PDA

View Full Version : LMFAO Atlant/NewOrleans

YardRat
09-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Saints 0-1, and Matt Ryan threw for 448 yards, I believe a career high, 3 TD and no picks. I hear New Orleans is looking for an elite, ball-hawking free safety to shore up their pass defense, anybody know where they can get one?

CoolBreeze
09-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Saints 0-1, and Matt Ryan threw for 448 yards, I believe a career high, 3 TD and no picks. I hear New Orleans is looking for an elite, ball-hawking free safety to shore up their pass defense, anybody know where they can get one?

Oh but he recorded a fumble recovery in his stat line.... Well worth the money. Lol

Novacane
09-07-2014, 03:02 PM

But but but he forced a fumble.

Ingtar33
09-07-2014, 03:23 PM
yes, because we all know pass defense is a 1 man position. please. Matt Ryan throwing for 500 yards has nothing to do with zero pass rush, and NO having no starting quality cornerbacks on their roster.

Forward_Lateral
09-07-2014, 03:51 PM
I switched back and forth to that game during commercials. Byrd played well in the plays I saw.

Fixxxer
09-07-2014, 03:53 PM
If he still has #31 in his back I saw him launch and miss on a streaking falcon for a TD. But who cares, I hope he has a good year.

BertSquirtgum
09-07-2014, 03:54 PM
As I have always contended. Byrd is the real fool's gold. Way too slow and terrible in run support.

black N yellow
09-07-2014, 04:10 PM
maybe that plantar fasciitis was bothering him again today.

YardRat
09-07-2014, 04:19 PM
yes, because we all know pass defense is a 1 man position. please. Matt Ryan throwing for 500 yards has nothing to do with zero pass rush, and NO having no starting quality cornerbacks on their roster.

Oh, but we're going to miss his ball-hawking eliteness so much. Many who wanted to keep Byrd were so eager to attempt to display how positively he affected the Bills' secondary play when he was on the field, one would think a touch of that ability would have helped New Orleans. We'll see by mid-season if New Orleans think they got a steal by over-paying for a 'speed deficient' safety. With week one in the books, the first mark would be 'no'.

The King
09-07-2014, 06:22 PM
Byrd wiffed on a huge tackle. I laughed out loud.

DynaPaul
09-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Overpaid... One guy can't fix it all. Enjoy New Orleans.

Skooby
09-08-2014, 02:45 AM
That Byrd can't fly, so it's an ostrich.

YardRat
09-14-2014, 04:08 PM
Dear Jairus--

Pretty sure it's a safety's responsibility to not let a receiver get behind the defense on the game-winning drive. Might want to consider keeping an eye on those guys should the situation arise again. Just a thought.

Buffalo is 2-0...how are you? Hope your bank account is safe and healthy.

I know from looking at the Saints schedule that there aren't many (if any) rookie QB's or real scrubs this season to help you pad your 'elite', 'game-changing' statistics, but keep your head up...Romo is always good for a boner play or two, and there is always the Buccaneers.

Hope Saints management and especially the fans are still happy they dished up that nice contract this spring. A.Williams said to say 'hi' (check out his pd at the sideline from today's game if you get a chance...nice wheels), Searcy thanks you for the opportunity (check out his 4th down TFL, also), and D.Williams is very happy to get some playing time this season. So far, so good.

Regards,

YardRat

better days
09-14-2014, 04:11 PM

We all know DB is NOT the position to spend the money on.

Especially Safety!

Goobylal
09-14-2014, 05:05 PM
The thing is, for Byrd, it's only going to get worse for him. He was never about speed and all about instincts. But as he slows down in his old age, the instincts won't be able to save him. The Bills made the right move not re-signing him.

Night Train
09-14-2014, 05:09 PM
We all know DB is NOT the position to spend the money on.

Especially Safety!

Unless your name is Dick Jauron.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-14-2014, 10:44 PM
Dear Jairus--

Pretty sure it's a safety's responsibility to not let a receiver get behind the defense on the game-winning drive. Might want to consider keeping an eye on those guys should the situation arise again. Just a thought.

Buffalo is 2-0...how are you? Hope your bank account is safe and healthy.

I know from looking at the Saints schedule that there aren't many (if any) rookie QB's or real scrubs this season to help you pad your 'elite', 'game-changing' statistics, but keep your head up...Romo is always good for a boner play or two, and there is always the Buccaneers.

Hope Saints management and especially the fans are still happy they dished up that nice contract this spring. A.Williams said to say 'hi' (check out his pd at the sideline from today's game if you get a chance...nice wheels), Searcy thanks you for the opportunity (check out his 4th down TFL, also), and D.Williams is very happy to get some playing time this season. So far, so good.

Regards,

YardRat

I knew as soon as I saw that play that YardRat was going to take a victory lap, and you didn't disappoint.

I cannot understand what possessed Rob Ryan to send a six man blitz in that situation, but you're right. Byrd was playing way too shallow.

DynaPaul
09-15-2014, 02:36 AM
Seems he's going to have the same fate as Donte Whitner.

Fletch
09-15-2014, 02:44 AM
Byrd wiffed on a huge tackle. I laughed out loud.

Byrd wasn't known for his tackling.

Meathead
09-15-2014, 02:58 AM
lets not forget, for the money they saved on byrd they got corey graham, boobs dixon, AND bryce brown

jimmifli
09-15-2014, 07:52 AM
lets not forget, for the money they saved on byrd they got corey graham, boobs dixon, AND bryce brown
Nope.

They could have had all of them and Byrd. With the money they saved on Byrd, they saved money on Byrd.

better days
09-15-2014, 08:02 AM
Nope.

They could have had all of them and Byrd. With the money they saved on Byrd, they saved money on Byrd.

It was obvious Byrd did not want to be in Buffalo. I don't miss him.

Searcy & Williams look GOOD to me.

And that hit Searcy put on Tannehill on the QB keeper late in the game was a thing of beauty.

Novacane
09-15-2014, 08:16 AM
Nope.

We won't have his fat contract next year either. And we'll have Pegula that will spend that money elsewhere!

better days
09-15-2014, 08:32 AM
We won't have his fat contract next year either. And we'll have Pegula that will spend that money elsewhere!

Like on Dareus.

Novacane
09-15-2014, 08:44 AM
And Spiller. They also need to get Glenn tied up long term.