PDA

View Full Version : End of the line for Toronto's NFL hopes. The Bills will be sold to Terry Pegula.

WagonCircler
09-08-2014, 09:17 PM
John Kryk has been the most consistently accurate reporter throughout the Bills' sale process. This article is basically a five finger death punch to the other bidders, and provides a healthy dose of STFU to those who think that money alone would determine whose bid will be accepted by the trust.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/two-selection-criteria-beyond-money-including-certainty-of-nfl-approval-mean-highest-bidder-wont-necessarily-get-bills/

If you need a reason beyond his acres of cash why Terry Pegula has a significant edge over his rival bidders in the Buffalo Bills sale, consider this.

Sun Media has learned that the highest bidder is not necessarily going to get the team.

Binding, definitive offers in the NFL club’s sale were due Monday at 5 p.m. EDT. At least three came in.

Two critical factors beyond money — both long speculated as playing a role — indeed are among the Ralph Wilson trust’s expressed selection criteria. Sun Media has confirmed that “certainty of NFL approval” is one, and the ability to close the deal immediately is the other.

According to a source in the position to know, Morgan Stanley — the Wilson trust’s investment bank conducting the sale — in early July informed prospective bidders who’d signed a non-disclosure agreement that, in selecting finalists, the Wilson trust would place “great weight” on the above two factors.

Those factors remain critical in the selection of a winning bidder, according to two informed sources.

Unlike with his two known rival bidders — Donald Trump and Jon Bon Jovi’s Toronto group — neither factor is believed to be an issue for Pegula.

More...

Suck it, Felch.

WagonCircler
09-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Terry P's daughter on Twitter:

"!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then ";)!!!!!!!!!!!"

Right after following Buffalo Bills on Twitter.

Rumors are flying that Terry P has already been chosen by the trust.

YardRat
09-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Speculation on the local news that a new owner could be named by end of week, possibly even as early as Wednesday.

WagonCircler
09-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Speculation on the local news that a new owner could be named by end of week, possibly even as early as Wednesday.

This, to me, will be bigger than winning a Super Bowl.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-08-2014, 09:34 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/fireworks.gif

Fletch
09-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Suck it, Felch.

You do such a good job of sucking your own. Keep up the good work.

I don't think that anyone thinks that anyone but Pegula will win this. I'm not going to believe it though until the news officially hits. We've seen so much errant reporting that nothing is definite until it's been formally reported.

The next step will be cleaning house in the front office. If Pegula keeps the current FO like some other reports have said he will, that won't be good news.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 09:36 PM
This, to me, will be bigger than winning a Super Bowl.

Yeah, that sounds about right and figures.

For me winning a Super Bowl would be immeasurably better. I realize that your standards are down in the dirt though, so it's OK. Keep sucking yourself. You should get sleepy soon.

YardRat
09-08-2014, 09:44 PM
I don't want anything to do with any owner that has already prematurely determined that his first order of business is to clean house.

WagonCircler
09-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Yeah, that sounds about right and figures.

For me winning a Super Bowl would be immeasurably better. I realize that your standards are down in the dirt though, so it's OK. Keep sucking yourself. You should get sleepy soon.

You can't win a Super Bowl if you don't have a team.

Just ask your homeboys in Toronto.

You lose, *****.

black N yellow
09-08-2014, 09:48 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Here. We. Go. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham">@ByTimGraham</a>: A decision on the Bills&#39; next owner (pending final NFL approval) could happen tomorrow.</p>&mdash; Sal Capaccio (@SalSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/509179656856412161">September 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fletch
09-08-2014, 09:49 PM
I don't want anything to do with any owner that has already prematurely determined that his first order of business is to clean house.

Who cares what you want.

Most of us want to win and realize that the front office is a part of the problem.

This just in, but we have no 1st round pick next season. Or 4th for that matter. For what, a WR that's shown absolutely nothing so far.

Once again, glad to see such high standards for a Bills fan.

BertSquirtgum
09-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Terry for the win.

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares what you want.

Most of us want to win and realize that the front office is a part of the problem.

This just in, but we have no 1st round pick next season. Or 4th for that matter. For what, a WR that's shown absolutely nothing so far.

Go away you Canadian clown. You've been hoping you're fellow ****hole Canadians stole our team from day one. Get the F out of here.

Dr. Lecter
09-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Who cares what you want.

Really? Really?

I try to be nice to you

Then you throw something like out there.

BTW - before you say something - I will respond to you tomorrow. Not that I already did not address many of the points.

but can you admit acting like Watkins is a bust or something after one game is stupid beyond belief?

YardRat
09-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Who cares what you want.

:rofl: It's really humorous how angry you are after a win. Watching you melt down all over the boards after the first game of the season has become priceless.

OpIv37
09-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Yeah this is at least the fifth time we've heard that the Toronto group was dead, only to find out a day or two later that they are still involved. So I'll believe it when I see it.

BertSquirtgum
09-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Kelly Pegula. Attractive.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s379/bhurtgam/by7S5bTp_zpsc9180b9c.jpeg

Dr. Lecter
Yeah this is at least the fifth time we've heard that the Toronto group was dead, only to find out a day or two later that they are still involved. So I'll believe it when I see it.

No you won't

Dr. Lecter
Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 1m

Another update phoned into the desk: Bills sale moving fast and in Pegula's direction. Maybe even overnight. Sounds like a record NFL sale.

YardRat
09-08-2014, 10:05 PM
I'm going to laugh my ass off if Peg's comes in at 1.3bil or higher.

Mike
09-08-2014, 10:05 PM
John Kryk has been the most consistently accurate reporter throughout the Bills' sale process. This article is basically a five finger death punch to the other bidders, and provides a healthy dose of STFU to those who think that money alone would determine whose bid will be accepted by the trust.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/two-selection-criteria-beyond-money-including-certainty-of-nfl-approval-mean-highest-bidder-wont-necessarily-get-bills/

If you need a reason beyond his acres of cash why Terry Pegula has a significant edge over his rival bidders in the Buffalo Bills sale, consider this.

Sun Media has learned that the highest bidder is not necessarily going to get the team.

Binding, definitive offers in the NFL club’s sale were due Monday at 5 p.m. EDT. At least three came in.

Two critical factors beyond money — both long speculated as playing a role — indeed are among the Ralph Wilson trust’s expressed selection criteria. Sun Media has confirmed that “certainty of NFL approval” is one, and the ability to close the deal immediately is the other.

According to a source in the position to know, Morgan Stanley — the Wilson trust’s investment bank conducting the sale — in early July informed prospective bidders who’d signed a non-disclosure agreement that, in selecting finalists, the Wilson trust would place “great weight” on the above two factors.

Those factors remain critical in the selection of a winning bidder, according to two informed sources.

Unlike with his two known rival bidders — Donald Trump and Jon Bon Jovi’s Toronto group — neither factor is believed to be an issue for Pegula.

More...

Suck it, Felch.

!!!!!! JUST SAW IT IN ESPN !!!!!

Awesome!!!! Excited hope he changes the culture & a new stadium downtown or waterfront would be Killer!!!!

WagonCircler
09-08-2014, 10:08 PM
If Pegula is announced as the new Bills owner, I say we play Livin' on a Prayer instead of the Shout song this Sunday, just to mock Bon Jovi.

WagonCircler
09-08-2014, 10:12 PM
This is happening!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2159449-buffalo-bills-owner-search-updates-and-details-on-finalists-for-position?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national2

WagonCircler
09-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Joe Buscaglia:

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 4m
Like my media brethren @ByTimGraham, @AdamBenigni and @AdamSchefter, source telling me all signs are pointing to Pegula getting the #Bills

Fletch
09-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Why are you treating this as news?

This has been the case for as long as bids have been submitted.

Just let the news hit and when it does, officially, post it.

WagonCircler
09-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Piss off, Felch.

This is like Christmas Eve.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Really? Really?

I try to be nice to you

BTW - before you say something - I will respond to you tomorrow. Not that I already did not address many of the points.

but can you admit acting like Watkins is a bust or something after one game is stupid beyond belief?

I have no idea WTF you're talking about. That post wasn't even addressed to you, it was addressed to Yardrat who clearly doesn't care if we're ever a good team. All he wants is a 4-12 team in Buffalo apparently.

As to Watkins, I have no idea why you think I'm saying he's a bust. But he has to be so much more than just a 1st rounder to match what we gave up for him.

I posted after the draft that we should have taken either Evans or Benjamin, so if those guys play better then what, does that make me more knowledgeable than our dumbfounded GM and the rest of the FO?

It's not about Watkins being a bust, it's about whether or not the picks were a judicious use of them to get him.

Right now, and this is a fact, he's had 3 catches for 21 yards in preseason, and 3 for 31 in season.

Everyone was expecting him and his speed to come out of the gates swinging, but it hasn't even shown signs of happening, just as with Spiller.

Yeah yeah, he's injured. So are 200 other players that put up numbers on Sunday. He wasn't injured in preseason when he put up 3 for 21 and a whopping 7 ypr avg.

So the ones on the short end of any discussion as to whether or not Watkins was worth the pick should have absolutely nothing to say at the moment. Period.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Excited hope he changes the culture & a new stadium downtown or waterfront would be Killer!!!!

That's key right there.

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl: It's really humorous how angry you are after a win. Watching you melt down all over the boards after the first game of the season has become priceless.

Angry? LOL

You've got me mistaken loser.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Really? Really?

I try to be nice to you

BTW, you called me out earlier for daring to even remotely consider that you'd make a post designed to get me involved, but just look at all the nonsense being sent my way.

The only thing that looks ridiculous to outsiders is this forum. It's not me.

Dr. Lecter
09-08-2014, 10:28 PM
BTW, you called me out earlier for daring to even remotely consider that you'd make a post designed to get me involved, but just look at all the nonsense being sent my way.

The only thing that looks ridiculous to outsiders is this forum. It's not me.
Yeah - I can assure you that the thread was nothing to do with going after you. I saw the stat on Twitter and posted it because I thought it was interesting. You can believe me or now. But in the past when I have done something to poke fun at somebody I have no problem saying I did.

And I tend to think I have build up enough of a reputation here that I don't feed a line of **** to people.

As for the nonsense sent your way, yep . I see it.

I also see you dishing a lot out.

If you can't take it don't dish it. It is pretty easy.

Wagon and I have gone at it plenty of times on various subjects.

But he never whines when I dish it back.

WagonCircler
09-08-2014, 10:29 PM
But wait, there's more!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/08/report-bills-sale-moving-fast-in-favor-of-sabres-owner-terry-pegula/

Fletch
09-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Piss off, Felch.

This is like Christmas Eve.

Again, with your limited ability to comprehend things, I'd think so.

Christmas eve to me will be when Whaley & the rest of the front office are shown their marching orders.

Scumbag College
09-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Kelly Pegula. Attractive.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s379/bhurtgam/by7S5bTp_zpsc9180b9c.jpeg

Yo...she is a catch. Her old man is going to own the Bills and Sabres and she is hot. I see a future Mrs. Scumbag College.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Yeah - I can assure you that the thread was nothing to do with going after you. I saw the stat on Twitter and posted it because I thought it was interesting. You can believe me or now. But in the past when I have done something to poke fun at somebody I have no problem saying I did.

And I tend to think I have build up enough of a reputation here that I don't feed a line of **** to people.

As for the nonsense sent your way, yep . I see it.

I also see you dishing a lot out.

If you can't take it don't dish it. It is pretty easy.

Wagon and I have gone at it plenty of times on various subjects.

But he never whines when I dish it back.

I believe you. I was just puzzled when you tagged me for a post not even made to you. Yet it's so typical here that I thought that you meant it.

I dish it out only after it's been dished. I never initiate. That's the difference. Seems that people are so childish here that this is going to permanently ongoing. I'm telling you though that to outsiders the place looks ******ed. It's no skin off my teeth and I'm hardly complaining. Just pointing it out.

Entire threads are being posted as if I really hate this team, really want it to move, etc. I don't even know what to say to that, but honestly, can it possibly get more childish and ******ed? Seriously, can it get any more childish? I don't think it can, or at least not much more.

What you have here is a group of people that don't want to expend too much mental energy on anything thought provoking, so you have a series of very shallow conversations. Anytime someone interjects something that isn't widely popular things go downhill in a hurry.

It is what it is. As to my positions, they're clear. It's beyond obvious that no one really cares what I actually think with the exceptions of a handful, maybe 6 or fewer, posters. But to then start making **** up about what I think, I mean really Lechter, does it, can it possibly get any more chidish.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Yo...she is a catch. Her old man is going to own the Bills and Sabres and she is hot. I see a future Mrs. Scumbag College.

Nice way to talk about the owner's wife.

BertSquirtgum
09-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Nice way to talk about the owner's wife.

You are the biggest idiot. She is the Pegula's daughter. Please go away for the love of god. You are the worst.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 10:48 PM
You are the biggest idiot. She is the Pegula's daughter. Please go away for the love of god. You are the worst.

Oh, OK, even better, talking about Pegula's daughter like that on a Bills forum.

I'd expect that in a Pats forum. Not here.

Good to see you defending that. Yeah, sorry to attempt to inject an element of decency here.

BertSquirtgum
09-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Oh, OK, even better, talking about Pegula's daughter like that on a Bills forum.

I'd expect that in a Pats forum. Not here.

Good to see you defending that. Yeah, sorry to attempt to inject an element of decency here.

I'm so glad you're from Canada. We don't need douche bags like you in the US.

Fletch
09-08-2014, 11:09 PM
I'm so glad you're from Canada. We don't need douche bags like you in the US.

Not like you've said that repeatedly before.

Now you're a liar too. You sound like a real piece of ****. Glad I don't know ya.

WagonCircler
09-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Not like you've said that repeatedly before.

Now you're a liar too. You sound like a real piece of ****. Glad I don't know ya.

A little grumpy today, Felch?

Why's that?

Disappointed about something?

Fletch
09-08-2014, 11:36 PM
A little grumpy today, Felch?

Why's that?

Disappointed about something?

Not grumpy at all.

Just dislike people such as yourself. Objectively, you sound like a real piece of ****. Don't know what else to say.

Clearly you don't seem to think that I'm anything special, so nothing lost, huh.

Skooby
09-08-2014, 11:39 PM
Can we have a Canadian IQ to screen out all the Canucks / Cockneys ?

WagonCircler
09-09-2014, 12:43 AM
Not grumpy at all.

Just dislike people such as yourself. Objectively, you sound like a real piece of ****. Don't know what else to say.

Clearly you don't seem to think that I'm anything special, so nothing lost, huh.

Sorry you're having such a bad day, Felch.

Here's something to meditate on:

BUFFALO BILLS

No....not TORONTO... BUFFALO

We not talking' 'bout TORONTO....not TORONTO...

...we talkin' 'bout BUFFALO

coastal
09-09-2014, 04:50 AM
The Bills apparently are staying in buffalo and all you toilet kickers can do is hate on a poster?

weak sauce guys.

congrats to Terry Pegs.

apparently fracking pays well enough to buy some pretty cool toys.

Heres hoping he doesn't attempt to stick it to the Erie County and NYS tax payers on a new stadium.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2014, 04:53 AM
Can we have a Canadian IQ to screen out all the Canucks / Cockneys ?

I like most Canadians.

At least they don't start a boatload of worthless threads each day

Night Train
09-09-2014, 04:57 AM
I like most Canadians.

At least they don't start a boatload of worthless threads each day

:rofl: :bf1:

YardRat
09-09-2014, 05:00 AM
I'd rather see a boatload of threads from a fan than somebody pissing and whining all over the boards because the team won. We're going to get enough of that when they do lose

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2014, 05:03 AM
I have no idea WTF you're talking about. That post wasn't even addressed to you, it was addressed to Yardrat who clearly doesn't care if we're ever a good team. All he wants is a 4-12 team in Buffalo apparently.

As to Watkins, I have no idea why you think I'm saying he's a bust. But he has to be so much more than just a 1st rounder to match what we gave up for him.

I posted after the draft that we should have taken either Evans or Benjamin, so if those guys play better then what, does that make me more knowledgeable than our dumbfounded GM and the rest of the FO?

It's not about Watkins being a bust, it's about whether or not the picks were a judicious use of them to get him.

Right now, and this is a fact, he's had 3 catches for 21 yards in preseason, and 3 for 31 in season.

Everyone was expecting him and his speed to come out of the gates swinging, but it hasn't even shown signs of happening, just as with Spiller.

Yeah yeah, he's injured. So are 200 other players that put up numbers on Sunday. He wasn't injured in preseason when he put up 3 for 21 and a whopping 7 ypr avg.

So the ones on the short end of any discussion as to whether or not Watkins was worth the pick should have absolutely nothing to say at the moment. Period.

Of course there are questions about what they did to get Watkins. I don't think I ever denied that. But making profound statements and just comparing stats between he and Benjamin are misleading and more than a bit disingenuous.

First off, this "everybody" part is really not true, but is something you seem to like to do - i.e. lump all posters into one.

Second, I like Benjamin too as you can imagine by looking at my avatar. But let's not act like the two are in the same situation on their respective teams. Quite simply, the Panthers have no WRs like Williams or Woods on their team so I would expect Benjamin to get more opportunities.

It still boils down to him having played one game. The pre-season stats are irrelevant (and yes - he was injured and missed most of two games) so why you went there I have no idea.

We really don't know if the move will work out. They gave up more than I would have liked. But I also know they got that one of the most talented WRs I have seen in years and one of the top 2 players in this draft.

And whether you like it or not, people are going to respond when you through your digs on him when there is really no data whatsoever to decide whether or not he was worth it

Finally, whether or not a post was "addressed" to somebody on a public forum does not really mean anything.

If Watkins had caught 8 balls for 175 yards and 2 TDs I would hope that people would not say that it proved that trade was worth it - and I tend to think you would not say it meant that.

YardRat
09-09-2014, 05:07 AM
How can you not love a dumbass that contends one game means nothing for one argument/discussion, but insists it is 'proof' that he is 'right' for another? This is a hoot!

DraftBoy
09-09-2014, 05:09 AM
Fantastic news to wake up too!!

Can't wait to see the final number.

Also you better believe the NFL wants this to happen as fast as possible to get some kind of positive news going with the Ray Rice disaster out there. Which is fine by me, the team goes to Pegula and stays in Buffalo.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2014, 05:34 AM
I'd rather see a boatload of threads from a fan than somebody pissing and whining all over the boards because the team won. We're going to get enough of that when they do lose

I don't mind criticism when the team wins.

As long as there is also some acknowledgment that there were some good things too

stuckincincy
09-09-2014, 05:44 AM
Fantastic news to wake up too!!

Can't wait to see the final number.

Also you better believe the NFL wants this to happen as fast as possible to get some kind of positive news going with the Ray Rice disaster out there. Which is fine by me, the team goes to Pegula and stays in Buffalo.

At least until 2019...

DraftBoy
09-09-2014, 05:51 AM
At least until 2019...

No it will be for as long as Pegula owns the team. He'll get the new stadium built as well which will ensure their time in Buffalo to likely beyond his ownership tenure.

Also Pegula has five kids (including a pro tennis playing daughter) so the likelihood that one of them takes the reigns after him is pretty high.

YardRat
09-09-2014, 05:52 AM
I don't mind criticism when the team wins.

As long as there is also some acknowledgment that there were some good things too

Criticism is one thing. Unfettered pissing and moaning quite another.

It's been pointed out that there a few 'fans' that will find something to ***** about regardless of results, just for the sake of *****ing. If nothing else, that's pretty much been proven to be correct.

better days
09-09-2014, 06:17 AM
Again, with your limited ability to comprehend things, I'd think so.

Christmas eve to me will be when Whaley & the rest of the front office are shown their marching orders.

Christmas Eve for you would have been the Toronto group buying the Bills.

LUMP OF COAL FOR YOU. That's all your getting in your stocking.

First & foremost, BUFFALO Bills fans want to see the team bought by Pegula, knowing he will keep the team in Buffalo.

After the sale is complete, we can talk about the front office & the record.

As for me, I am happy with the job the front office did this off season.

better days
09-09-2014, 06:21 AM
At least until 2019...

Congratulations. You have just joined the ranks of the TROLLS with this post.

Night Train
09-09-2014, 06:38 AM
There will always be unhappy posters trolling with contrarian hyperbole, thinking it makes them some sort of divine prophet...rather than the idiot savant status they actually embrace.

It impresses no one, outside of their spell checker.

Lets review

1. The Bills are staying locally
2. They won the opener
3. People are in good spirits, long term concerning the team.

For a few, it's Jonestown but I sure won't stop them..Enjoy the drink..

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2014, 06:46 AM

You think everybody is a troll.......

better days
09-09-2014, 06:51 AM
You think everybody is a troll.......

Not really, just people that are not fans of the BUFFALO Bills & don't give a damn if they stay or leave.

As big a pessimist as OpIv is, you have never seen me call him a troll because I know he is a BUFFALO Bills fan.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2014, 06:56 AM
Not really, just people that are not fans of the BUFFALO Bills & don't give a damn if they stay or leave.

As big a pessimist as OpIv is, you have never seen me call him a troll because I know he is a BUFFALO Bills fan.

So what did Cincy do to deserve that title?

better days
09-09-2014, 07:04 AM
So what did Cincy do to deserve that title?

He posted something not long ago & someone called him a half a troll.

Cinci's response to DraftBoys post "fantastic news to wake up too!!" "the team goes to Pegula and stays in Buffalo." was "at least until 2019"

That was the type of response to a post about GOOD NEWS that only a TROLL would post.

DynaPaul
09-09-2014, 07:06 AM
I'm loving it. Bye bye Bon Jovi and Trump! Thanks for playing.

Turf
09-09-2014, 07:07 AM
I'll celebrate when its official, but Pegulas been the obvious choice forever, and this is going to happen. Can't wait. He now has my dream job.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2014, 07:13 AM
He posted something not long ago & someone called him a half a troll.

Cinci's response to DraftBoys post "fantastic news to wake up too!!" "the team goes to Pegula and stays in Buffalo." was "at least until 2019"

That was the type of response to a post about GOOD NEWS that only a TROLL would post.

That does not make him a troll.

I know you don't like differing opinions, but not everybody is a troll

stuckincincy
09-09-2014, 07:13 AM

Gee, another peremptory announcement from His Nibs... :jig:

better days
09-09-2014, 07:29 AM
That does not make him a troll.

I know you don't like differing opinions, but not everybody is a troll

On the contrary, I do enjoy debating people with differing opinions.

I do not enjoy when some people with differing opinions make things personal. No need for that IMO.

Like I said before, I only call people Troll if they have shown they are not fans of the Buffalo Bills & could care less if the Bills left Buffalo.

IMO, Cinci posted a TROLL like response to DraftBoy's post. If it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck.

Fletch
09-09-2014, 07:32 AM
On the contrary, I do enjoy debating people with differing opinions.

So you enjoy debating yourself then?

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2014, 07:33 AM
He is also correct - until something happens the team is not locked in yet.

And it is funny you decry personal comments when cincy did not make any personal comments but you did.

coastal
09-09-2014, 07:35 AM
This thread is so gay it butt hurts.

the Bills aren't MOVING!!!!!!!!

who cares if better spooge or Wretch is a troll or not.

This is about our ability to maintain socially acceptable, parking lot alcoholism and debauchery while rooting for the worlds most frustrating professional sports franchise... next to the Cubs of course but that's baseball so they don't really count anyways.

parking lot and booze boys... with a chaser of Thurman dancing sideways through a hole.

Trolls?

get your priorities straight or face the music.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2014, 07:43 AM
I don't know. The Leafs are pretty frustrating too.

better days
09-09-2014, 07:52 AM
So you enjoy debating yourself then?

Well TROLL, I do have an open mind & have had it changed when others have shown me the error of my thinking.

An example of this was last off season, I stuck up for Brian Moorman & said he did not have a bad year.

Well, another poster showed me I was wrong, that Moorman had a TERRIBLE year. He got me to change my mind about Moorman.

This year Moorman is off the team.

Only an IDIOT would not change his mind when he was proven wrong.

But you keep thinking the Bills will move.

Fletch
09-09-2014, 07:57 AM
Well TROLL, I do have an open mind & have had it changed when others have shown me the error of my thinking.

An example of this was last off season, I stuck up for Brian Moorman & said he did not have a bad year.

Well, another poster showed me I was wrong, that Moorman had a TERRIBLE year. He got me to change my mind about Moorman.

This year Moorman is off the team.

Only an IDIOT would not change he mind when he was proven wrong.

But you keep thinking the Bills will move.

I'll ignore the childish insults and response.

As to the Bills moving, simply because Pegula buys the team is no assurance that they're not moving. Has this eluded you?

He's the best choice for trying to keep them here, but unless he's willing to drop another $1B on a new stadium, and maybe he is, but maybe he isn't, that's what's going to be necessary to keep the team here.

Why? Because Goodell and the league has said so and the league usually gets its way 99% of the time.

As to changing opinions, you yourself posted a thread after Sunday insisting that the team is now going 10-6. Talk about an about-face.

Anyway, I was being lighthearted, sorry that you took it so seriously.

trapezeus
09-09-2014, 08:10 AM
You do such a good job of sucking your own. Keep up the good work.

I don't think that anyone thinks that anyone but Pegula will win this. I'm not going to believe it though until the news officially hits. We've seen so much errant reporting that nothing is definite until it's been formally reported.

The next step will be cleaning house in the front office. If Pegula keeps the current FO like some other reports have said he will, that won't be good news.

errant reporting being reports that don't jive with what you want. it's been fairly similar across the board across most media sources. you just chose to be obtuse about how a trust works and how an investment bank processes such a sale.

HAMMER
09-09-2014, 08:12 AM
I think we should all just put this guy on ignore, maybe his life will improve. I know mine will.

coastal
09-09-2014, 08:24 AM

As to the Bills moving, simply because Pegula buys the team is no assurance that they're not moving. Has this eluded you?

He's the best choice for trying to keep them here, but unless he's willing to drop another $1B on a new stadium, and maybe he is, but maybe he isn't, that's what's going to be necessary to keep the team here.

Why? Because Goodell and the league has said so and the league usually gets its way 99% of the time.

As to changing opinions, you yourself posted a thread after Sunday insisting that the team is now going 10-6. Talk about an about-face.

Don't be obtuse... Pegs isn't moving the Bills anywhere but downtown.

Pegs is going to do what Jim and that sh1tty nightclub couldn't do... revitalize the downtown area!

Fletch
09-09-2014, 08:31 AM
errant reporting being reports that don't jive with what you want. it's been fairly similar across the board across most media sources. you just chose to be obtuse about how a trust works and how an investment bank processes such a sale.

A trust works the way the instructions to it are written.

You implying that you know what that was when it was and still is to date a closely guarded secret says a lot about your posting.

Once again, you offer absolutely no substance, but you know.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we should all just put this guy on ignore, maybe his life will improve. I know mine will.

Please!

I know mine will.

Fletch
09-09-2014, 08:33 AM
Don't be obtuse... Pegs isn't moving the Bills anywhere but downtown.

Pegs is going to do what Jim and that sh1tty nightclub couldn't do... revitalize the downtown area!

I hope you're right. I'd love to see it.

But we've been sold bill-of-goods after bill-of-goods for years. It's easy to be skeptical when it comes to our Bills.

I'll believe it when I see financing in place and ground broken on a new stadium.

I also don't think that a downtown stadium is going to be as much fun for attending games, the tailgating aspect won't be there nearly to the extent that a more suburban or rural stadium allows for. There are some other pluses though.

trapezeus
09-09-2014, 08:40 AM

keep saying that evans had a better game and that benjamin played better. eventually it'll sound like the truth to one other person. if you watched the games AND look at the stats, you see a team that was pass first and targetted 3 guys routinely. benjamin was one of those guys. the bills went run first and had 200 yards rushing. why deviate from a plan that works?

evans was targeted 9 times with 5 catches. and his long catch for 11 yards must have been quite a game changer.

watkins on the other hand 3 of 4 and people watching the game saw an overthrow on the one pass. and he had a 25 yard gain on 3rd and 5 in a tie game.

again, you claim to be so brilliant in your statistical analysis, but then it just seems like you don't actually watch the games.

JoeMama
09-09-2014, 08:45 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/053ca482887a2f733_zpsb6235042.gif (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/JoeMama025/media/053ca482887a2f733_zpsb6235042.gif.html) @ all the losers who hoped and prayed we'd move to Toronto

better days
09-09-2014, 08:49 AM

Well, you are WRONG. Pegula buying the Bills is as absolute an insurance as you can get in this World that the Bills are not moving.

As far as a new Stadium, the NFL may want one & Pegula most likely does as well, but if the Bills new owner is happy with an old Stadium, there is nothing the NFL could/would do about it.

Just look at San Diego & Oakland, the NFL is not forcing those teams to move.

And where did I not say the Bills were not going 10-6?

cookie G
09-09-2014, 09:17 AM
This thread is so gay it butt hurts.

the Bills aren't MOVING!!!!!!!!

who cares if better spooge or Wretch is a troll or not.

This is about our ability to maintain socially acceptable, parking lot alcoholism and debauchery while rooting for the worlds most frustrating professional sports franchise... next to the Cubs of course but that's baseball so they don't really count anyways.

parking lot and booze boys... with a chaser of Thurman dancing sideways through a hole.

Trolls?

get your priorities straight or face the music.

God, you're as bitter as Spiked about this..

"Go ahead, keep your stoopid team in your stooopid little town!!! Go ahead and get drunk for all I care!!!"

Meh....you know it as well as I do, the bike belongs to Pee Wee, the bike stays with Pee Wee.

Bon Jovi playing the role of Francis Buxton was cute..but it had to come to an end sometime.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C5P5eQiKNQs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fletch
09-09-2014, 09:47 AM
keep saying that evans had a better game and that benjamin played better. eventually it'll sound like the truth to one other person. if you watched the games AND look at the stats, you see a team that was pass first and targetted 3 guys routinely. benjamin was one of those guys. the bills went run first and had 200 yards rushing. why deviate from a plan that works?

evans was targeted 9 times with 5 catches. and his long catch for 11 yards must have been quite a game changer.

watkins on the other hand 3 of 4 and people watching the game saw an overthrow on the one pass. and he had a 25 yard gain on 3rd and 5 in a tie game.

again, you claim to be so brilliant in your statistical analysis, but then it just seems like you don't actually watch the games.

Dude, quit putting words in my mouth. Kelvin Benjamin clearly had a better game than Watkins, how TF can anyone argue to the contrary. You're so dishonest in your posting that it reeks.

I realize your emotional immaturity level to not be able to cope with contrary opinions than your own, but denying reality is the dumbest thing.

Otherwise, WTF isn't sinking in here for you trapezeus? Seriously, where are you hanging up. I'll put my life on hold to explain this simplest of concepts to you.

Once again, it's not about whether or not Watkins played better or worse than Evans or Benjamin, or any other WR taken in this draft for that matter, in any given game.

It is entirely about whether or not trading two (2) TWO 1st-round picks, get that, two (2) TWO 1st round picks, was worth it over just drafting a WR like Evans or Benjamin otherwise.

Are you really struggling with this, or just trying to be the ******* that you like to be anytime you see my name pop up?

I'm thinking that few people can possibly be that dense to not understand that really simple thing. Apparently you are struggling mentally with it though. So please, tell me that you understand it.

A new poster here threw out the concept of opportunity cost at which I partially joked about no one here understanding that concept when applied to player acquisitions, but you make the point clearly, you truly don't seem to have any concept of opportunity cost.

CleveSteve
09-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Came on to congratulate you guys on the imminent outcome of this situation. Glad to hear the Bills will be staying put.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled arguments over which rookie wide receiver had a better game, lol.

Dr. Who
09-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Came on to congratulate you guys on the imminent outcome of this situation. Glad to hear the Bills will be staying put.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled arguments over which rookie wide receiver had a better game, lol.

Thanks. Very decent of you.

imbondz
09-09-2014, 11:00 AM
I seriously got chills reading this

trapezeus
09-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Dude, quit putting words in my mouth. Kelvin Benjamin clearly had a better game than Watkins, how TF can anyone argue to the contrary. You're so dishonest in your posting that it reeks.

I realize your emotional immaturity level to not be able to cope with contrary opinions than your own, but denying reality is the dumbest thing.

Otherwise, WTF isn't sinking in here for you trapezeus? Seriously, where are you hanging up. I'll put my life on hold to explain this simplest of concepts to you.

Once again, it's not about whether or not Watkins played better or worse than Evans or Benjamin, or any other WR taken in this draft for that matter, in any given game.

It is entirely about whether or not trading two (2) TWO 1st-round picks, get that, two (2) TWO 1st round picks, was worth it over just drafting a WR like Evans or Benjamin otherwise.

Are you really struggling with this, or just trying to be the ******* that you like to be anytime you see my name pop up?

I'm thinking that few people can possibly be that dense to not understand that really simple thing. Apparently you are struggling mentally with it though. So please, tell me that you understand it.

A new poster here threw out the concept of opportunity cost at which I partially joked about no one here understanding that concept when applied to player acquisitions, but you make the point clearly, you truly don't seem to have any concept of opportunity cost.

and the simple concept t hat your one game analysis that wasn't particularly good is too early to decide anything.

your brilliance shines so bright that it makes sense to no one. I agreed that trading up for watkins on a team that is just looking at the playoffs seems absurd.

but your gripe with watkins is that he sucked in college and was a product of a gimmick offense. you have stated in the past that he is bad and has no hope. and you use this one week performance to suggest you are on to something.

he was in line with where he should be. no drops, caught what was given, made a big catch on third and 5. the other two you have been peddling have done about the same. KB was intentionally targeted as a big part of the game plan.

i know you are a genius and all, but maybe more than a game before we annoint you king of the message boards.

Fletch
09-09-2014, 11:37 AM
and the simple concept t hat your one game analysis that wasn't particularly good is too early to decide anything.

your brilliance shines so bright that it makes sense to no one. I agreed that trading up for watkins on a team that is just looking at the playoffs seems absurd.

but your gripe with watkins is that he sucked in college and was a product of a gimmick offense. you have stated in the past that he is bad and has no hope. and you use this one week performance to suggest you are on to something.

he was in line with where he should be. no drops, caught what was given, made a big catch on third and 5. the other two you have been peddling have done about the same. KB was intentionally targeted as a big part of the game plan.

i know you are a genius and all, but maybe more than a game before we annoint you king of the message boards.

You're dense.

It's beyond clear that you ran out of arguments on the topic the moment that the discussion started.

MikeNC
09-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Thank you Mr. Pegula and family. **** you Bon Jovi, you are one unpatriotic mother****er, stick to the AFL with your ******* friend Gene Simmons, you are nothing but a rookie. Trump, you just suck as always, you would be nothing more than the next Jerry Jones. I am so happy for the city of Buffalo and the fans...

THATHURMANATOR
09-09-2014, 11:47 AM

Fletch can ya just give it a rest for the day! :D :hi5:

trapezeus
09-09-2014, 11:59 AM
You're dense.

It's beyond clear that you ran out of arguments on the topic the moment that the discussion started.

give us more of your knowledge, fletch. a whole estatic message board is happy to debunk your nonsense. for dense, you've managed to take a season opener and think everyone sees playoffs. repeatedly people tell you they were just excited a bills team answered the bell when it was needed most. you know, like how good teams do.

we've seen teams piss that bears game away routinely over 14 years. but this one didn't. warts and all, this team got the job done.

and when that's brought up you go to sammy watkins. a guy who can't help how he ended up on the team, but has shown a strong training camp and had a good first game.

on a day a new local owner is announced you mentioned, "not out of the woods yet!" because a stadium deal wasn't announced lock in step. the guy funded the harbor center himself. he follows his passion. he has 6-10 years for a new stadium.

keep your predictions up with all your facts...they are really very accurate and kind of bring good things to bills fans. give us the fletch miami analysis and how badly the bills will get beaten.

coastal
09-09-2014, 12:18 PM
God, you're as bitter as Spiked about this..

"Go ahead, keep your stoopid team in your stooopid little town!!! Go ahead and get drunk for all I care!!!"

Meh....you know it as well as I do, the bike belongs to Pee Wee, the bike stays with Pee Wee.

Bon Jovi playing the role of Francis Buxton was cute..but it had to come to an end sometime.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C5P5eQiKNQs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>so...

Bills fans are PeeWee Herman?

totally appropriate.

better days
09-09-2014, 04:30 PM
so...

totally appropriate.

Every time I see pee Wee, it remninds me of him getting busted at the Porno movie theatre in Sarasota.

I was living just a few blocks away at the time.

WagonCircler
09-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Every time I see pee Wee, it remninds me of him getting busted at the Porno movie theatre in Sarasota.

I was living just a few blocks away at the time.

I thought he was busted getting a rub & tug in Tampa.

Oh, wait. I'm thinking of everyone else.

better days
09-09-2014, 05:56 PM
I thought he was busted getting a rub & tug in Tampa.

Oh, wait. I'm thinking of everyone else.

That could have been his second arrest.

cookie G
09-09-2014, 06:31 PM
so...

totally appropriate.

eh, suck it, Francis.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PHbnQXsyDrE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Oh yeah, the Bills are staying in Buffalo, too."

~Andre Reed 8-02-14

swiper
09-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Cookie G with the smack talk.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2014, 06:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pzL6wkjmyc

swiper
09-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Can I have that 4 minutes of my life back please?

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2014, 07:19 PM
That's what she said

DraftBoy
09-09-2014, 07:32 PM
That's what she said

:12 of action followed by 3:48 of the most awkward crying/sobbing you've ever seen in your life!!

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Can I have that 4 minutes of my life back please?

Nope. I stole if from you. I win.

CommissarSpartacus
09-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Without wishing to be associated with any particular opinion on the eituation, this Torontonian has always wanted the Bills to remain in Buffalo.

Stealing Buffalo's team and having an aging hair band ass hole as owner would have been the worst.