Freddie Jackson is the Man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Freddie Jackson is the Man!

I'm a careful consumer and I regard jerseys as something I would not want to waste money on by making a flavor of the month type of decision. For years, I've wanted a jersey but just couldn't really decide. I went back and forth on so many players that are now gone and a couple players that are still here, like Kyle Williams. I've decided I'm going with a Freddie jersey and I will wear it long after he retires. While he hasn't broken any records and isn't considered a superstar, I think he deserves a place on the Wall. For the great professional he is, where he came from and how he got here, I will always respect him.

Here's to you, Freddie!!! I hope you get the season you deserve more than most, if not anyone!
  • BuffaloRedleg
    • Aug 2013

Re: Freddie Jackson is the Man!

He will be on the wall come hell or high water.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Fellow Coe College alum Marv lives in Chicago and was at the game. Well into his 80's, I thought of him when Freddie made that play. Like us, he must have been thrilled and proud as hell !
      Last edited by Night Train; 09-07-2014, 03:17 PM.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• MidnightVoice
        Retired (mostly)
        • Mar 2003

Go Kohawks!!!

But to play
        that’s the thing
        shut up and deal
        ~ Jesse May

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

Same reasoning why Fred Jax is only the 2nd jersey I've had since the 90s (the other was Lee Evans).

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
            I'm a careful consumer and I regard jerseys as something I would not want to waste money on by making a flavor of the month type of decision. For years, I've wanted a jersey but just couldn't really decide. I went back and forth on so many players that are now gone and a couple players that are still here, like Kyle Williams. I've decided I'm going with a Freddie jersey and I will wear it long after he retires. While he hasn't broken any records and isn't considered a superstar, I think he deserves a place on the Wall. For the great professional he is, where he came from and how he got here, I will always respect him.

Here's to you, Freddie!!! I hope you get the season you deserve more than most, if not anyone!
            I agree. He deserves to be on the Wall of Fame.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• JoeMama
              Emotion Sickness
              • Oct 2002

Freddie stole Chris Conte's lunch money. Didn't take long for F-Jax's patented stiff-arm to go viral today.

Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Fred Jackson is the only alumni from the last 10 years we can be proud of.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ckg927
                  Not quite Best in the World....
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  Fred Jackson is the only alumni from the last 10 years we can be proud of.
                  And Brian Moorman doesn't rate?

C'mon, man!
                  John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                  David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• starrymessenger
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                    Freddie stole Chris Conte's lunch money. Didn't take long for F-Jax's patented stiff-arm to go viral today.

Play of the day.
                    Man vs boy.
                    Made a complete fool of that safety.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

You can still play after 30. Fred proves it every Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

You can still play after 30. Fred proves it every Sunday.

Comment

• JoeMama
                        Emotion Sickness
                        • Oct 2002

Freddie Jackson is the NFL equivalent of Bernard "The Alien" Hopkins.

A 33 year old RB playing at his level is like watching Bernard Hopkins continue to unify belts as he approaches his 50th birthday.

Freddie's not just the man. He's a freak of nature with a stiff arm from hell.

He'll be on the Bills HOF someday. And judging by his current level of play, that might not be for a while.

Freddie is legendary. The undisputed king of WNY.
                        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• black N yellow
                          • Dec 2012

imagine a team full of guys who play like Freddie. *shudder*

Comment

• jimmifli
                            • Nov 2006

I'm still sad he got injured in 2011. He was on his way to leading the nfl in total yards and finally getting the recognition he deserved.

He's the kind of guy that creates a team culture.

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by black N yellow View Post
                              imagine a team full of guys who play like Freddie. *shudder*
                              I can't or else I'd pop like 2 million boners and die of a heart attack.

If we had 53 guys with his football IQ, his toughness, his work ethic, and his unbelievable conditioning, we'd win every Super Bowl from now until eternity.

Comment

Working...
                              X