PDA

View Full Version : How can you not love Marrone?

Forward_Lateral
09-07-2014, 03:48 PM
When's the last time a Bills coach had so much emotion on the sidelines. A few of those "penalties" had him going crazy. I loved it. He cares as much as anyone, and wears his emotions on his sleeve. Sometimes that will get him in trouble, but who cares.

Great job today when nobody gave the Bills a chance in hell of winning. And, they beat the Bears and the horrible officiating.

DynaPaul
09-07-2014, 05:39 PM
I like him, he's not afraid to stand up to anyone including our front office.

imbondz
09-07-2014, 05:41 PM
I like Marrone. For some reason he reminds me of Bill Parcells

justasportsfan
09-07-2014, 05:50 PM

Cautiously optimistic. Can't love him for winning just one game. Beat the pats, win the Afce and make the playoffs and I'll love him

Thurmal
09-07-2014, 05:50 PM
The officiating in that game was an absolute farce. LOVED seeing Marrone *****. Jauron and Gailey would've both sat there with their hands in their pockets.

imbondz
09-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Cautiously optimistic. Can't love him for winning just one game. Beat the pats, win the Afce and make the playoffs and I'll love him

just his stature and way about him, not his record obviously.

justasportsfan
09-07-2014, 06:15 PM
I like his stature :D

Forward_Lateral
09-07-2014, 06:16 PM
The officiating in that game was an absolute farce. LOVED seeing Marrone *****. Jauron and Gailey would've both sat there with their hands in their pockets.

Dicky would've just took 10 minutes explaining his view of it to the ref, and Gailey would've asked if he could challenge the calls.

Exactly. He's not a yes man who just stands on the sidelines emotionless.

BertSquirtgum
09-07-2014, 06:22 PM
When's the last time a Bills coach had so much emotion on the sidelines. A few of those "penalties" had him going crazy. I loved it. He cares as much as anyone, and wears his emotions on his sleeve. Sometimes that will get him in trouble, but who cares.

Great job today when nobody gave the Bills a chance in hell of winning. And, they beat the Bears and the horrible officiating.

Sooooo, showing emotion equates to being a great coach?

DynaPaul
09-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Sooooo, showing emotion equates to being a great coach?

It's a start.

Don't Panic
09-07-2014, 08:15 PM

Me too, at least in the last week or two.

Crisis
09-07-2014, 08:33 PM
I liked it. He did it without looking like a whiny ***** like Jim Harbaugh constantly does.

YardRat
09-07-2014, 08:39 PM
'WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY FRUIT IN THE LOCKER ROOM AT HALFTIME!!! WTF !!! THIS ISN'T TRAINING CAMP ANYMORE, YOU PANCAKE-EATING MOTHER****ER!!!'

Turf
09-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Loved the way Marrone went off on the refs, bout time.

bf1
09-07-2014, 09:26 PM
I like his fire too. I feel there was some semblance of gameplan today. I felt the bears were on their heels, not the Bills. For a long overdue change...

coastal
09-07-2014, 09:39 PM
I agree.

theres something about him I trust. He says what he means. He holds people responsible, including his bosses, for their role in this team'a success as well.

Thats not always an easy thing to do.

I wonder how many here could truly stand up to their boss and tell them, "you aren't giving me what I need to be successful."

i think ink he's one of those guys. The Bills haven't someone like that in the coaching chair in a very, very long time.

My worry is that the change that's coming due to the sale is going to have him swept up in it.

Mr. Cynical
09-08-2014, 01:03 AM
Dead man walking. He doesn't have control of this team. Wait until they lose, the wheels will come completely off...again.

stuckincincy
09-08-2014, 03:20 AM
Loved in victory, despised in defeat...

Night Train
09-08-2014, 04:29 AM
He had every right to go ape*****t over the picked up flag. The replay shows Kyle Williams being grabbed as clear as day on the play, with the flag immediately being thrown.

Who's decisiion it was to override the call should be answering to the NFL office in NYC today. This is why observers question the integrity of the game.

Forward_Lateral
09-08-2014, 05:41 AM
Loved in victory, despised in defeat...

I would've said the same thing if the Bills lost.

The King
09-08-2014, 07:04 AM
If he's calling himself Saint Doug I expect to see a lot more of this.

But I agree, there's something about Doug that just says I am not going down without a fight. I think that mentality is with this team now as well.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 09:26 AM
LOL

This will be a fun thread to come back to in two months. I'll bookmark it.

blackonyx89
09-08-2014, 01:07 PM
If he's calling himself Saint Doug I expect to see a lot more of this.

But I agree, there's something about Doug that just says I am not going down without a fight. I think that mentality is with this team now as well.

I too agreee with the fact that there's a rebellious nature in Doug and that's great thing to have and "Never Say Die" attitude, but it can also be a negative trait if he loses or gets frustrated in a game or his business with the front office. He definitely wears his heart on his sleeve. If the Bills can carry this fighting spirit throughout the season, they may be finally be headed in the right direction and get to 8 or more victories. Overall, it's good to see that there's a fire in him and there hasn't been a coach like that in years here, a moody perfectionist who wants to win. LOL!!!