PDA

View Full Version : A Football Team With A Quarterback Problem VI

Typ0
09-07-2014, 02:53 PM
With the events in the last ten days one has to give credit to the coaching and staff of the Buffalo Bills. Manual looked good today. He was patient and played within himself. He made plays when they were needed. I can't say enough about Manual's play today. They all played tough physical and mental football. Not without mistakes but got turned around to get us to Fast Freddie Jackson pounding his way towards the goal line at the end of the game.

What a shame it would be to take that passion and threaten it with a guy on the sidelines that would throw the game away. Two weeks ago I was scared about having to carry this thread on for the entire season in a dismal fashion but no more. Even if Manual is sidelined for a play or two I believe they did something positive to address the QB situation bringing in Orton. He's mature and smart enough to come in when needed and protect the effort we saw from our men today. That is something so desperately needed and delivered. I could care less about the circumstances and reasons we will never know. The bottom line is Manual is off to a good start and we have someone on the bench who isn't a disaster in waiting.

WAY TO GO TEAM. WAY TO GO COACH MARRONE!

BuffaloRedleg
09-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Gay

DynaPaul
09-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Still need a better effort and way sharper accuracy from him.

black N yellow
09-07-2014, 06:36 PM
could be worse. 17065

Ingtar33
09-07-2014, 06:45 PM
if the EJ we saw today is not a result of playing a bad Chicago defense, and really a sign of what he'll give us the rest of the season, then I think we'll be alright this year. We might even be playing meaningful games in november. I sincerely hope this is the case. However, i can't ignore the very distinct probability what we saw today had more to do with a terrible chicago defense then it did with EJ's progression as a QB.

YardRat
09-07-2014, 07:08 PM
if the EJ we saw today is not a result of playing a bad Chicago defense, and really a sign of what he'll give us the rest of the season, then I think we'll be alright this year. We might even be playing meaningful games in november. I sincerely hope this is the case. However, i can't ignore the very distinct probability what we saw today had more to do with a terrible chicago defense then it did with EJ's progression as a QB.

He still checked down, maybe didn't take a couple of shots down the field I thought he should've, might've missed some open receivers (I didn't notice, but then it was tough to tell) and his passes weren't the tightest spirals or bullseye accurate, but you have to admit he made some big throws downfield to guys who weren't exactly wide open and gave his guys the chance to make plays. Not to mention he came up pretty big after Chicago's scores to tie early and take the late lead, and eventually the winning score.

He'll never be Brady/Manning/Brees, but he shouldn't have to be.

psubills62
09-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Didn't get to see the second half, but based on what I saw, I'd like to see him throw downfield more yet again. He actually did it well the couple times he did, and we have a couple receivers who are actually able to go up and get the ball. Watkins made a nice catch in traffic, and Woods fought for that early downfield pass. Loved seeing that, don't think I've seen that from a Buffalo receiver in a long time.

DesertFox24
09-07-2014, 11:27 PM
The guy was 72% completion percentage and YPA of 7.8 and people still want to Complain about check downs. News flash tom Brady does same things.

The bills are developing him the correct way get superior talent around him while he gets better then hope he gets good enough that you can plug and play like Peyton and Brady. That level is years away but the goal