PDA

View Full Version : Ready to change your mind?

better days
09-08-2014, 07:30 AM
Now that a game that COUNTS has been played, are any of you PESSIMISTS that predicted 3-13 to 6-10 ready to change your prediction?

I said the Bills would win this game against the Bears & also that the Bills would win 10 games this year....9 to go.

I was one of the 11% that predicted the Bills would win 10 games or more according to the WGR poll.

47% predicted 6 games or less.

Skooby
09-08-2014, 07:33 AM
EJ passed for about half the yardage as Cutler had, so lets all not go sucking each others ***** just yet.

Bunion
09-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Because we've never started 4-0 or 5-2 before?

It's a great win. I feel great about it. It's 1 win. 1. If we get 9 more by late November/early December, I'll be convinced that something's changed about this organization.

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2014, 07:36 AM
"Exception does not make a rule." ~ Negative Nancies

Novacane
09-08-2014, 07:36 AM
1 game at a time

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 07:37 AM
You've got to be kidding me.

It's nice to get a win but a) it was one game on the road and b) we will get killed if we play like that against the Patriots, Packers, etc.

Night Train
09-08-2014, 07:37 AM
I'm celebrating the win (oibviously) but I ALWAYS take it a week at a time.

Too many factors, such as injuries and bad refs can derail a promising season.

Another day to gloat, then on to the Miami gameplan.

SquishDaFish
09-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Dont worry the EJ Haters will try to get back on his wagon after about 5-6 games. But NOPE its full you wanted off stay off LOL

trapezeus
09-08-2014, 07:41 AM
better days, you always predict a win.

this was a fun game. There were some good things there. like the bills o absolutely looking like the preseason team it was on the first drive, the d giving up 66 yards on 4 plays and then both groups responding.

however, play to play, the line doesn't look that strong on either side of the ball. but they made big plays when needed. that's a little too bend but don't break for my liking. dolphins looked good against the pats.

So let's see if the bills can keep it up.

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Dont worry the EJ Haters will try to get back on his wagon after about 5-6 games. But NOPE its full you wanted off stay off LOL
No I'd welcome as many people on the wagon as they want to come on. Just know they will get a special ticket stamped "BANDWAGON JUMPER". True fans don't flip flop like that. For me, I'm a commitment guy. For better or for worse.

BillsOverDolphins
09-08-2014, 07:45 AM
You'll regret this...and yeah, 6-10 still.

don137
09-08-2014, 07:46 AM
Yesterday was a step in right direction. The good was EJ did go through progressions much more yesterday. He threw the ball downfield a few times, the receivers made great catches which goes a long way in building EJs confidence throwing the ball downfield.

Why I am not sold yet is Bears defense isn't the best, the receivers made much better catches than EJ threw ball (to my account there were only two perfect throws EJ had that were past 10 yards. The pass to Sammy in the first half and the pass to Mike Williams) and the Bills went very conservative with lead. I am not sure if that is lack of confidence in EJ to throw ball down field, play calling or both. The safeties jammed the line of scrimmage in 3rd quarter and the Bills still went short which led to short drives that they had to punt and not eating up the clock. A few longer throws to keep the safeties honest would of helped in third quarter.

I like to see EJ build off this game and continue to make strides and not have yesterday as an anomaly.

justasportsfan
09-08-2014, 07:46 AM
it's only one game to predict either ways.

BillsOverDolphins
09-08-2014, 07:49 AM
No I'd welcome as many people on the wagon as they want to come on. Just know they will get a special ticket stamped "BANDWAGON JUMPER". True fans don't flip flop like that. For me, I'm a commitment guy. For better or for worse.

What a ******ed post. This kind of thinking needs to be put on an eastbound train and summarily cremated. We're actually better fans than you because not only have we had to deal with 14+years of FCS-level football, but we've also been patient enough to deal with cultist fans like yourself.

mightysimi
09-08-2014, 07:52 AM
As much as we say "who cares it's only pre-season?" is the same way we should be looking at only 1 win. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about the win but lets cancel the parade for a few weeks.

better days
09-08-2014, 07:56 AM
What a ******ed post. This kind of thinking needs to be put on an eastbound train and summarily cremated. We're actually better fans than you because not only have we had to deal with 14+years of FCS-level football, but we've also been patient enough to deal with cultist fans like yourself.

What a ******ed post.

Not only have we had to deal with 14+ years of FCS-level football, but we have had to deal with PESSIMISTS like you that things can never change.

BillsOverDolphins
09-08-2014, 08:06 AM
What a ******ed post.

Not only have we had to deal with 14+ years of FCS-level football, but we have had to deal with PESSIMISTS like you that things can never change.

When I see legitimate change, I'll recognize it. That's how it works. One can only imagine how vigorously you were stroking your pud after the first month of 2008 and 2011. How'd that work out for ya? Simmer down and learn to have cautious optimism.

imbondz
09-08-2014, 08:16 AM
I've totally changed my predictions. I think instead of a 3 win team, we're a 6 win team, maaaaybe 7!

streetkings01
09-08-2014, 08:17 AM

It's nice to get a win but a) it was one game on the road and b) we will get killed if we play like that against the Patriots, Packers, etc.Forcing 3 turnovers, holding a team to 20 points, under 100 yards rushing, rushing for 193 yards and turning the ball over 1 time will get us killed against the Patriots and Packers? I think thats the recipe to beat both the Pats, Packers and the rest of the NFL if you ask me.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 08:18 AM

Criticizing a guy when he's playing poorly and complimenting him if he's playing well is not "flip-flopping." It's discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Forcing 3 turnovers and holding a team to 20 points and under 100 yards rushing will get us killed against the Patriots and Packers? I think thats the recipe to beat both the Pats and Packers if you ask me.

You're nuts if you think the Pats or Packers will turn it over 3 times.

better days
09-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Criticizing a guy when he's playing poorly and complimenting him if he's playing well is not "flip-flopping." It's discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

We, were talking about how the Bills played against the Bears & if they played the SAME way against the Pats* & Packers.

You said if the Bills played against those teams the same way they played against the Bears, the Bills would lose.

Dr. Lecter
09-08-2014, 08:22 AM

It's nice to get a win but a) it was one game on the road and b) we will get killed if we play like that against the Patriots, Packers, etc.

I don't think they played that poorly

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 08:23 AM
We, were talking about how the Bills played against the Bears & if they played the SAME way against the Pats* & Packers.

You said if the Bills played against those teams the same way they played against the Bears, the Bills would lose.

If they play the same way they did against the Bears, those aren't turnovers because those two teams are too smart to give up those types of turnovers.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 08:25 AM
I don't think they played that poorly

I didn't say they played poorly. I said they played well enough to beat the Bears but not well enough to beat a good team. This is the part where someone accuses me of complaining about a win, but then doesn't come back and apologize when we lose to the good teams.

streetkings01
09-08-2014, 08:27 AM

- - - Updated - - -

You're nuts if you think the Pats or Packers will turn it over 3 times.The Pats just turned the ball over 2 times yesterday and ran for 89 total yards........yea I'm nuts because I dont think the Pats can be forced into 3 turnovers. Our issue with the Pats has always been getting pressure on Brady and stopping the run. We forced 3 turnovers on them last year to open the season and lost by 2 points.......we lost the second game because we couldn't stop their run game. Yea I'm nuts smh

Novacane
09-08-2014, 08:31 AM
The Pats just turned the ball over 2 times yesterday and ran for 89 total yards........yea I'm nuts because I dont think the Pats can be forced into 3 turnovers. Our issue with the Pats has always been getting pressure on Brady and stopping the run. We forced 3 turnovers on them last year to open the season and lost by 2 points.......we lost the second game because we couldn't stop their run game. Yea I'm nuts smh

Are you sure the Pats turned the ball over yesterday? They're to smart to do that!

gebobs
09-08-2014, 08:37 AM
No I'd welcome as many people on the wagon as they want to come on. Just know they will get a special ticket stamped "BANDWAGON JUMPER".
You obviously have no clue what the term "bandwagon" infers. Those that jump on the bandwagon do not spend 52 weeks a year for years on end discussing the team.

I jumped on the bandwagon nearly five decades ago. Where were you?

IlluminatusUIUC
09-08-2014, 08:44 AM
I said before the game that I thought our offense matched up well with their defense, and we did. They have a bad defense and our run game flattened it. Manuel did enough of his part - recognizing single coverage and taking advantage of it.

But I saw the problems too. Our D was back to the rush 4 drop 7 we all loved so much about Wannestadt, except the 7 we dropped all chased Chicago's wideouts downfield and left the flats and the underneath throws wide open all day. Forte absolutelymurdered us on swing passes and Schwartz could not or would not correct for it. Chicago's line was down two starters and we still struggled to get pressure and got run the hell over. It's only one game, but if it is emblematic of what we can expect the defense took a big step back.

ParanoidAndroid
09-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Well... the Pats run D looks terrible which is encouraging. Miami has a serious pass rush and a running game. Tannehill had EJ-like numbers. That looked like a very similar game where the favorite got run the hell over. The Miami game should be interesting.... very similar strengths and weaknesses.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Ready to change your mind?

Now that a game that COUNTS has been played, are any of you PESSIMISTS that predicted 3-13 to 6-10 ready to change your prediction?

I said the Bills would win this game against the Bears & also that the Bills would win 10 games this year....9 to go.

I was one of the 11% that predicted the Bills would win 10 games or more according to the WGR poll.

LOL better days, you really are fun to screw with. Of all the people introducing a thread to change their minds, it had to be you, the master of mind-changing, the master waffler, the Belgian waffle king.

Here's how to properly look at this game for future indications.

Was it a much different performance than most other games over the last few years? The answer is no.

Manuel, 173 yards 1/1? That's not going to get us much this season.

Bears had a terrible last ranked rushing defense last season, we have to assume that it hasn't improved by much since then. And wasn't it you, one of a bunch of people, talking about how the Bears D sucked? So how much do you want to put into a so-so performance against a terrible D?

15 1st downs against a terrible D?

4 of 12 on 3rds?

9 penalties for 108 yards?

28:05 time of possession?

Meanwhile our D allowed 427 net yards to the Bears. Also, Forte had a pretty good game against our improved rushing D averaging 4.8. What's going to happen when we play top 10 RBs?

Chicago had five drives over 50 yards, we had two over 40.

This is no different than prior seasons. Sure, it ended in a win, but should it change anyone's mind? Hardly.

better days
09-08-2014, 09:23 AM
I said before the game that I thought our offense matched up well with their defense, and we did. They have a bad defense and our run game flattened it. Manuel did enough of his part - recognizing single coverage and taking advantage of it.

But I saw the problems too. Our D was back to the rush 4 drop 7 we all loved so much about Wannestadt, except the 7 we dropped all chased Chicago's wideouts downfield and left the flats and the underneath throws wide open all day. Forte absolutelymurdered us on swing passes and Schwartz could not or would not correct for it. Chicago's line was down two starters and we still struggled to get pressure and got run the hell over. It's only one game, but if it is emblematic of what we can expect the defense took a big step back.

Chicago has a VERY GOOD Offense & the Bills held them under 21 points in this game.

I wonder how many games that happens this year.

And I said before this game that the Bears had a TERRIBLE defense, looks like I was right about that.

JoeMama
09-08-2014, 09:24 AM
Come on, give the kid his due.

I'm skeptical about EJ too but he got the job done yesterday.

He took what the D gave him, played efficiently, and kept the chains moving.

better days
09-08-2014, 09:25 AM
LOL better days, you really are fun to screw with. Of all the people introducing a thread to change their minds, it had to be you, the master of mind-changing, the master waffler, the Belgian waffle king.

Here's how to properly look at this game for future indications.

Was it a much different performance than most other games over the last few years? The answer is no.

Manuel, 173 yards 1/1? That's not going to get us much this season.

Bears had a terrible last ranked rushing defense last season, we have to assume that it hasn't improved by much since then. And wasn't it you, one of a bunch of people, talking about how the Bears D sucked? So how much do you want to put into a so-so performance against a terrible D?

15 1st downs against a terrible D?

4 of 12 on 3rds?

9 penalties for 108 yards?

28:05 time of possession?

Meanwhile our D allowed 427 net yards to the Bears. Also, Forte had a pretty good game against our improved rushing D averaging 4.8. What's going to happen when we play top 10 RBs?

Chicago had five drives over 50 yards, we had two over 40.

This is no different than prior seasons. Sure, it ended in a win, but should it change anyone's mind? Hardly.

Well TROLL, show us all an example of me waffeling or shut your mouth.

mightysimi
09-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Also, Forte had a pretty good game against our improved rushing D averaging 4.8. What's going to happen when we play top 10 RBs?

In what world is Forte not in the top 10 at RB? Name 10 better than him.

trapezeus
09-08-2014, 09:43 AM
-penalties still an issue.

-OL did not look good and will be facing a strong Dolphin DL this week. They will need to make adjustments to handle it. if they play like they did against the bears, EJ will be under duress and his inaccurate passes (the jump balls) might not be in the right area code.

-D looked very bend but don't break. they had great plays and made stops when they had to and got some turnovers. but if they don't get turnovers, the bills o doesn't look good enough to take over a game, just as of yet.

The bills can look at the film and make adjustments. and if they do, a win is very possible. if the same week 1 team comes out, it may not be enough.

they look like an average team. that's a step in the right direction, but there are warts and it wasn't exposed. The major cause of concern was that the bears just stopped use forte. he had a ton of yards rushing and receiving but didn't keep getting fed the ball. there will be teams that test the run defense by stuffing it down our throat. if we don't stop it, we can expect to happen more often.

i'm happy to get a win...hope the team keeps adapting.

Ginger Vitis
09-08-2014, 09:45 AM

Fletch doesn't care that Forte was 3rd last year in total yards for RBs he would rather ignore that to try and improve his argument

Fletch
09-08-2014, 09:53 AM
Come on, give the kid his due.

I'm skeptical about EJ too but he got the job done yesterday.

He took what the D gave him, played efficiently, and kept the chains moving.

What are you talking about?

He had 1 3rd-down conversion in the last 3 quarters combined. 1. It was followed by an INT.

He played one good quarter of football, ... again. Sucked for three others.

He had about 1/2 of his huge total of 173 passing yards in the 1st quarter, averaged 31 yards per quarter otherwise.

Talk about embellishing. How about crediting the D, which set up 7 or our points on a silver platter, and Jackson for the win. Without that first play we don't even get to OT, without the second we may not win it.

It was hardly Manuel. If he plays like that, again, 6-10 is assured, tops.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Fletch doesn't care that Forte was 3rd last year in total yards for RBs he would rather ignore that to try and improve his argument

Forte is a marginal rusher. Last season just happened to be his best ever, by a longshot. Kinda like Spiller's 2012 season.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 09:56 AM

LOL

Let's talk at the end of the season. Either way, he posted much better than his career average rushing per carry yesterday against a run D that I've been told is all but airtight.

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2014, 09:59 AM
You're right. We have no chance against the Pats or the Packers. Just like we had no chance against the Bears yesterday.

Those 2 teams are frankly superior to us and are absolutely the elite teams of the league. No doubt about that. But no one is saying we're suddenly the cream of the crop by beating the Bears in Chicago yesterday. We're just saying we're completely hopeless against better teams.

If we only lose to the Pats and Packers the rest of the season, hell I'll take a 13-3 season.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Forte is a marginal rusher. Last season just happened to be his best ever, by a longshot. Kinda like Spiller's 2012 season.

actually, you are incorrect. marginal rushers don't average 4.5 yards per carry over 3 of the last 4 seasons. 1000 yards in three of them and only time he didn't was two years ago when he missed time due to injury. If you don't believe me, look at the stats posted below.. He is NOT marginal.

<tbody>
Season
Team
Games
Rushing
Receiving
Fumbles

GP
GS
Att
Yds
Avg
Lng
TD
Rec
Yds
Avg
Lng
TD
FUM
Lost

2008 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NFL_season)
Chicago Bears (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chicago_Bears_season)
50T

2009 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_season)
Chicago Bears (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Chicago_Bears_season)

2010 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NFL_season)
Chicago Bears (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Chicago_Bears)
68T
89T

2011 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NFL_season)
Chicago Bears (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Chicago_Bears)
56T

2012 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NFL_season)
Chicago Bears (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Chicago_Bears_season)

2013 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NFL_season)
Chicago Bears (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Chicago_Bears_season)

Total

</tbody>

JoeMama
09-08-2014, 10:04 AM
What are you talking about?

He had 1 3rd-down conversion in the last 3 quarters combined. 1. It was followed by an INT.

He played one good quarter of football, ... again. Sucked for three others.

He had about 1/2 of his huge total of 173 passing yards in the 1st quarter, averaged 31 yards per quarter otherwise.

Talk about embellishing. How about crediting the D, which set up 7 or our points on a silver platter, and Jackson for the win. Without that first play we don't even get to OT, without the second we may not win it.

It was hardly Manuel. If he plays like that, again, 6-10 is assured, tops.

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Eye-Roll-gif-6.gif

You realize it's a team game, right?

That it takes multiple players making plays to win a game, right?

We converted third downs in the second half of this game, most of them happened to occur on running plays. That's how it unfolded.

I didn't say EJ single-handedly won this game. I said he played his part. He managed the game, limited his mistakes, and took what the D gave him.

And how the **** is a performance with a 73% completion rate, two touchdowns, and a 91 QB rating going to destroy our season?

Listen to yourself.

He played within his confines and quietly did a good job. We'll have other weeks to rip him apart. This isn't one of them.

DynaPaul
09-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Not for nothing but this team has a long history of losing and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for me to change my mind after just one game. We've started out on hot streaks before just to fizzle in the end (Fitzpatrick anyone?) and showed promise in big games never to duplicate it throughout the season. Do I want this team to be a winner? Hell yes! For now I'm taking it one game at a time and hoping that this momentum carries over to this Sunday against a Dolphins team that just embarrassed New England.

Night Train
09-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Matt Forte is a modern day Thurman, with his ability to both run and pass receive.

Always liked the guy and view him as a top 5 RB. Makes guys miss without top end speed. The Bears blews it by throwing on 3rd and short plays a few times yesterday, instead of getting Forte the ball even more.

Yasgur's Farm
09-08-2014, 10:10 AM
For those criticizing EJ's "meager" 174 yards... Very weak argument and grasping at straws.

7.9 yards per attenpt is excellent... I wonder how many yards, TD's, INT's he would have if he had as many attempts as Cutler.

Sorry... You'll need to wait at least another week in order to find a few more straws to grasp

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-08-2014, 10:11 AM
maybe i'm the only one, but I'm always awaiting the next disaster. I was literally praying that they wouldn't fumble the snap for the game winning kick or get it blocked and returned for a touchdown or some crazy s*** like that because we do find interesting ways to lose close games, don't we? lol

HAMMER
09-08-2014, 10:15 AM
If they play the same way they did against the Bears, those aren't turnovers because those two teams are too smart to give up those types of turnovers.

This is just too much, you are really reaching Op. "Too smart to give up those types of turnovers"? LMAO at your ridiculous attempt.

HAMMER
09-08-2014, 10:16 AM
The Pats just turned the ball over 2 times yesterday and ran for 89 total yards........yea I'm nuts because I dont think the Pats can be forced into 3 turnovers. Our issue with the Pats has always been getting pressure on Brady and stopping the run. We forced 3 turnovers on them last year to open the season and lost by 2 points.......we lost the second game because we couldn't stop their run game. Yea I'm nuts smh

Don't you dare tell Op that the Pats aren't too smart to turn the ball over 3 times.

better days
09-08-2014, 10:18 AM
For those criticizing EJ's "meager" 174 yards... Very weak argument and grasping at straws.

7.9 yards per attenpt is excellent... I wonder how many yards, TD's, INT's he would have if he had as many attempts as Cutler.

Sorry... You'll need to wait at least another week in order to find a few more straws to grasp

Add in the fact the Bills ran for 193 yds on 33 carries. To run for almost 200 yds is a formula for winning.

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2014, 10:22 AM
I never did one of these this season. Here's mine based on the caustious optimism from yesterday's win.
yesterday @ Bears W 23 - 20 Final

@ CHI - W
v MIA - W
v SD - L
@ HOU - W
@ DET - L
v NE - W
v MIN - W
@ NYJ - W
v KC - L
@ MIA - L
v NYJ - W
v CLE - W
@ DEN - L
v GB - L
@ OAK - W
@ NE - L

That puts us at 9-7, maybe not enough of the playoffs but over .500 and just enough to save some jobs. Who knows if we surprise one or two of the other teams we could make the playoffs?

Fletch
09-08-2014, 10:23 AM

Those trying to turn him into a reason for the win have an even weaker argument and make a great argument for grasping at straws in terms of projecting anything going forward.

I've mentioned several times now, and to this point don't see anyone that's responded reasonably and without name-calling, flaming, and other bull****, about Manuel's play.

I'll say it again Farm and you provide the analysis for it.

He's been knocked for being ridiculously inconsistent. All last season and for four years at FSU.

Yesterday he had 4 3rd-down conversions, three of which were in the 1st quarter as were about half of his passing yards.

For the rest of the game he was like 9 for 14 for around 80-some yards and only one 3rd-down conversion.

This is hardly being consistent, if anything it just shows us that he is no more consistent than he was last season. The lack of sustained drives merely adds to this.

Now, do you want to revise your comments, your blazing hatred for me aside?

Address the facts, not your emotional feelings towards me. Are you really seeing something good? ... Really?

better days
09-08-2014, 10:25 AM
I never did one of these this season. Here's mine based on the caustious optimism from yesterday's win.
yesterday @ Bears W 23 - 20 Final

@ CHI - W
v MIA - W
v SD - L
@ HOU - W
@ DET - L
v NE - W
v MIN - W
@ NYJ - W
v KC - L
@ MIA - L
v NYJ - W
v CLE - W
@ DEN - L
v GB - L
@ OAK - W
@ NE - L

That puts us at 9-7, maybe not enough of the playoffs but over .500 and just enough to save some jobs. Who knows if we surprise one or two of the other teams we could make the playoffs?

The Miami game will be tough, I don't know if the Bills can sweep them like last year, but who knows.

I think the Chargers game is one the Bills can win with them coming to the East Coast for that game. 10-6

BuffaloRedleg
09-08-2014, 10:42 AM
They showed resilience and the ability to beat a playoff caliber team in an away game.

"You can expect to play that way and win against x" is an absolutely silly comment. Every game is different, and you find ways to win however you can.

You guys splitting hairs and trying to diminish what is a great tone-setting victory are ridiculous. Even if we had played near perfect football you would be saying the same BS.

I get it, we've seen the beginning to this same movie several times before but that doesn't mean the ending will be the same. Enjoy it.

alohabillsfan
09-08-2014, 10:58 AM
I don't think we win more than 7 games without a more productive passing attack. This game is on film and I'm sure the box will be loaded to stop the run. What's crazy is having over 190 yards of rushing and 15 first downs. I'm glad they won, but they also have a long way to go.

gebobs
09-08-2014, 11:15 AM
EJ had a good game. Adequate though nothing that's going to turn any heads around the league. He got it done when he needed to though Woods nearly had his head taken off after that last pass.

Don't Panic
09-08-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm a positive guy when it comes to the Bills, but this line of thought is just as dangerous as the doom and gloom line of thought. We are talking about one game here, which just as easily could have been a loss. Great win, no doubt, but we need to keep it in perspective.

justasportsfan
09-08-2014, 11:18 AM

Please reply OP.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Please reply OP.

So you really think the Pats are going to turn the ball over 5x in two div games? Yeah, that must be how they won the div 14 out of the last 15 years or whatever it is.

Gotta love it. We barely win an opener after 15 years of sucking and everyone gets all excited. The Pats have one bad game after 15 years of dominating the div (and the league at times) and everyone thinks they suck.

Gimme a ****ing break. The same people have been predicting the rise of the Bills and downfall of the Pats for the last decade, knowing that eventually they'll be Right and they can say "I told you so" despite being wrong for 10 years and counting.

justasportsfan
09-08-2014, 11:36 AM
So you really think the Pats are going to turn the ball over 5x in two div games? Yeah, that must be how they won the div 14 out of the last 15 years or whatever it is.

Gotta love it. We barely win an opener after 15 years of sucking and everyone gets all excited. The Pats have one bad game after 15 years of dominating the div (and the league at times) and everyone thinks they suck.

Gimme a ****ing break. The same people have been predicting the rise of the Bills and downfall of the Pats for the last decade, knowing that eventually they'll be Right and they can say "I told you so" despite being wrong for 10 years and counting.

don't know what the outcome is but you are arguing with facts. The Pats have turned the ball over.

mightysimi
09-08-2014, 11:40 AM
LOL

Let's talk at the end of the season. Either way, he posted much better than his career average rushing per carry yesterday against a run D that I've been told is all but airtight.

There is more to RB than just running. However, if we are just talking running, name 10 better.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 11:45 AM
don't know what the outcome is but you are arguing with facts. The Pats have turned the ball over.

They are not a team that consistently turns the ball over. Yesterday's game and their game against us are the exception to the rule. We cannot count on turnovers to beat them.

Yasgur's Farm
09-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Those trying to turn him into a reason for the win have an even weaker argument and make a great argument for grasping at straws in terms of projecting anything going forward.

I've mentioned several times now, and to this point don't see anyone that's responded reasonably and without name-calling, flaming, and other bull****, about Manuel's play.

I'll say it again Farm and you provide the analysis for it.

He's been knocked for being ridiculously inconsistent. All last season and for four years at FSU.

Yesterday he had 4 3rd-down conversions, three of which were in the 1st quarter as were about half of his passing yards.

For the rest of the game he was like 9 for 14 for around 80-some yards and only one 3rd-down conversion.

This is hardly being consistent, if anything it just shows us that he is no more consistent than he was last season. The lack of sustained drives merely adds to this.

Now, do you want to revise your comments, your blazing hatred for me aside?

Address the facts, not your emotional feelings towards me. Are you really seeing something good? ... Really?Well Fletch...
1) He was 83% 1st half... But is "ridiculously inconsistent" because he was 60% the remainder of the game? That's a weak argument.

2) I don't know about the 4 years at FSU... I really only care about his performance as a Bill... My 2 cents regarding his 1st 10 games as a Bill... I believe he performed just as I would expect a high end rookie QB to perform. His 16 game projection would have been 3155 yards passing, 18 passing TD's, 14 INT's, 298 rushing yards, 3 rushing TD's. And I'm using 10 full games in my projection rather than the actual 9.4 games played. Now... If you have not totally blown up the bell curve because of the Luck & Wilson thing... Those are some very good looking rookie stats. And the start of the season performance shows improvement to all who are not blinded by hatred or ego.

3) Concerning my so called "blazing hatred" for you... I absolutely did not single you out in my post... Nor have I ever insinuated any hatred toward you (feel free to introduce evidence to the contrary). But I have read that those who suffer from narcissistic behavior disorder tend to make every statement and everything about them... Perhaps there's some relationship there.

gebobs
09-08-2014, 12:08 PM

Barring injury, he's pretty much a lock to get 1000 yards running. The only off years he's had were his second season, in 2009 with Cutler just arriving, and 2012 when he was injured. He has always finished in the top 10 in yards from scrimmage aside from those seasons (when he finished #12 and #14).

He's just reaching the peak of his career. Definitely one of the top 10 backs in the league. Marginal? No. He'll probably be over 10k for his career and with a little luck could finish up around where the top 10 all-time are...~13k.

Yasgur's Farm
09-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Also...
1) EJ had 7 out of 10 games last season with a 71 or highrr passer rating
2) EJ had 7 out of 10 games last season with a 55% or higher completion percentage
3) EJ had only 2 games last season where he threw more INT's than TD's

There's more... But I'll save them for after these have been dismissed.

BuffaloRedleg
09-08-2014, 12:49 PM
They are not a team that consistently turns the ball over. Yesterday's game and their game against us are the exception to the rule. We cannot count on turnovers to beat them.

Good teams go out and get turnovers. Why is that so hard for people to comprehend? It's not relying on turnovers, it's forcing turnovers through pressure and defensive schemes.

Whenever something good happens, it's because they other team gave it up. Whenever something bad happens, it's our fault. Some of you guys are unreal.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Good teams go out and get turnovers. Why is that so hard for people to comprehend? It's not relying on turnovers, it's forcing turnovers through pressure and defensive schemes.

Whenever something good happens, it's because they other team gave it up. Whenever something bad happens, it's our fault. Some of you guys are unreal.

Great teams know how to avoid turning the ball over, even against good opponents.

We are good enough to force turnovers against the Bears. We are not good enough to force NE to commit turnovers. They've proven it against us and against other opponents who are far better than us time and time again.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 12:55 PM

Sure we can.

No one learns. We can continue to expect to win games with Manuel putting up one good quarter of play to three ****ty ones, with the defense allowing well over 200 yards in the 2nd half of games, by allowing 4.8 yards per carry. By allowing 30 1st-downs per game. And of course we can always count on winning when we allow over 400 yards to the other team by going to OT, where our record shines over the last ten seasons.

These are all good things that contributed to the win yesterday and which are different from last season.

Just ask around.

better days
09-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Great teams know how to avoid turning the ball over, even against good opponents.

We are good enough to force turnovers against the Bears. We are not good enough to force NE to commit turnovers. They've proven it against us and against other opponents who are far better than us time and time again.

Well, guess what OpIv, it is 2014, not 2000.

Brady & the Pats* looked MEDIOCRE against the Fins on Sunday.

It may have been an aberration or it may be the norm this year, we will have to wait & see, but in any event, Brady's best days are behind him, Randy Moss is retired & Wes Welker is in Denver.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Well, guess what OpIv, it is 2014, not 2000.

Brady & the Pats* looked MEDIOCRE against the Fins on Sunday.

It may have been an aberration or it may be the norm this year, we will have to wait & see, but in any event, Brady's best days are behind him, Randy Moss is retired & Wes Welker is in Denver.

Yeah and how many years have you been beating that "Pats are done" drum? Keep saying it every year. Eventually it'll be true and you'll claim you were right even thiugh you've been wrong about them many times over.

justasportsfan
09-08-2014, 01:28 PM
consitency is not whats in question here. It's you implying it can't happen to them especially against the bills. It has. Keep arguing with facts.

BuffaloRedleg
09-08-2014, 01:38 PM

Come on man, if you win the turnover battle you usually win the game. It isn't a surprise.

Every time we win a game and win the turnover battle someone has to say "oh we can't expect to force so many turnovers in the future"

Well, if we want to be good we need to. That's what good teams do. If we can't do that, then we aren't good.

Winning the turnover battle for some reason is a negative sign to some of you. I just don't get that.

If we had lost the turnover battle but won the game, would you still be saying that? You can't have a double standard.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Come on man, if you win the turnover battle you usually win the game. It isn't a surprise.

Every time we win a game and win the turnover battle someone has to say "oh we can't expect to force so many turnovers in the future"

Well, if we want to be good we need to. That's what good teams do. If we can't do that, then we aren't good.

Winning the turnover battle for some reason is a negative sign to some of you. I just don't get that.

If we had lost the turnover battle but won the game, would you still be saying that? You can't have a double standard.

kind of off the subject, but for some reason this made me think of the 2007 monday night game against dallas when the turnover ratio was like 5 to 1 and we still lost. Ugh, I seriously don't think anything has been worse than that over the last 6 years.

bf1
09-08-2014, 01:41 PM
16-0

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 01:41 PM
consitency is not whats in question here. It's you implying it can't happen to them especially against the bills. It has. Keep arguing with facts.

You're not arguing facts- you're arguing semantics.

Yes, technically the Pats can turn the ball over against us in the sense that it is not impossible.

What I am saying is that I think they are still too good for us to be able to force turnovers against them, regardless of the anomoly that happened with them yesterday. Better days and some others in this thread disagree based on nothing more than wishful thinking.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 01:43 PM

Jesus Christ you are daft.

Winning the turnover battle against Chicago is a good thing. But we only won the game because we won the turnover battle and we aren't good enough to do the against teams like NE just because we did it to Chicago.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2014, 01:55 PM
I don't have my mind made up either way.

I will believe they make the playoffs when they actually do it

Fletch
09-08-2014, 01:59 PM

Winning the turnover battle against Chicago is a good thing. But we only won the game because we won the turnover battle and we aren't good enough to do the against teams like NE just because we did it to Chicago.

We didn't even play well enough to beat them yesterday apart from one key turnover setting us up inside the Bear 10 yard line. If that single play doesn't happen we lose in regulation.

A win is a win, but unless there are 10 of them, sometimes 9, they're meaningless. That game was absolutely no indication that things unchanged this team has any better chance of winning any more games than what people predicted before the season began.

If the playoffs started today, five teams in the AFC would be in playoff consideration that didn't even have winning records last season. Us, the Jets, Fins, Titans, and Texans, and I doubt that any of them besides maybe the Jets makes it.

Speaking of the Jets and Fins, I don't hear anything about how those four games may have gotten more difficult based on the play of their teams, in the Fins case beating the Pats, something that we rarely do.

All I read here was about how the Fins suck and can't beat us, well yesterday they beat the Pats, something we can't do and have done only once in the last 21 meetings with them. Looks to me that Tannehill was every bit as "poised" as Manuel was, even more so, and that otherwise the Fins played better than we did against the Pats, not the Bears.

I had us penciled in with two wins over Miami but after yesterday I'm not so sure.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not arguing facts- you're arguing semantics.

People are allergic to facts here.

When they fit the situation even the most menial facts and stats are the most relevant around.

But when they fail to render the desired result, stats are meaningless, all that matters is the W-L column.

justasportsfan
09-08-2014, 02:03 PM
We didn't even play well enough to beat them yesterday

say what? :roflmao:

Who won?

OP you agree with this?

HAMMER
09-08-2014, 02:20 PM
I don't have my mind made up either way.

I will believe they make the playoffs when they actually do it

Most people agree with you Thurm, very few here are suggesting we are headed for the playoffs. It's just the kill joy jerk offs that can't enjoy a victory and have to piss in our cheerios that need a slap.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Most people agree with you Thurm, very few here are suggesting we are headed for the playoffs. It's just the kill joy jerk offs that can't enjoy a victory and have to piss in our cheerios that need a slap.

Lmao- first, re-read the very first post in this thread.

Second, when are people on this board ever going to get over that discussing this team realistically isn't "pissing in your Cheerios?" Yeah, we won, but we barely beat a team that isn't as good as a lot of the other teams we play. I don't like it either, but it's realty so there is no point in not discussing it.

HAMMER
09-08-2014, 02:33 PM
OK, it doesn't mention playoffs, and speaks to a 10-6 record which is obtainable. Why can't you just STFU for once and let some fans enjoy a victory? Seriously.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Yeah Op why can't I enjoy this victory?

YardRat
09-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Great win to start off the season, but obviously there is a lot of football left and rationally-speaking nobody should be changing their minds after one week. Let's see how they react to a big win, and how they play next week. This team is too young to establish and sustain any kind of consistency at a high level. The real proof of what this team is capable of will come over the next several weeks as the opponents changes, injuries happen, other teams have actual film to use for game-planning, etc.

sudzy
09-08-2014, 03:08 PM
He did enough to win the game. Great. 173 yards 1 TD 1 int. But, can we hold off on inducting him into the Hall of Fame for a while?

starrymessenger
09-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Either you can take pleasure in a well deserved win or you're not a fan, period.
What I liked was what the guys who had a good day were able to show, Woods, Fred, Corey Graham, our new awesome punter and maybe a few others.
After the first three and out EJ looked pretty good...for the rest of the first quarter. In the second half our play calling seemed to go into a shell somewhat. We will need to have better than that to win when we go against better teams. The knock against EJ was never that he couldn't look the part at certain times, it was always that he just never did it consistently.
Don't want to take anything away from the D but have to remember that they're two starting O guards went down and BM and AJ got banged up and were in and out. Sort of like a Buick without a motor even if Forte was fully up to speed.

starrymessenger
09-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Either you can take pleasure in a well deserved win or you're not a fan, period.
What I liked was what the guys who had a good day were able to show, Woods, Fred, Corey Graham, our new awesome punter and maybe a few others.
After the first three and out EJ looked pretty good...for the rest of the first quarter. In the second half our play calling seemed to go into a shell somewhat. We will need to have better than that to win when we go against better teams. The knock against EJ was never that he couldn't look the part at certain times, it was always that he just never did it consistently.
Don't want to take anything away from the D but have to remember that they're two starting O guards went down and BM and AJ got banged up and were in and out. Sort of like a Buick without a motor even if Forte was fully up to speed.
Correction, Garza was playing centre yesterday (though he has also played guard)

coastal
09-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Wtf r u people arguing about?

Even I can wait till Tuesday or Wed before going real.

we won.

it was a better Monday than I'm used to.

BuffaloRedleg
09-08-2014, 03:51 PM

You are saying the fact that winning by turnover ratio is unsustainable. I'm saying that good teams win by turnover ratio all the time. That is what good teams do. If we want to prove we are a good team, we have to do that. The fact that we just did that, shows that we might be a good team, because good teams win by winning the turnover ratio.

BTW, what planet are you living on that that hasn't been the Bills plan all along. They need EJ to play good enough to win, have a solid run game, and take the ball away on defense. That was their plan! And they did it! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

That is as uncomplicated as I can make it for you to understand. Stay with me, brother.

better days
09-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Yeah and how many years have you been beating that "Pats are done" drum? Keep saying it every year. Eventually it'll be true and you'll claim you were right even thiugh you've been wrong about them many times over.

Well, that time is finally here.

The Pats* are not the team they used to be.

They were not that team last year & they only got as far as they did because of help from officials & the schedule makers.

When the Pats* faced a GOOD team in the Playoffs, they looked God awful.

BillsOwnAll
09-08-2014, 04:38 PM
This thread is comical. Why cant we rely on winning the TO battle to win games. Thats how 99%... )id say 100% but you guys would dig some stat up to prove me wrong) Of Good teams win games. Im not going to do it but i would like to see how many playoff teams in history had a plus TO differenitial as oppose to the ones who had a negative one. Good teams win that battle. Its part of the game.

imbondz
09-08-2014, 04:50 PM
maybe i'm the only one, but I'm always awaiting the next disaster. I was literally praying that they wouldn't fumble the snap for the game winning kick or get it blocked and returned for a touchdown or some crazy s*** like that because we do find interesting ways to lose close games, don't we? lol

a buddy of mine who's not a Bills fan texted me after we got the delay of game penalty asking why aren't your Bills finishing the game? lol. I was playing the many ways we could choke in my head before the kick went through.

gebobs
09-08-2014, 05:17 PM
This thread is comical. Why cant we rely on winning the TO battle to win games.
Because you can't rely on winning the turnover battle itself. On average, the turnover ratio is zero. Last year, the Bills "won" with a +3, 12th best differential in the league. Fat lot of good it did them. Five playoff teams fared worse: SD, DEN, CIN, NO, and GB.

Good teams win that battle. Its part of the game.
Really good teams win despite the battle.

- - - Updated - - -

a buddy of mine who's not a Bills fan texted me after we got the delay of game penalty asking why aren't your Bills finishing the game? lol. I was playing the many ways we could choke in my head before the kick went through.

You were not alone.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 05:42 PM
OK, it doesn't mention playoffs, and speaks to a 10-6 record which is obtainable. Why can't you just STFU for once and let some fans enjoy a victory? Seriously.

Because saying we're going 10-6, calling people out and saying "I told you so" because we barely beat an average team that turned the ball over 3 times isn't enjoying a victory. It's being asinine.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 05:46 PM
You are saying the fact that winning by turnover ratio is unsustainable. I'm saying that good teams win by turnover ratio all the time. That is what good teams do. If we want to prove we are a good team, we have to do that. The fact that we just did that, shows that we might be a good team, because good teams win by winning the turnover ratio.

BTW, what planet are you living on that that hasn't been the Bills plan all along. They need EJ to play good enough to win, have a solid run game, and take the ball away on defense. That was their plan! And they did it! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

That is as uncomplicated as I can make it for you to understand. Stay with me, brother.
They did it once, against a mediocre team.

Don't make me go back and remind you of all the times this team looked good for the first few games only to completely fall apart. Winning one game is a good start but it does NOT mean that we are finally a good team, as history has proven time and time again.

gebobs
09-08-2014, 05:46 PM
You guys want to hear something positively disgusting? Over the past 10 seasons, the Patriots have a +113 turnover ratio. The next best team is Indy at +52.

The rest of the AFCE? Bills -13, Jets, -14, Fish, -43.

The poor Raiders are -89.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 05:50 PM
This thread is comical. Why cant we rely on winning the TO battle to win games. Thats how 99%... )id say 100% but you guys would dig some stat up to prove me wrong) Of Good teams win games. Im not going to do it but i would like to see how many playoff teams in history had a plus TO differenitial as oppose to the ones who had a negative one. Good teams win that battle. Its part of the game.
This post is comical.

Why can't we rely on winning the turnover battle? Let's see....

Young, inexperienced QB
Weak OL that's one injury from disaster
young, inexperienced Wr's
no S who has proven to be as good as Byrd
McKelvin at CB, at least until Gilmore returns.
9 penalties a game- it's only a matter of time before a turnover comes back

And finally, we play a lot of teams that are better than Chicago.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys want to hear something positively disgusting? Over the past 10 seasons, the Patriots have a +113 turnover ratio. The next best team is Indy at +52.

The rest of the AFCE? Bills -13, Jets, -14, Fish, -43.

The poor Raiders are -89.

Also, this is why we can't rely on it.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Chicago has a VERY GOOD Offense & the Bills held them under 21 points in this game.

They also lost two starters on the OL, and their top two wideouts got injured with one leaving entirely. Despite that, they marched the ball on us all day racking up almost 430 yards of offense. This was not a suffocating defensive performance whatsoever, we capitalized on turnovers. That doesn't devalue the win, but clearly having Kyle Williams pick off a pass is not something Schwartz can build a gameplan around.

And I said before this game that the Bears had a TERRIBLE defense, looks like I was right about that.

I wouldn't say it's terrible, I'd say that our strengths matched up well with their weaknesses. They had a piss poor run D and we have maybe the 2nd best halfback depth chart in the league + a mobile QB + a high-speed offense. It was a perfect matchup and we took advantage of it. I thought Manuel made better reads and was MUCH smarter with his feet. If he can stop throwing so high the YAC potential is definitely there.

stuckincincy
09-08-2014, 06:19 PM

What was your prediction for the Bucs?

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Haven't any of you guys learned that it's seriously exhausting to argue with Op?

Walk away. You don't need this agitation in your life from some guy on the internet who could never be wrong in his mind. Why waste your time?

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Haven't any of you guys learned that it's seriously exhausting to argue with Op?

Walk away. You don't need this agitation in your life from some guy on the internet who could never be wrong in his mind. Why waste your time?

Every year we have this discussion after an early win or two.

And every year I turn out to be right.

Sorry that you equate reality with "agitation."

Fletch
09-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Every year we have this discussion after an early win or two.

And every year I turn out to be right.

Sorry that you equate reality with "agitation."

LOL

I'm tellin' ya. Then posters like trapezeus insist that no one has posted anything about how this game translates to anything different about preseason expectations when this very thread was posted earlier today.

This place thrives on the short attention spanned muscle-headed variety and not the engaging types that enjoy good honest discusson and back and forth.

Meanwhile, everyone has their head in the sand regarding fundamental play yesterday. The run D was worse than last year's in terms of YPC, the pass D was worse.

We allowed the second most 1st downs of the week.

YardRat
09-08-2014, 09:48 PM
I love it when some's true colors show, just being totally pissed off that we won.

BuffaloRedleg
09-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Can someone please explain what it even means to gameplan to have a certain amount of turnovers? OP is acting like the bills shouldn't plan to have 2-3 a game like that is something marrone sits around and says "hey guys don't try as hard we will get some turnovers it is cool".

Nobody expects turnovers as part of their game plan. That is something that people who want to be negative about a bills win make up.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 09:54 PM
Can someone please explain what it even means to gameplan to have a certain amount of turnovers? OP is acting like the bills shouldn't plan to have 2-3 a game like that is something marrone sits around and says "hey guys don't try as hard we will get some turnovers it is cool".

Nobody expects turnovers as part of their game plan. That is something that people who want to be negative about a bills win make up.
Wtf are you talking about.

If we didn't get 3 turnovers, we would have lost. By your own admission, we can't count on turnovers in the game plan. We can't count on generating 3 turnovers a game, and we won't always get out of the game with just one.

I can't say it any more simply than that.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 09:57 PM
I love it when some's true colors show, just being totally pissed off that we won.

Who is pissed off that we won?

I'm pissed off at better days for trying to make it sound like he was right because we barely won one game.

And I'm doing what should be done on a football message board and discussing what the game means for the rest of the season if the Bills continue to play the same way.

And I'm getting **** on for it because too many of you would rather buy into better days' happy go lucky fantasy world than discuss the team realistically.

BuffaloRedleg
09-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Good teams force turnovers. Good teams win the turnover battle. If we are a good team (jury is still out) we should win that battle.

If we are going to be good, we must continue to win this battle.

Not hard. You'll catch on.

BuffaloRedleg
09-08-2014, 10:05 PM
I love the moronic "if we didn't x we wouldn't have won". You can say that about every team every time they win. It has no value. There is no standard for that excuse it can be used to suit any bias.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Good teams force turnovers. Good teams win the turnover battle. If we are a good team (jury is still out) we should win that battle.

If we are going to be good, we must continue to win this battle.

Not hard. You'll catch on.
We are not a good team and will not continue to win this battle. You'll catch on once we start losing. Happens every year.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 10:28 PM

That's exactly correct. No one expects turnovers. You try to get them and let the chips fall where they may.

Hence, games aren't typically won week to week on turnovers, are they? They're won on good solid football.

Did we play good solid football on Sunday? The indicators say no, we didn't. That does not bode well for the rest of the season.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 10:29 PM
I love the moronic "if we didn't x we wouldn't have won". You can say that about every team every time they win. It has no value. There is no standard for that excuse it can be used to suit any bias.

But it's fine to say despite any semblance of good fundamental consistent football we won and can expect to win more games based on the same lack of fundamentals?

Because that's what's implicitly being said here throughout these forums.

BuffaloRedleg
09-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Edit: to opivy I'm on my phone I don't know how to respond with quotes

Eh okay well that I can't argue with. I'm hoping we are. I know the drill, we have seen this before. All I'm saying is that they showed they can win the turnover battle, because they did.

"They can't expect that" is irrelevant, they should expect that. That is what good teams do. If they can't, they aren't good. It is akin to saying that if they can't score more points they will lose.

Side note, as an opivy fan check out the riotfest lineup this weekend. It is ridiculous and I will be there for sure.

BuffaloRedleg
09-09-2014, 12:02 AM
Nobody is saying that. The team found a way to win on the road against a playoff caliber team.

That doesn't guarantee playoffs but for ****s sake let people enjoy this last moment of happiness this season. It feels good my man, and it is fricken sports it is supposed to be fun. Sure we have seen the movie we know how this most likely ends, but Jesus Christ it is fun to kid yourself for a bit and be proud and talk a little positive ****.

You must see the big picture here. We all know the drill but we are having fun. You are playing the part of the negative guy who is most likely eventually right because life sucks. We get that. Just play the part and stop acting like a victim.

BillsOverDolphins
09-09-2014, 03:41 AM
His stats are slightly below Jamarcus Russell's sophomore NFL year

--2000th post17070

YardRat
09-09-2014, 04:44 AM

I'm pissed off at better days for trying to make it sound like he was right because we barely won one game.

And I'm doing what should be done on a football message board and discussing what the game means for the rest of the season if the Bills continue to play the same way.

And I'm getting **** on for it because too many of you would rather buy into better days' happy go lucky fantasy world than discuss the team realistically.

Pretty sure if the team continues to win the turnover battle, overcome bad refereeing, and score more points than the opponent things will be OK. Do I expect that every week, simply because it happened it week 1? No. That's looking at the team realistically.

better days
09-09-2014, 06:29 AM
LOL

I'm tellin' ya. Then posters like trapezeus insist that no one has posted anything about how this game translates to anything different about preseason expectations when this very thread was posted earlier today.

This place thrives on the short attention spanned muscle-headed variety and not the engaging types that enjoy good honest discusson and back and forth.

Meanwhile, everyone has their head in the sand regarding fundamental play yesterday. The run D was worse than last year's in terms of YPC, the pass D was worse.

We allowed the second most 1st downs of the week.

We WON ​the game IDIOT.

better days
09-09-2014, 06:35 AM
Wtf are you talking about.

If we didn't get 3 turnovers, we would have lost. By your own admission, we can't count on turnovers in the game plan. We can't count on generating 3 turnovers a game, and we won't always get out of the game with just one.

I can't say it any more simply than that.

IF such a big word with only two letters.

The FACT is the Bills did get 3 turnovers & did in fact win the game.

They may not get 3 turnovers every game, but they may not need three turnovers to win every game either.

The Bears have one of the best offenses in the NFL. The Bills won't be facing the likes of Marshall, Jeffery & Forte on a weekly basis.

OpIv37
09-09-2014, 07:06 AM
IF such a big word with only two letters.

The FACT is the Bills did get 3 turnovers & did in fact win the game.

They may not get 3 turnovers every game, but they may not need three turnovers to win every game either.

The Bears have one of the best offenses in the NFL. The Bills won't be facing the likes of Marshall, Jeffery & Forte on a weekly basis.
Even with 3 turnovers, it took a FG in OT to win against an average Bears team. So you're right- it probably won't take 3 turnovers to win. It will probably take a whole lot more.

And FYI Jeffery was out for over half the game and Marshall was going in and out with injuries.

better days
09-09-2014, 07:14 AM
Even with 3 turnovers, it took a FG in OT to win against an average Bears team. So you're right- it probably won't take 3 turnovers to win. It will probably take a whole lot more.

And FYI Jeffery was out for over half the game and Marshall was going in and out with injuries.

For your information Stefan Gilmore, the Bills best CB was out the ENTIRE GAME as was Nigel Bradham, and as was Kiko Alonso. And Sammy Watkins is still nursing sore ribs.

SO WHAT?

The Pats* have won a lot of games when another team had injured players. NOBODY says anything about that.

You win or lose with who you have on the field.

OpIv37
09-09-2014, 07:22 AM
For your information Stefan Gilmore, the Bills best CB was out the ENTIRE GAME as was Nigel Bradham, and as was Kiko Alonso. And Sammy Watkins is still nursing sore ribs.

SO WHAT?

The Pats* have won a lot of games when another team had injured players. NOBODY says anything about that.

You win or lose with who you have on the field.

Pats also won games where they had so many injuries that they were using WR's as DB's.

How is Watkins' sore ribs an excuse but our opponent having their top two WR's either out or playing hurt not an excuse?

And Kiko doesn't matter because he won't be playing this year.

Historian
09-09-2014, 07:59 AM
It was a great team win, but remember this team started off 4-0 a couple years back under Gailey.

Impressive to get a road win, in a place they had never won before.

Let's see how they respond.

If nothing else, the crowd will be into it!

BillsOverDolphins
09-09-2014, 09:15 AM
It was a great team win, but remember this team started off 4-0 a couple years back under Gailey.

Impressive to get a road win, in a place they had never won before.

Let's see how they respond.

If nothing else, the crowd will be into it!

4-1. They choked the Bengals game away in Week 4

HAMMER
09-09-2014, 09:54 AM

No. What you are doing is trying to be a know it all killjoy that can't let fans enjoy a victory. We all see that there are issues and obstacles to still be overcome, we don't need your Holiness to tell us we are dumb. Stop being a punk.

Fletch
09-09-2014, 09:57 AM
No. What you are doing is trying to be a know it all killjoy that can't let fans enjoy a victory. We all see that there are issues and obstacles to still be overcome, we don't need your Holiness to tell us we are dumb. Stop being a punk.

Oh please, grow up!

I've never seen so many people so tantrumatic over the mere opinions of others. It's a mental disease. Really, it's a mental disease.

OpIv37
09-09-2014, 11:10 AM
The board is here to discuss the team. If you see that there are issues and obstacles, why are you opposed to discussing them?

And go back to the initial post once again . It was not about enjoying a victory. It was about premature gloating and calling people out.

Fletch
09-09-2014, 11:13 AM
The board is here to discuss the team. If you see that there are issues and obstacles, why are you opposed to discussing them?

And go back to the initial post once again . It was not about enjoying a victory. It was about premature gloating and calling people out.

That's just it, I don't think that most of these people are here to discuss the team. I think that for most of them it's a collective mind****.

Their lives must be so pathetic that they have the need to come here and put down others merely based on their opinions to make themselves feel better.

Like I said, it's a mental disease, truly. It's along the lines of narcissism.