get some guys in there with a proven track record of identifying QB prospects. Also to anyone who says the draft is a crapshoot-It's the team's job to make it less of one. Why is it that teams like Baltimore consistently outdraft the Bills even though they are usually picking behind the Bills in each round? There's no problem if fans on a message board get the QB they want to draft wrong-yes to us it should be a crapshoot-but when the team consistently gets it wrong the guys in there need to be swept out.

YardRat
09-07-2014, 10:17 AM
I'm convinced the Bills do not have the scouting to properly evaluate QBs-it goes way back to the beginning of the post-Kelly years. I don't know the reason, but every time the Bills go after a young QB, he busts, from trading for Johnson, trading up for Losman & drafting EJ (who I hope proves us skeptics wrong, starting today). Meanwhile, teams all over the league are drafting QBs in the 2nd & 3rd rounds who are starting and earning big $ extensions while the Bills QBs are one contract and done. I don't know what's worse, passing on a prospect that teams picking with the very next pick are correctly identifying as future stars or picking busts with the Bills QB selections. When it comes time for the Bills to draft a QB they either don't draft anyone and the next team gets their starter for the next decade or they pick a bum. The 1st thing the new owner should do is increase the scouting budget & get some guys in there with a proven track record of identifying QB prospects. Also to anyone who says the draft is a crapshoot-It's the team's job to make it less of one. Why is it that teams like Baltimore consistently outdraft the Bills even though they are usually picking behind the Bills in each round? There's no problem if fans on a message board get the QB they want to draft wrong-yes to us it should be a crapshoot-but when the team consistently gets it wrong the guys in there need to be swept out.

Franchise QB's are hard to find...go through any team's history of drafting QB's and developing them for long-term success and you'll probably be surprised how few 'hits' each team has had. Kansas City is a pretty good starting point....zero. Pittsburgh? Two. Miami? One. NY Jets? One. Denver? Zero. Dallas? Two. Oakland? One.

Cali512
09-07-2014, 10:23 AM
I have to say the last 3 years its been very easy to tell who would bust. Luck RG3 even russel wilson were blatenly obvious if you watched there college videos. People say don't look to much into them but look how bad EJs was? Or Genos. Gabberts? Clausen? Barkely? You can easily see the difference just by videos. Even though Cam was the last big surprise

Cali512
09-07-2014, 10:28 AM
About Romo not being available. Jones almost replaced him this year. Jones can afford to flat out cut someone just for a young gun. Cutler is poised to have a good but if he doesn't then fans will call for his head. Eli wanted the media and big market, yet that is what ultimately cost him being in NY. He may want to go to a place that is more about heart than numbers.

Albany,n.y.
09-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Franchise QB's are hard to find...go through any team's history of drafting QB's and developing them for long-term success and you'll probably be surprised how few 'hits' each team has had. Kansas City is a pretty good starting point....zero. Pittsburgh? Two. Miami? One. NY Jets? One. Denver? Zero. Dallas? Two. Oakland? One.

I don't care about other teams failures. There are plenty of successes because someone in their organization was doing their JOB. Meanwhile the Bills let other teams grab the good ones and draft bums. There's no excuse for failing to do the job one is hired to do & if they can't they deserve to be fired.

stuckincincy
09-07-2014, 10:37 AM
I don't care about other teams failures. There are plenty of successes because someone in their organization was doing their JOB. Meanwhile the Bills let other teams grab the good ones and draft bums. There's no excuse for failing to do the job one is hired to do & if they can't they deserve to be fired.

Maybe the Bills think they can operate like the public sector. :brace: :kid:

Mike
09-07-2014, 01:54 PM

Your theory goes to **** with Green Bay.

They had Favre, Matt Hasselback, Marc Brunel, and now Rogers!

How can one team have that many Pro-Bowl QBs overlapping if scouting didn't matter?

Goobylal
09-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Well, this thread is rendered moot for at least another week.