PDA

View Full Version : Who was the better QB today?

Dr. Lecter
09-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Simple poll

imbondz
09-07-2014, 05:20 PM
equally mediocre, but EJ pulled it out, so I'll give him the edge.

Meathead
09-07-2014, 05:20 PM
the j with no e by a mile

Dr. Lecter
09-07-2014, 05:21 PM
the j with no e by a mile

By a mile?

based on what?

justasportsfan
09-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Matt Ryan

BleedinGreenNC
09-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Geno?

Meathead
09-07-2014, 05:24 PM
js graham pick was both a great play by cory and a simple qb/wr miscommunication so not really js fault. the late chubby cracker pick was inexcuseable. overall tho he was much much better than ej

still a good game by ej. really bad int but hey **** happens. considering everything ej had going against him, excellent contribution from him today. but not nearly as good overall as j who was sharp sans one wtf play

Downinfloflo
09-07-2014, 05:25 PM
E.J>>>> 16 of 22 for 173 yards and a 1 TD!!

Cutler>>> 34 of 49 for 349 yards and 2 TD's!!!

Meathead
09-07-2014, 05:26 PM
maybe not by a mile since ejs contribution was likely part of the gameplan, but still cutler was significantly better imo. you might be able to say the one bad play was so freakin bad maybe it negates most of what he did all game, but i probably wouldnt feel that way about ej if the sitch was reversed

**** happens and sometimes you can only say wtf. cutler had one of those today that pretty much cost his team the game, but he was pretty impressive most every other play imo

ServoBillieves
09-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Cutler statistically, decision making, arm strength, accuracy...

TacklingDummy
09-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Cutler was the better QB for the Bills today.

EJ did next to nothing without the help of the Bears offense and some outstanding catches by Woods/Williams.

His over throws even on the completions is going to get someone hurt.

justasportsfan
09-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Cutler was the better QB for the Bills today.

EJ did next to nothing without the help of the Bears offense and some outstanding catches by Woods/Williams.

His over throws even on the completions is going to get someone hurt.

1 rush TD 1 pass TD is next to nothing? That was stupid

On his overthrow, Calling him on something that didn't happen is idiotic.

Night Train
09-07-2014, 06:08 PM

I noticed you left the turnovers out.

Cutler is Jeff George 2.0

starrymessenger
09-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Pretty much the same EJ.
Inaccurate. Not a playmaker.
If this continues our WR corp will wind up in emergency.
We will see how he does against the Finns next week.
A really nice team effort though. A number of guys had a really good day.

Crisis
09-07-2014, 06:12 PM
EJ was pretty average if we're being honest. He's still not accurate and it's only a matter of time before he's going to get a WR hurt with the way he makes them sell out in the middle of the field.

But honestly average is better than what I was expecting, we just need him to be able to manage the game well and not turn the ball over. He looks like the same exact guy as last year which doesn't exactly make me confident in our future, but a win is a win.

I don't even know if you can compare them because Chicago asks Cutler to do a lot more than what we require of EJ. I don't know, I just don't see "it" with EJ. I don't think the playcalling does him any favors to be fair though.

Cutler was probably better if you're being objective but I still wouldn't want to be committed to either QB for the long term.

I think we're an above average QB away from being a playoff team.

Night Train
09-08-2014, 05:56 AM

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/29743460-419/will-the-real-jay-cutler-please-stand-up.html

BillsOverDolphins
09-08-2014, 06:09 AM
Cutler was asked to do A LOT more today--although I'm not sure why when they have a RB like Forte who was having a great game. I don't like rewarding caretaker QB's for simply "not screwing up." EJ is going to get our receivers killed with his errant throws...Orton can win 9 games with this current team

RedEyE
09-08-2014, 06:31 AM
Cutler would have had 3 ints had McKelvin caught that ball that hit him in the chest.

But INTs are sometimes difficult to gauge as the receiver could be at fault, or the tandem could miscue.

It was obvious EJs INT was a young QB mistake. Hard to tell on the Graham INT if the TE was suppose to peel back or if Cutler under threw him. But the Williams INT was all on Cutler. He never should have thrown that.

With that being said, the Bears played ontheir heels most of the day. That alone can account for Cutlers high pass attempts. Those stats do not necessarily mean he was the better of the two QBs on the field.

I will say, Cutler seemed quite a bit more accurate then EJ and he really was exposing the Bills secondary trying to get the refs to chuck those flags in one one coverage situation. Consider that Cutler has been a pro QB now for 9 yrs.

Buckets
09-08-2014, 07:02 AM
I have a question. How many on the zone think that E.J. is our "franchise" QB or ever will be?

Novacane
09-08-2014, 07:17 AM
I have a question. How many on the zone think that E.J. is our "franchise" QB or ever will be?

I don't know yet

RedEyE
09-08-2014, 07:28 AM

I'm not sure. I do think he deserves the chance to prove himself worthy. I will say this, he is not and will most likely never be a top 10 QB. I believe that if given the opportunity he can be a solid game manager that can help get this team into the playoffs. He doesn't have to be great, he just has to be slightly better than average to be functional on this team.

Skooby
09-08-2014, 07:29 AM
Cutler threw a ball into Kyle Williams chest for his first INT of his career, how was he better than EJ ? How many EJ passes besides the one picked off looked like they could be intercepted ?? Cutler had 4 that looked to be & 2 were, heck there was one that bounced off a guy and into a WR. That shouldn't even count as a completion, brutal.

SquishDaFish
09-08-2014, 07:41 AM
EJ because of Cutllers dumbass INTs