• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

LMFAO Atlant/NewOrleans

Saints 0-1, and Matt Ryan threw for 448 yards, I believe a career high, 3 TD and no picks. I hear New Orleans is looking for an elite, ball-hawking free safety to shore up their pass defense, anybody know where they can get one?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • CoolBreeze
    • Feb 2009

Re: LMFAO Atlant/NewOrleans

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
    Saints 0-1, and Matt Ryan threw for 448 yards, I believe a career high, 3 TD and no picks. I hear New Orleans is looking for an elite, ball-hawking free safety to shore up their pass defense, anybody know where they can get one?
    Oh but he recorded a fumble recovery in his stat line.... Well worth the money. Lol

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

But but but he forced a fumble.

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

yes, because we all know pass defense is a 1 man position. please. Matt Ryan throwing for 500 yards has nothing to do with zero pass rush, and NO having no starting quality cornerbacks on their roster.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

I switched back and forth to that game during commercials. Byrd played well in the plays I saw.

Comment

• Fixxxer
            • Jul 2002

If he still has #31 in his back I saw him launch and miss on a streaking falcon for a TD. But who cares, I hope he has a good year.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

As I have always contended. Byrd is the real fool's gold. Way too slow and terrible in run support.

Comment

• black N yellow
                • Dec 2012

maybe that plantar fasciitis was bothering him again today.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                  yes, because we all know pass defense is a 1 man position. please. Matt Ryan throwing for 500 yards has nothing to do with zero pass rush, and NO having no starting quality cornerbacks on their roster.
                  Oh, but we're going to miss his ball-hawking eliteness so much. Many who wanted to keep Byrd were so eager to attempt to display how positively he affected the Bills' secondary play when he was on the field, one would think a touch of that ability would have helped New Orleans. We'll see by mid-season if New Orleans think they got a steal by over-paying for a 'speed deficient' safety. With week one in the books, the first mark would be 'no'.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

Byrd wiffed on a huge tackle. I laughed out loud.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

Overpaid... One guy can't fix it all. Enjoy New Orleans.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

That Byrd can't fly, so it's an ostrich.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Dear Jairus--

Pretty sure it's a safety's responsibility to not let a receiver get behind the defense on the game-winning drive. Might want to consider keeping an eye on those guys should the situation arise again. Just a thought.

Buffalo is 2-0...how are you? Hope your bank account is safe and healthy.

I know from looking at the Saints schedule that there aren't many (if any) rookie QB's or real scrubs this season to help you pad your 'elite', 'game-changing' statistics, but keep your head up...Romo is always good for a boner play or two, and there is always the Buccaneers.

Hope Saints management and especially the fans are still happy they dished up that nice contract this spring. A.Williams said to say 'hi' (check out his pd at the sideline from today's game if you get a chance...nice wheels), Searcy thanks you for the opportunity (check out his 4th down TFL, also), and D.Williams is very happy to get some playing time this season. So far, so good.

Regards,

YardRat
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                            We all know DB is NOT the position to spend the money on.

Especially Safety!

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

The thing is, for Byrd, it's only going to get worse for him. He was never about speed and all about instincts. But as he slows down in his old age, the instincts won't be able to save him. The Bills made the right move not re-signing him.

Comment

Working...
                              X