PDA

View Full Version : What was up with the officials today???

jamze132
09-07-2014, 07:40 PM
I was in a sports bar and couldn't hear the audio. What was Morro e blowing a gasket about?

Historian
09-07-2014, 07:42 PM
I thought they completely blew the interference on McKelvin.

He was playing the ball the whole way.

black N yellow
09-07-2014, 07:43 PM
picking up a flag for offensive holding.

Novacane
09-07-2014, 07:44 PM
I was in a sports bar and couldn't hear the audio. What was Morro e blowing a gasket about?

They threw a flag for offensive holding on the Bears then decided to pick it up

Ingtar33
09-07-2014, 07:47 PM
the ump threw a flag on the chicago guard holding Kyle Williams on a passing play. The bears converted the long 3rd down and the referee overturned the umps call, and picked the flag up. It can happen but it almost never does. Especially since it looked like clear holding where i was sitting. It made it seem like the "fix" was in for a chicago win.

Of course then the refs didn't call the bills on 3 clear PI/defensive holding calls (two on the last chicago drive, one in overtime) so i think we got a nice make-up present from them on that one.

Don't Panic
09-07-2014, 08:12 PM
We definitely were on the short end of the stick on a lot of calls... like playing 11 vs. 12.

imbondz
09-07-2014, 08:15 PM
the ump threw a flag on the chicago guard holding Kyle Williams on a passing play. The bears converted the long 3rd down and the referee overturned the umps call, and picked the flag up. It can happen but it almost never does. Especially since it looked like clear holding where i was sitting. It made it seem like the "fix" was in for a chicago win.

Of course then the refs didn't call the bills on 3 clear PI/defensive holding calls (two on the last chicago drive, one in overtime) so i think we got a nice make-up present from them on that one.

I didn't think those 2 non-calls were definitive PI calls. But I will say I think Marrone getting in their face worked and got in the refs head.

YardRat
09-07-2014, 08:35 PM
They sucked ass...I think at one point during the second half the penalties were zero against Chicago, seven against Buffalo, 5 accepted.

Thurmal
09-07-2014, 10:08 PM
It was sketchy as hell. Immediately after the Bills went up 17-7, every call went Chicago's way. The officials gave them at least 80 yards on interference penalties where a Bills player simply deflected the pass.

ServoBillieves
09-07-2014, 10:34 PM
1) The picked up holding flag on 3rd and long that lead to the Bears tying the game
2) Aaron Williams' pass interference for swatting the ball out of Bennett's hands

Now what I keep seeing is the "no-calls" that "we got." We had plenty of bad calls against us that negated those barely considerable PI. Did we get away with some? Sure, but I also keep hearing announcers say "That's going to be called every time" with the helmet-to-helmet hits. Where was the one when Cante lowered his helmet to hit Woods and actually DID go h-t-h? Sure, Fred told him to sit down and take it on his run, but a terrible no-call.

What shows little confidence in Manuel by the coaching staff is not letting him throw those jump balls (other than the ones trying to decapitate Robert) and letting those calls go our way.

On the plus side, 108 yards were given to the Bears, sustaining dead drives, killing our drives, and yet we STILL won. As much as the fix felt on, the Bills still pulled it off.

Parzival
09-08-2014, 01:00 AM
Refs were absurdly bad today. One of the most one sided games Ive seen in a long time.

Skooby
09-08-2014, 02:39 AM
The Refs and da Bears wore the same colors for a reason.

jamze132
09-08-2014, 04:42 AM
Thanks

justasportsfan
09-08-2014, 07:52 AM

the refs didn't like the double dare Marrone made to the FO so he infinity dared the refs to flag him .

Pinkerton Security
09-08-2014, 08:04 AM
Id still like to hear some sort of explanation of WHY they picked up the flag on that holding penalty...i was pretty pissed at the time, was a rather important play.

Ingtar33
09-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Id still like to hear some sort of explanation of WHY they picked up the flag on that holding penalty...i was pretty pissed at the time, was a rather important play.

there is only one explanation they can give. There are only 2 officials who watch that play. The umpire threw the flag, he's supposed to watch for that type of penalty, and he's the one who threw it. The referee picked the flag up and overruled the umpire... the ref is in the backfield watching for penalties committed against the qb mostly... though in theory he's also watching the same area of the field. he's not really supposed to be watching the interior line blocking but it is in his field of vision. I can only assume he felt Kyle Williams flopped on the play and wasn't held. I think it's bogus. it looked like holding where i was sitting, but its the only explanation that makes sense to me.

gebobs
09-08-2014, 09:40 AM
IMHO KW was embellishing.

DynaPaul
09-08-2014, 10:13 AM
The head ref was a rookie officiating his first NFL game. There was no reason to pick up that holding flag and the penalty should have been pretty much the nail in the coffin for the Bears. I think normally the Bills would have laid down around that point but to their credit they channeled Marrone's rage and pulled the game out.