PDA

View Full Version : Final Bids to be in at 5:00pm today

DetDannyWilliams
09-08-2014, 11:21 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000296250528/19f070d3af1da993478635bc5dc0d751_normal.jpegdaniel kaplan @dkaplanSBJ (https://twitter.com/dkaplanSBJ)
Follow (https://twitter.com/dkaplanSBJ)
Buffalo Bills sale process in final days. Bids due tonight, finance committee meeting next wk likely to approve winner. Told a few things...

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000296250528/19f070d3af1da993478635bc5dc0d751_normal.jpegdaniel kaplan @dkaplanSBJ (https://twitter.com/dkaplanSBJ)
Follow (https://twitter.com/dkaplanSBJ)
...There r 2 undisclosed bidders. The price is over $1 billion. Lots of leaks, but not always from those in the know. More in SBJ

Dr. Lecter
09-08-2014, 11:22 AM
wish me luck everybody!

trapezeus
09-08-2014, 11:29 AM
i find two undisclosed bids to be very unlikely. we've heard from a lot of different people in this. 2 undisclosed people surface now?

anything can happen, but i think pegula makes sense of the league and the league makes sense for pegula. i think the wilson family is going to get a fair price and to get it from a single buyer is best for all involved. using trump or a different coglomerate makes little sense for the team, the fans, the future owners and most importantly the league.

Forward_Lateral
09-08-2014, 11:36 AM
wish me luck everybody!

F you. You better not outbid me Lecter!!!!

The last buffalo fan
09-08-2014, 11:53 AM
:spit:

Fletch
09-08-2014, 12:11 PM
wish me luck everybody!

LMAO

Fletch
09-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Thread: Final Bids to be in at 5:00pm today (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/225422-Final-Bids-to-be-in-at-5-00pm-today)

I thought that this was open bidding and what will amount to an auction, at least that's what was lectured to me last week.

If that's true then there's nothing final about bids due today.

Ed
09-08-2014, 12:17 PM
I thought that this was open bidding and what will amount to an auction, at least that's what was lectured to me last week.

If that's true then there's nothing final about bids due today.
I believe once final bids are in, then negotiating begins between the trust and final bidders only. They can't bring new bidders in after the deadline.

better days
09-08-2014, 12:22 PM
I believe once final bids are in, then negotiating begins between the trust and final bidders only. They can't bring new bidders in after the deadline.

Well, they can really do whatever they want to, there is no law about it, but who would want to put in a bid after final bids are expected to be in?

This will be over SOON & we can get on with congratulating Pegula as new owner of the Bills.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 12:23 PM

That's my understanding, sort of, given the sketchy reporting on the subject. Lechter assured me last week that that's how the process is running.

But again, the point is that this hardly makes today's 5 p.m. deadline bids final. They're anything but final.

Finals bids are the most that any of the two or three parties are willing to bid.

Or am I off?

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 12:49 PM
i find two undisclosed bids to be very unlikely. we've heard from a lot of different people in this. 2 undisclosed people surface now?

anything can happen, but i think pegula makes sense of the league and the league makes sense for pegula. i think the wilson family is going to get a fair price and to get it from a single buyer is best for all involved. using trump or a different coglomerate makes little sense for the team, the fans, the future owners and most importantly the league.

I think you misread it. It's not two bids in addition to the three groups we know about- I think he means only two groups are submitting final bids and they are not disclosing which two. Someone is already out- I'm guessing Trump.

Ed
09-08-2014, 12:51 PM
That's my understanding, sort of, given the sketchy reporting on the subject. Lechter assured me last week that that's how the process is running.

But again, the point is that this hardly makes today's 5 p.m. deadline bids final. They're anything but final.

Finals bids are the most that any of the two or three parties are willing to bid.

Or am I off?
I feel like this has been explained to you so many times by multiple people with a lot of reliable information and links provided. Final bids are due today. Whoever submits a final bid and is accepted makes it to the final list of potential owners. The actual bid amounts that are submitted today are not final. They are simply a starting point for negotiating/auctioning among the finalists. It may still take months for the trust to settle on a winning bid if they think they can get the finalists to keep increasing their bids. Once all bidders reach the max they are willing to go, the trust will make a selection and present that bid to the NFL for a final vote of approval.

Dr. Lecter
09-08-2014, 01:02 PM
I think you misread it. It's not two bids in addition to the three groups we know about- I think he means only two groups are submitting final bids and they are not disclosing which two. Someone is already out- I'm guessing Trump.

Other reports say Trump is in for sure.

I took it the same way he did. There are, according to him, 2 other bidders. But maybe not - that is the difficulty with Twitter.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 01:09 PM
I feel like this has been explained to you so many times by multiple people with a lot of reliable information and links provided. Final bids are due today. Whoever submits a final bid and is accepted makes it to the final list of potential owners. The actual bid amounts that are submitted today are not final. They are simply a starting point for negotiating/auctioning among the finalists. It may still take months for the trust to settle on a winning bid if they think they can get the finalists to keep increasing their bids. Once all bidders reach the max they are willing to go, the trust will make a selection and present that bid to the NFL for a final vote of approval.

Thanks for the uninitiated condescending answer.

For starters, nothing has been made clear and anyone here is merely mimmicking what they read elsewhere. If anything this issue has been handled like a circus in the media.

Otherwise, the title of this thread is that final bids are due today.

All I was pointing out, which you clearly validate, is that these bids are not in fact final, call them final as you'd like or describe "final" as something other than final.

To me final means final, not subject to revision. I guess you may have a different term for it, which makes sense given how most people post here.

Otherwise, what you said is precisely my stated understanding, so please quit coming off like you've just enlightened me to something.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Other reports say Trump is in for sure.

I took it the same way he did. There are, according to him, 2 other bidders. But maybe not - that is the difficulty with Twitter.

That's the difficulty with this entire media circus atmosphere process. Info's been leaked, since nothing official, or almost nothing official was ever supposed to even have emerged if what we've read about the NDA is even half true, reported, re-reported, etc., been stood on its head, twisted, excused, etc.

We've known for weeks that there would be a date for remaining bidders to submit their bids by, apparently today, although I wouldn't put a dime on that being the case until it's reported tomorrow that it actually happened that way. We've been told this before.

I'll believe things when they actually happen regarding this process, not a moment sooner.

Also, if it gets into a bidding war and Pegula bows out, what then? Will the trust award it to Pegula on his last bid? Is Pegula really willing to outbid the others regardless of the price?

Before that turns into a referendum on why I hate the Bills, those are very valid questions that to date have not been answered. Not to mention, if they actually use Tannenbaum and his cronies to merely bump up Pegula's bid knowing that they're going to award it to Pegs anyway, I don't see Pegula being very happy being used like that. I mean who would. Except everyone here that disagrees with me as policy that is. I'm sure they'd all enjoy being used like that, but otherwise who would. No one.

Ed
09-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the uninitiated condescending answer.

For starters, nothing has been made clear and anyone here is merely mimmicking what they read elsewhere. If anything this issue has been handled like a circus in the media.

Otherwise, the title of this thread is that final bids are due today.

All I was pointing out, which you clearly validate, is that these bids are not in fact final, call them final as you'd like or describe "final" as something other than final.

To me final means final, not subject to revision. I guess you may have a different term for it, which makes sense given how most people post here.

Otherwise, what you said is precisely my stated understanding, so please quit coming off like you've just enlightened me to something.
You're welcome. So we're all on the same page.

YardRat
09-08-2014, 02:18 PM
F you. You better not outbid me Lecter!!!!

Don't be a dumbass and lose out because you bid in Canadian dollars, not American, and got short-changed on the exchange rate.

YardRat
09-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Don't over-think it over picayune details such as the definition of the word 'final'. Anybody that has ever been involved in processes that involve large ('large' is relative, of course) sums of money knows that there is a deadline for 'final' bids, but the exact dollar amount of those bids aren't necessarily written in stone at that very moment and subject to some revision. As soon as Ralph passed, it was basically announced that a new owner would be chosen in time for league approval at the October owner's meetings, so everything is pretty much on schedule and going as planned.

Night Train
09-08-2014, 04:17 PM
wish me luck everybody!

" Why does this tender say Parker Brothers ? "

Fletch
09-08-2014, 04:25 PM
So, are the bids in?

Or are they going to extend a deadline again because they're unhappy with what the bids are or some other ****.

Skooby
09-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Please Pegs, win this one.

Ed
09-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Tim Graham tweeting that Pegula and Trump bids are both in. And that the Toronto/Bon Jovi group is quietly confident it can pull off an upset. Ugh. Just go away Bon Jovi. Tim also tweeted that this could be all wrapped up by as early as Wednesday.

DunkCityFan
09-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Looks like just 3: https://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-sources-3-groups-submit-215618004--nfl.html