PDA

View Full Version : We lost 65 total yards in penalties

Skooby
09-08-2014, 03:20 AM
Penalties (YDS)
Bills- 9 (108)
Bears - 4 (43)

Real biased line there, no way we played that felonious compared to them Bears.

Night Train
09-08-2014, 03:31 AM
Marrone should be calling the NFL office over the holding call flag pickup. That ref should never work again.

The integrity of the game must be questioned after that.

Skooby
09-08-2014, 03:40 AM
Marrone should be calling the NFL office over the holding call flag pickup. That ref should never work again.

I felt that was a rallying point for the Bills, they knew that the whole ref crew was against them then.

chernobylwraiths
09-08-2014, 04:38 AM
Let's not forget the long pass interference call on McKelvin and overturning the incomplete pass call on Marshall. I have seen players hold the ball, turn and take a step with the ball and it got called incomplete and that is a complete ball and catch?

Skooby
09-08-2014, 05:21 AM
Let's not forget the long pass interference call on McKelvin and overturning the incomplete pass call on Marshall. I have seen players hold the ball, turn and take a step with the ball and it got called incomplete and that is a complete ball and catch?

Yeah Al, that made no sense to me either.

Forward_Lateral
09-08-2014, 05:28 AM
The over turn call was absolutely terrible.

Picking up a holding flag, when the ref was standing 2 feet from the infraction? That's a joke.

A ton of pass interference calls that went against the Bills looked pretty bogus too. Even the announcers were saying the same thing.

Dr. Lecter
09-08-2014, 05:34 AM
Can we please not whine about officiating every week?

Please?

coastal
09-08-2014, 05:36 AM

Please?
Just to organize the death pool and leave us to our misery.

Dr. Lecter
09-08-2014, 05:44 AM
Shouldn't you be starting a thread knocking Mario Williams?

chernobylwraiths
09-08-2014, 05:48 AM

Please?

Sorry man, when the officiating is terrible, I will say so. They might have missed a penalty on Cory Graham late in the game which could have given Chicago more shots at the end zone for the win. Just pointing out two really big ones.

Night Train
09-08-2014, 05:51 AM
Sorry man, when the officiating is terrible, I will say so. They might have missed a penalty on Cory Graham late in the game which could have given Chicago more shots at the end zone for the win. Just pointing out two really big ones.

..and it wasn't just the Bills game. A retired zebra was on NFL network last night saying the NFL should review their pass interference policy after yesterday, with all the marginal calls that may have cost teams points and maybe the game.

It was bad.

coastal
09-08-2014, 05:56 AM
Shouldn't you be starting a thread knocking Mario Williams?
He played one down yesterday.

THRILLHO
09-08-2014, 06:25 AM

Is there video of this happening? I didn't see the game but I keep hearing it mentioned.

Dr. Lecter
09-08-2014, 06:30 AM

That was more for the thread starter. (although he has started more pointless threads so maybe I should be OK with it)

Skooby
09-08-2014, 07:19 AM
That was more for the thread starter. (although he has started more pointless threads so maybe I should be OK with it)

This one has meaning though, so thank you for credit (I think).

colin
09-08-2014, 08:06 AM
More than that, the drives killed and extended resulted in a 10 if not 14 point swing. I think most refs in most games are not ready for the new rules

ParanoidAndroid
09-08-2014, 08:17 AM
The bulk of those penalties came in the 3rd and early 4th which helped Chicagoo get back in the game and took the wind out of Buffalo's sails.

gebobs
09-08-2014, 08:31 AM
My personal take on the holding call was that KW hammed it up a bit, the ref bought it, and then they overturned it on conference. My further take is that if a ref buys it, it should generally stand unless it's obviously a bad call.

On the overturned incompletion call, gotta hand Williams a goat horn there for not jumping on the fumble.

I'd like to point out one possible non-call that I took exception with...unless there has been a rule change or clarification since last year. On the Bills final drive in regulation where they took the lead, EJ floated one to Woods who extended to make the catch. He was completely vulnerable and Chris Conte went helmet-to-helmet as Woods came down and turned. It was a glancing blow, but I've seen lesser hits called.

Instead of 1-10 on the 20, it would have been 1-goal on the 7 or 8 yard line, obviously giving the Bills a better chance at punching it in.

But Fred gave Conte a cup of karma when he stiff armed his puny ass back into his own end zone.

Ingtar33
09-08-2014, 09:27 AM
the refs didn't call 3 defensive holding/PI calls on our defense on the last two chicago possessions (2 in regulations one in overtime); 2 of which would have been a penalty last year, and one of which was as sure fire a defensive holding as i've ever seen (3rd down in the redzone; not calling that forced chicago to kick a field goal and go to overtime)

I'm not saying we didn't get jobbed on some dubious calls... just pointing out the dubious calls helped us as much as hurt us.

pmoon6
09-10-2014, 05:50 PM

Please?Well, when you see it in practically every game on Sunday it does bear mentioning. Like Android alluded to, the games are called to ensure maximum entertainment and to keep it close. They aren't even subtle anymore ever since the gullible fans accepted the the Stealers "victory" in the Super Bowl against Seattle. If you have the temerity to call it like you see it, you are labeled a whiner and poor sport.

It's become the NJL, National Joke League. If I didn't have such a long, emotional investment in the Bills, I wouldn't even watch this BS.

Dr. Lecter
09-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Well, when you see it in practically every game on Sunday it does bear mentioning. Like Android alluded to, the games are called to ensure maximum entertainment and to keep it close. They aren't even subtle anymore ever since the gullible fans accepted the the Stealers "victory" in the Super Bowl against Seattle. If you have the temerity to call it like you see it, you are labeled a whiner and poor sport.

It's become the NJL, National Joke League. If I didn't have such a long, emotional investment in the Bills, I wouldn't even watch this BS.

Hey - you are the one who usually wants no whining at all.

Now I come out against it and you support it?

Yeesh